OT: TV thread

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Anyone else watching ‘ From’ on Prime?

its nuts.

Best I can equate to its like Outer Limits, The Twilight Zone, Stephen King, Lost or American Horror Story. If you like that type on genre its worth a watch. Just finished Season 1.

not for kids for sure.
Yes I watched both seasons I loved it

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Bear Season 2 was excellent except the fishes episode.

Loved the Marcus, Tins and Richie episodes. Richies character development was great to see.

Bear probably one of my favorite shows over the last year or so. That fishes episode was top tier. But because of how raw and authentic it was I can see why it may hit way too close to home for some.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
1688773580048.jpeg

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
My 23 year old nephew is living with us and just had to get knee surgery. He asked if there was a good “old school”TV show we could watch. He never heard of Band of Brothers.

Screening starts tonight. Episodes 1 and 2. So excited to watch for the…20th? time

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Was there ever an odder TV show in New England TV history than Dick Stacey's Country Jubilee which aired on Channel 7 in Bangor from 1973-1983.

The key was he would have people on WHO COULD NOT SING.

The show became very popular in Atlantic Canada when before satellites the Bangor stations were picked up by microwave.

Reactions: Dreghorn2

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
My 23 year old nephew is living with us and just had to get knee surgery. He asked if there was a good “old school”TV show we could watch. He never heard of Band of Brothers.

Screening starts tonight. Episodes 1 and 2. So excited to watch for the…20th? time

Rewatching a loved show with a loved one (for their first time) is a completely different type of enjoyment, I love doing that

Reactions: lopey

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

I'm so old I can remember the local tv repair man. He had new & refurbished sets in his shop. If your tv broke down he'd come to the house to look at it. Most times he had the right part with him (usually a tube) but sometimes he had to take the set back with him. It was fascinating to watch him remove the back of the tv and check all the tubes & wiring.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I'm so old I can remember the local tv repair man. He had new & refurbished sets in his shop. If your tv broke down he'd come to the house to look at it. Most times he had the right part with him (usually a tube) but sometimes he had to take the set back with him. It was fascinating to watch him remove the back of the tv and check all the tubes & wiring.
My Grandfather was his 'town tv guy' up in Maine after he retired. :laugh:

I remember his workshop/ham radio studio back when I was a kid. This was mid 90s mind you but he still had all the older equipment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad