Player Discussion Tyler Ennis - LW

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Ughhh. Tough way for Ennis to end his year. You can tell he fits in well with this group, id bring him back as the extra forward. He played much better this year, way more responsible with the puck. Less turnovers, didnt try and do too much.
Camp PTO or nothing, imo. I also get the sense that DJ prefers Gaudette and we definitely shouldn't have both of them around.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Camp PTO or nothing, imo. I also get the sense that DJ prefers Gaudette and we definitely shouldn't have both of them around.
Yeah? I felt like he likes Ennis more, agree they cant have both I just think given how well he fits the chemistry of the team he will be the one to stay. They wont be bringing back Tierney, will they bring back Gambrell?

For next season this is what we know is going to be here. Is Sokolov going to make the jump? Kelly? Are they going to spend on a UFA?

1.Norris
2. Tkachuk
3. Batherson
4. Stutzle
5. White
6. Brown
7. Joseph
8. Pinto
9, Formenton
10. Watson

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yeah? I felt like he likes Ennis more, agree they cant have both I just think given how well he fits the chemistry of the team he will be the one to stay. They wont be bringing back Tierney, will they bring back Gambrell?

For next season this is what we know is going to be here. Is Sokolov going to make the jump? Kelly? Are they going to spend on a UFA?

1.Norris
2. Tkachuk
3. Batherson
4. Stutzle
5. White
6. Brown
7. Joseph
8. Pinto
9, Formenton
10. Watson

I'd say Watson and White spots are not garanteed. Joseph on the 4th line but will most likely play higher and fill a spot in a top-6 so we won't have to spend money on Giroux for example! (great news)

Tkachuk - Norris - ????????
???????? - Stutzle - Batherson
Formenton - Pinto - Brown
???????? - ???????? - Joseph

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'd say Watson and White spots are not garanteed. Joseph on the 4th line but will most likely play higher and fill a spot in a top-6 so we won't have to spend money on Giroux for example! (great news)

They are under contract, where are they going exactly? Joseph will be playing higher up than the 4th line.

Reactions: Cosmix

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

1.Norris
2. Tkachuk
3. Batherson
4. Stutzle
5. White
6. Brown
7. Joseph
8. Pinto
9, Formenton
10. Watson

Since Jan. 15th, Gaudette has played 34 games and Ennis has played 30. Granted, I thought the gap was bigger than that.

Personally, I'd bring back Gambrell over Gaudette or Ennis... he brings nothing offensively, but he can fit in a 4th line role and is a fine 13th/14th fwd imo. I'm more confident in us filling a short-term scoring role with a prospect than a shutdown/grinder role in case of injury. I'd be fine seeing them all walk, though.

I think we need to add a fwd or two depending on what happens with White, and I think Crookshank, Sokolov, Greig, Kastelic and Kelly should all be given long looks. And who knows what happens with our 1st pick this year.

If we cant find anyone better, so be it... but I hope we can upgrade on our 11, 12, and 13 fwds. I have no problem bringing him back as our 14th fwd though.

Reactions: bert

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
They are under contract, where are they going exactly? Joseph will be playing higher up than the 4th line.

Well, you probably heard it before but Colin White has a cheap buyout. If you can't make a "hockey trade" and want to move on from him, just buy him out. Don't pay assets for another team to take on his contract.

Austin Watson is a decent 4th liner with one year left at 1.5 AAV. Any team could take him at any moment.
It's the 2 guys that I don't find have a guaranteed job next season. The other 8 are 99.9% back

And yes Joseph will play higher, like I said. I just didn't put him anywhere as he could play about anywhere except defense and goalie

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think iut could be possible for them to move Tierny, Sanford, J. Brown, Ennis, Forsberg & maybe Paul if they can't get him re-signed. All these guys have NHL experience & could be deth for playoff teams, guys get injured in the playoffs.
You were 50% correct! Just kidding. :)

I was surprised Tierney wasn't traded; I hope Dorion is not planning to sign him again.

Signing Forsberg was almost a necessity given the Murray issues if the team wants to win games next season.

I had hoped Paul would be signed but I think the budget limitations played a big part in his trade for Joseph. Joseph has looked good in his few games played so far.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
You were 50% correct! Just kidding. :)

I was surprised Tierney wasn't traded; I hope Dorion is not planning to sign him again.

Signing Forsberg was almost a necessity given the Murray issues if the team wants to win games next season.

I had hoped Paul would be signed but I think the budget limitations played a big part in his trade for Joseph. Joseph has looked good in his few games played so far.
I don't like to see anyone go out because of injury since I have had quite a few myself but felt all yr that we should be able to do better than Ennis. I guess there just was no market for Tierny give the way he was playing, also no market for Gambrell or Gaudette. Joseph has looked good & I expect he may get that contract that they offered Paul.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021

Can Brown play his off wing?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Can Brown play his off wing?

Yes he can but I don't know/remember the last time he played on LW significantly and I'm not sure if he'd be as efficient, although with his skating, non-stop motor, work ethic and hockey IQ, I don't see why he wouldn't be good as well.

Why? You'd want him on 2nd line LW?

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Yes he can but I don't know/remember the last time he played on LW significantly and I'm not sure if he'd be as efficient, although with his skating, non-stop motor, work ethic and hockey IQ, I don't see why he wouldn't be good as well.

Why? You'd want him on 2nd line LW?
Yup. Joseph plays with Brady and Josh. Fill out the fourth like with Kelly, Kastelic and get Deslaurier for there too. Put Soks with Pinto.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yup. Joseph plays with Brady and Josh. Fill out the fourth like with Kelly, Kastelic and get Deslaurier for there too. Put Soks with Pinto.

Like this?

Tkachuk - Norris - Joseph
Brown - Stutzle - Batherson
Formenton - Pinto - Sokolov
Kelly - Kastelic - Deslauriers

I really like Brown and it looks like Joseph will/could be a good player for us too but I don't think having them in the top-6 will help us rise in the standings. With the parity in the NHL, you really need to have at least 10 excellent forwards and a solid and highly skilled top-6

Also not a fan of Sokolov in there. My 3rd line is a matchup line who plays against the other team's best lines. I'm not convinced Sokolov will be able to do much against Matthews and Marner for example. Formenton-Pinto-Brown on the other hand... I could see that line driving teams crazy.

Reactions: Loach

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Like this?

Tkachuk - Norris - Joseph
Brown - Stutzle - Batherson
Formenton - Pinto - Sokolov
Kelly - Kastelic - Deslauriers

I really like Brown and it looks like Joseph will/could be a good player for us too but I don't think having them in the top-6 will help us rise in the standings. With the parity in the NHL, you really need to have at least 10 excellent forwards and a solid and highly skilled top-6

Also not a fan of Sokolov in there. My 3rd line is a matchup line who plays against the other team's best lines. I'm not convinced Sokolov will be able to do much against Matthews and Marner for example. Formenton-Pinto-Brown on the other hand... I could see that line driving teams crazy.

Sokolov needs to improve his speed. If he cannot do that then he must play a more physical game. I suspect he will not do either of those things.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
True. We need to appreciate that we turned the savings of trading away Mark Stone, Erik Karlsson and Matt Duchene into Nikita Zaitsev, Connor Brown, Ron Hainsey and Tyler Ennis. How can anyone be upset about that?
They let you out? lol. Welcome back ..

Edit: Shit just saw the date .. I entered the thread on the 1st page. lol... Well welcome back anyway FQL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad