OT: Two Jersey Questions

bvon44

Jul 3, 2006
Long Island
Guys, a little help if you will.....

I've been scouring Ebay for a hockey jersey to wear while playing ball hockey outdoors. I don't want to wreck any of my good Isles jerseys (especially since most of them are signed) and I've been wearing an old Blackhawks jersey that's now stained to high heaven and I hate wearing a Hawks jersey and looking like a bandwagoner. My question is, since I'm not wearing pads could I get away with buying a Youth XL jersey since it's a lot cheaper than any SR size jerseys and I wouldn't have to worry about destroying it? The Hawks jersey I've been wearing is an old Starter Youth XL. The chest measurement on it is 24" and the length is 26" but I'm more worried about the sleeves and I can't find a straight answer on the length of the jerseys out there. I'm not a big guy, barely 5'8'' and 160 lbs. I'd rather something a little short so it doesn't run down into my gloves when shooting, and also cause it's cooler temperature wise.

Second question, I've seen a lot of these sublimated jerseys on Ebay, not printed nor sewn, I've never had one, how are they and how do they look in person?

Thanks guys!

Bexlyspeed

May 21, 2011
Astoria, Queens, N.Y
my daughter bought a youth islanders jersey. CCM 550 Isles home jersey from the 2002 era, and it fits her great EXCEPT that the sleeves are noticably too short.

so i think that will be a problem for you, unless you dont mind.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I'd drive to Modells, find a youth XL jersey, and try it on. Actually seeing how the jersey fits will give you a much better idea than asking people on the internet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad