Value of: Tyler Bertuzzi

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Detroit Red Wing fans, what would the value need to be in order to pry away Bertuzzi in the offseason? (when healthy) I believe that Johnny Gaudreau will be moved in the offseason and that a player like Bertuzzi would be a great fit age wise/skill wise to slot into our top LW spot.

I like his game, speed, skill. Interested to hear what his acquisition price would be?

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
He's in a weird spot as far a trade value goes, contract expires (RFA) at the end of this season but he's missed the majority of it (and likely rest of it) with some kind of persistent injury. He's that rare breed of skilled grinder and everyone loves him so I think we'd like to keep him around long term. It would probably have to be an over payment, maybe a 1st does it but you probably have to add a decent prospect to make it interesting. Something like the Kapanen deal doesn't seem far off.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
As far as this board goes, the trade value needed is significantly higher than he's actually worth. It's a dumb tree to bark up.

maybe a 1st does it

Lol. The kind of teams giving up a first for Bert are the teams picking low enough that the odds are significantly against us getting back a player even 1/10 as good. A 1st alone would be incredibly incompetent GM'ing.

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
This has been asked before on the board, it would be more than teams would like to pay. Bertuzzi iz a gem that Detroit to a risk on with their 2nd round pick that turned out to be a great one. I see him being a part of the Wings for a long time. There would be a lot of angry players on Detroit if he were to be traded away as well (i.e. Larkin, Fabbri, and Mantha).

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
As far as this board goes, the trade value needed is significantly higher than he's actually worth. It's a dumb tree to bark up.

Lol. The kind of teams giving up a first for Bert are the teams picking low enough that the odds are significantly against us getting back a player even 1/10 as good. A 1st alone would be incredibly incompetent GM'ing.

Hence the rest of the sentence that you conveniently cut off. Relax bud.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Hence the rest of the sentence that you conveniently cut off.

The part that starts with "probably"? Yes, I cut it off because it was irrelevant. If you don't like the words you used, use different ones next time.

Relax bud.

You realize it's perfectly possible to be "relaxed" and still disagree with you, right? How insecure are you that you can only defend a bad opinion with "stop being emotional?!!?"

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
I like Bertuzzi's game and would love him on the Leafs. He's the kind of player you need to win. I agree with the person above in that he is more valuable to Detroit than the return he would yield. One would hope the grit and tenacity he plays with is infectious for the younger players coming.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
The part that starts with "probably"? Yes, I cut it off because it was irrelevant. If you don't like the words you used, use different ones next time.

You realize it's perfectly possible to be "relaxed" and still disagree with you, right? How insecure are you that you can only defend a bad opinion with "stop being emotional?!!?"

Maybe a 1st does it because who knows how high the draft pick is. If it's in the top of the round, I might do it, if it's in the back of the round, add a decent prospect. You're the one who came in with a "lol" as if my opinion is a joke. You can have a different opinion without mocking others.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Detroit Red Wing fans, what would the value need to be in order to pry away Bertuzzi in the offseason? (when healthy) I believe that Johnny Gaudreau will be moved in the offseason and that a player like Bertuzzi would be a great fit age wise/skill wise to slot into our top LW spot.

I like his game, speed, skill. Interested to hear what his acquisition price would be?
Depends on what the Flames are willing to give up for Beruzzi, Let's face it the only player the Flames have that would possibly entice us to move him would Be Noah Hanifin. So what are we saying Bertuzzi+ or Bertuzzi++ for Noah Hanifin depending on what picks or prospects we include.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
This is a tough one as others have pointed out, Bert is far more valuable to the Wings than other teams. It would most definitely take an overpayment to pry him away from Detroit. I think Yzerman is very comfortable giving him a long term contract.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Depends on what the Flames are willing to give up for Beruzzi, Let's face it the only player the Flames have that would possibly entice us to move him would Be Noah Hanifin. So what are we saying Bertuzzi+ or Bertuzzi++ for Noah Hanifin depending on what picks or prospects we include.

The only reason to acquire Bertuzzi would be to try and compete next season. We wouldn’t be able to trade Hanifin in a deal, but other valuable parts would be on the table. ( 1st 2021, Valimaki, Dube, Pelletier)

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
The only reason to acquire Bertuzzi would be to try and compete next season. We wouldn’t be able to trade Hanifin in a deal, but other valuable parts would be on the table. ( 1st 2021, Valimaki, Dube, Pelletier)
Great definitely one of Calgary's 2021 1st round pick or one of Dube/Valimaki/Pelletier would peak our interest.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Based on Bertuzzi's age and the state of our rebuild, I would venture that if the right deal came along, that Yzerman would trade him. I'm pretty sure that Yzerman understands that out of Mantha, Bertuzzi, and Larkin, that only Larkin (age 24) is young enough to live through our rebuild (probably why he was named Captain) and be helpful in our playoff years. Mantha and Bertuzzi both being 26 means that by the time they are potentially useful, they are already in decline.

But I also think that Yzerman will milk all of their years out of them unless a team is willing to pay a steep price for either.

My guess is it starts with a 1st and an A prospect or similar roster player...probably Pelletier would be my first choice from Calgary.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017

In agreement here, I'd offer Pelletier + 3rd 21(higher pick between ours and Edmonton's) for Bert, but if our 1st is on the table I'd want to lower the prospect to like Kylington/any forward prospect not named Pelletier or Zary(i don't count Dube as a prospect)

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
The cost would be high. He’s exactly the player a team like Edmonton needs. A talented top 6 winger with grit who fills the hole we have at lw. Even if Calgary pulled a deal off I’m sure Holland would be making an offer that at least ups the cost for Calgary.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Bert would be a perfect fit on the leafs. What would be the cost from the leafs for
Bertuzzi at (50%) + Bernier at (50%) ?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Bert would be a perfect fit on the leafs. What would be the cost from the leafs for
Bertuzzi at (50%) + Bernier at (50%) ?
We're not retaining 50% on Bertuzzi, And it would cost you a lot more then what you're willing to surrender that's for sure. Start with one of Amirov/Robertson/Sandin for starters. Bernier @ 50% should bring back at least a late 2nd round pick . Bertuzzi has already been out for almost 2 months the odds of him even playing this year is pretty nil. He's been out close to 8 weeks with an undisclosed injury.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
In agreement here, I'd offer Pelletier + 3rd 21(higher pick between ours and Edmonton's) for Bert, but if our 1st is on the table I'd want to lower the prospect to like Kylington/any forward prospect not named Pelletier or Zary(i don't count Dube as a prospect)
Didn't the entire NHL Pass on Kylington via waivers? or am I thinking of someone else?

a ~20th 1st in a weak draft (with limited scouting too) + waiver wire D prospect isn't gonna get 'er done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad