Ty Rattie - Role next year?

nyrcup94

Jul 14, 2002
Winston-Salem, NC
Visit site
I was wondering what everyone thinks will be Rattie's role on the Blues next year. He has gotten a few games this year and is averaging nearly 0.5 ppg. Will he get top 9 minutes as a wing or will he be stuck in the AHL again? Will he possibly be traded if there is no room in St. Louis?

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
There are some factors that may or may not prevent him from being up with the club all year. If Brouwer is resigned that will hurt his ice time. Does Jaskin get back to his rookie year of solid 3rd line production. I hope Rattie makes it and might have a better change with a different coach and a different system.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I think he'll fight for 3rd Line RW in Camp and preseason. IF he loses that battle he might be traded, or be the 10th forward, in a rotation with Jaškin and Brouwer.

He certainly WON'T be playing for The Wolves, as he will be eligible to be claimed on waivers.

I still have some slim hopes that he'll be traded to The Bolts (along with Schmaltz) for Drouin.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I think he'll fight for 3rd Line RW in Camp and preseason. IF he loses that battle he might be traded, or be the 10th forward, in a rotation with Jaškin and Brouwer.

He certainly WON'T be playing for The Wolves, as he will be eligible to be claimed on waivers.

I still have some slim hopes that he'll be traded to The Bolts (along with Schmaltz) for Drouin.

This is my same impression. Fight for a 3rd line spot, but if he can't stick there he'll be kind of in the Paajarvi role. It will be counterproductive for his development as his minutes will be less, but if he wants to play in the NHL that's what he has available unless he is traded.

trapn

Apr 5, 2012
Rattie will make the big club in the 3rd line RW slot. Hitch has never given him a fair shake on the depth chart or TOI so really tough to judge his NHL capabilities unfortunately, but I have been impressed with him at both the AHL & NHL level. His game has passed the AHL level and is ready to be a full time NHLer

Or if he gets sent down and he will be claimed off waivers to help another team in the NHL!

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If the Blues won't play him now there's no reason to think he will win a starting spot in camp. That is unlikely. The Blues will bring in some veteran to take that spot if they don't have one already.

He should just be one of the extra forwards. He can earn ice time throughout the season and he doesn't really need to play in the AHL anymore.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Sadly i feel like under hitch's system he won't play much here.of course I could be wrong but I feel like if that wasn't the case he would have gotten a longer stretch of games by now.he's a top 9 nhlr for sure,I'm just not convinced it'll be with the Blues.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Rattie will make the big club in the 3rd line RW slot. Hitch has never given him a fair shake on the depth chart or TOI so really tough to judge his NHL capabilities unfortunately, but I have been impressed with him at both the AHL & NHL level. His game has passed the AHL level and is ready to be a full time NHLer

Or if he gets sent down and he will be claimed off waivers to help another team in the NHL!

The Blues won't let a player of his value be claimed off waivers. He'll be traded rather than sent to The AHL. He can take Pääjärvi's place as 10th forward, if he doesn't win a 3rd Line position.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Dmitrij Jaskin disappointing this season is exactly why he won't get the 3rd line spot. He'll be an extra forward at best.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Extra forward/trade bait.

Only person he might beat out is Jaskin, but either way we should look to upgrade. Neither is a good roster addition at this point.

sst338d

Oct 20, 2014
Would take him in the lineup any day of the week over Jaskin! I cannot believe that they continue to let Jaskin and Pääjärvi play over him when he has so much more upside than both of them. My hopes are that if they don't use him they trade him, but would rather see him get a spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $8,851.00