Value of: Tyler Bertuzzi

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
We're not retaining 50% on Bertuzzi, And it would cost you a lot more then what you're willing to surrender that's for sure. Start with one of Amirov/Robertson/Sandin for starters. Bernier @ 50% should bring back at least a late 2nd round pick . Bertuzzi has already been out for almost 2 months the odds of him even playing this year is pretty nil. He's been out close to 8 weeks with an undisclosed injury.

I'd happily trade Robertson + Amirov for Bertuzzi

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
To properly state Bertuzzi's value in the real world. You also have to understand some misconceptions on HFBoards.

In the real world this is how value works:

Star player > Good Player > Prospect > draft pick.

On HF Boards this seems to be reversed.

Bertuzzi falls into the "Good" Player category. But he is also in a rather unique gritty version of quality forward.. He is a playoff, big game performer. And surprisingly productive. He continues to improve.

I would say a 1st round pick + does not get a conversation started.
I would say a GOOD prospect + does get a conversation started.
He is worth a Good 2nd line player who is an RFA.

The trouble with HFBoards is they extrapolate what a prospect WILL be, and value the end product as a star player. Example Cole Caulfield is already More valuable here than lets say a Victor Olofsson.
This is not how trade values work in the real world. If you like your prospect and don't want to move him, than just don't try buying players with those prospects. Your team has to be in a win now mode.

The Robertson (prospect) + Amirov (good prospect) is the kind off deal it would take for Detroit to move Bertuzzi. Bertuzzi would instantly give you a second (but better) Zach Hyman type player on your top 2 lines.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Detroit Red Wing fans, what would the value need to be in order to pry away Bertuzzi in the offseason? (when healthy) I believe that Johnny Gaudreau will be moved in the offseason and that a player like Bertuzzi would be a great fit age wise/skill wise to slot into our top LW spot.

I like his game, speed, skill. Interested to hear what his acquisition price would be?
I feel like you just said some kind of secret password and I want to give him to you for free because you didn't describe him as some some grinder/pest/fighter that you want to slot onto your 3rd line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad