Waived: Tyler Graovac- WSH

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Just seems like that brand of good AHL player with enough to be a 4th liner when needed as a replacement.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
He is big and really fast. The first time I watched him I was thinking "Wow who is this guy?". And then it just never happened.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Give up a 5th round pick, lose Nathan Walker (who cost 3 picks when he was a camp invite and could have been signed for 0) then lose him. Stellar asset management as always from the caps organization.

Whatever people say this kind of sloppiness and inefficiency prevalent in almost EVERY deal or move they make is the main reason they'll never win the cup.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Give up a 5th round pick, lose Nathan Walker (who cost 3 picks when he was a camp invite and could have been signed for 0) then lose him. Stellar asset management as always from the caps organization.

Whatever people say this kind of sloppiness and inefficiency prevalent in almost EVERY deal or move they make is the main reason they'll never win the cup.
oof

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

what? they couldnt sign him since it was illegal to

However, due to an overlooked rule, the Capitals were unable to sign Walker; as he had started the 2012–13 season in Europe and then moved to North America, and was under 20 years old, he would have to enter the 2014 NHL Entry Draft before being allowed to sign an NHL contract.[17] Instead, on 24 September Walker signed a contract with the Capitals' American Hockey League affiliate, the Hershey Bears.[18] He made his debut for the Bears on 5 October 2013 against the Adirondack Phantoms, becoming the first Australian to play in the AHL.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

Caps gave up a 5th for a fringe NHL'er, and he's not lighting the world on fire (never mind they added him specifically for the expansion draft, so that they had enough available players to offer VGK...meaning protect Eller, MaJo, etc). I guess 5th rounders are the new 2nd rounder? Lots of top notch talent the Caps missed out on?

And you of course have the Walker saga completely wrong. He was from Europe, so they could NOT sign him to an NHL contract (but why blow your narrative on a fact??)...and they traded 2 picks to move up to get him (2 4th's for a 3rd....GASP, what terrible management!!!). So not sure where the 3 picks cost comes from.

That was all FOUR years ago. The player didnt pan out for them, so he's gone. It must be the first time in the history of the NHL that a 3rd pick didnt make the big team after 4 whole years.

Yeah, you got it right. Those 2 situations really speak to the total ineptitude of Caps management. Youve shown me the light brother!!! I'm gonna grab the torches and pitchforks and storm the management castle!!!!!

LOL. You boob.

Reactions: HeyMattyB

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Caps gave up a 5th for a fringe NHL'er, and he's not lighting the world on fire (never mind they added him specifically for the expansion draft, so that they had enough available players to offer VGK...meaning protect Eller, MaJo, etc). I guess 5th rounders are the new 2nd rounder? Lots of top notch talent the Caps missed out on?

And you of course have the Walker saga completely wrong. He was from Europe, so they could NOT sign him to an NHL contract (but why blow your narrative on a fact??)...and they traded 2 picks to move up to get him (2 4th's for a 3rd....GASP, what terrible management!!!). So not sure where the 3 picks cost comes from.

That was all FOUR years ago. The player didnt pan out for them, so he's gone. It must be the first time in the history of the NHL that a 3rd pick didnt make the big team after 4 whole years.

Yeah, you got it right. Those 2 situations really speak to the total ineptitude of Caps management. Youve shown me the light brother!!! I'm gonna grab the torches and pitchforks and storm the management castle!!!!!

LOL. You boob.

Ironically, he needs a revelation of some sorts. (His username is Revelation.)

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com

This is erroneous on lots of levels. Hard to pick which one to refute: the incompleteness of the first trade, the plain wrongness of the Walker thing (cost three picks? What?) and no, he could NOT have been signed.

Stellar posting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad