GDT: 'Twas the day after July 1st... Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Richards make too much sense to not happen. We've been connected to him before, he probably wants a smaller market after NY, we need a center, and he has been a linemate of Neal's before.

I just hope we can get him cheap and use the rest of that money to find him another linemate. I'm looking at you Moulson/Vanek/Vrbata.

This would be an awesome day in Free Agency for us!:handclap:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I predict we make Stastny his biggest offer. I really think Poile won't be outbid. the question is will he sign here or take less to go elsewhere.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I'm getting the feeling some on here are going to be very disappointed. I'm not expecting anything but another bargain bin offseason. And thanks to Sean Avery with all those nice things he said about Nashville free agents are just lining up to sign here.

If a player would really put stock in comments Sean Avery made on Twitter when making a career decision, I would go ahead and say that player is too stupid to play for our team anyway.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Vanek is going to the Wild. Stastny is the ultimate prize. It's unlikely though with Poile going after Spezza and VL ahead of time.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Agreed. He may not have made all of the right moves over the years, but I'm pretty sure he has been involved in the game long enough to know what a top 3 guy is.

Really so i guess he just over looked it lately. Said ahhh Nashville doesn't need top 3 forwards.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
If a player would really put stock in comments Sean Avery made on Twitter when making a career decision, I would go ahead and say that player is too stupid to play for our team anyway.
There was a bit of sarcasm in the Sean Avery reference I made. Most NHL players have been here and know what this city is really like. I still think some on here are setting their hopes too high. I don't think we target every plug like last year,but I do see Dany all star as someone Poile wants.

ChesterCopperpot1*

Hope I'm wrong, but I'm thinking Stastny will be a Blue. I think we go after Richards.

If he wants to live in St Louis then be my guest. The quality of life there is simply, not very good. Sure, he can find him a nice big home out in Wildwood, Chesterfield, or Eureka, but if all things are equal, why would you pick the city of St Louis over Nashville?

St Louis is probably closer to a cup now, but in really feel like Nashville can do something special in the next 2-4 years. Call me a St Louis hater, but there isn't any amount of $$ out there I would take to live in that city.

Last edited by a moderator:

Predatorbill

Feb 20, 2005
Nashville
Hoping that DP is worrying about his legacy. One of the longest tenures as a GM and no Cups in either DC or here. He knows that his problem is goal production and no true first line. He changed the coach to a more offensive minded one. Here's hoping he can sign the players in the next 72 hours. The most I have been excited about free agency in years.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
I think if [when] we lose out on Stastny, we should look at Grabovski over guys like Richards and Roy.

I think Grabovski is a really good player, but as a center for James Neal, he would be a terrible, terrible choice. He's more of a shoot first guy, doesn't use his linemates much. He could drive a second line with a couple of pass first wingers, but he'd be pretty awful centering Neal.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
If he wants to live in St Louis then be my guest. The quality of life there is simply, not very good. Sure, he can find him a nice big home out in Wildwood, Chesterfield, or Eureka, but if all things are equal, why would you pick the city of St Louis

St Louis is probably closer to a cup now, but in really feel like Nashville can do something special in the next 2-4 years. Call me a St Louis hater, but there isn't any amount of $$ out there I would take to live in that city.

Because he grew up in the area and his dad works for the blues .....

Last edited by a moderator:

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I kinda am hoping we don't get stastny.

Paying a guy like him over 7 million a season is ridiculous and could be crippling for the team. Stastny was outstanding his first few NHL seasons but has been up and down and rather inconsistent since 2010-2011 season.

I mean sure this season he had 60 points in 71 games, but the season before he had only 24 in 40 which is barely over .5 ppg average.

He's the best available for centres no doubt but is he really worth paying the 7.5-8 million a season it will most likely cost us to get him???

I like brad Richards as our gig for this crop of free agents unless we can trade for a centre.
Then we save money by signing Richards instead and try to bring in hemsky or moulson. Or bring in volchenkov or ehroff to replace mdz.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
I think Grabovski is a really good player, but as a center for James Neal, he would be a terrible, terrible choice. He's more of a shoot first guy, doesn't use his linemates much. He could drive a second line with a couple of pass first wingers, but he'd be pretty awful centering Neal.

I can't say I agree. Grabovski showed the playmaking side of his game in Washington when he had shooters to play with. He's a hybrid type who can adjust his game as it needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad