TV pucken 2022

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Caught a few games today. Tiny Stockholm Syd defenseman Neo Hirsch sure is an entertaining one to watch. Offensively that is. Defensively not so much. Then again, not the best opponents so far.

I wonder how it is to represent Gotland in TV-Pucken as a player. The goal prior to each game is probably to lose with less than 15 goals and maybe get a shot or two on target...

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
After some more games, some players that have stood out to me other than the obvious scoring leaders are:

- Elias Eriksson, Värmland (excellent hockey sense, offensive skills overall)
- Ville Nyberg, Blekinge (very smart, powerful!)
- Zeb Lindgren, Västerbotten (very skilled defenseman)

Cannot say I have seen a player being super dominant. My favourite one in the games I have watched is probably Melvin Novotny in Stockholm Nord. Extremely strong on the puck. Capable of slowing/speeding up the play. Great vision and passing.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
After some more games, some players that have stood out to me other than the obvious scoring leaders are:

- Elias Eriksson, Värmland (excellent hockey sense, offensive skills overall)
- Ville Nyberg, Blekinge (very smart, powerful!)
- Zeb Lindgren, Västerbotten (very skilled defenseman)

Cannot say I have seen a player being super dominant. My favourite one in the games I have watched is probably Melvin Novotny in Stockholm Nord. Extremely strong on the puck. Capable of slowing/speeding up the play. Great vision and passing.

Novotny caught my eye too. Keep an eye on Täby u16 this year. Viggo Björck and Marcus Nordmark , both 08, would be top players in TV- pucken this year.

Reactions: Preds666

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
The Östberg brothers in Gästrikland have been pretty fun to watch. Lot's of passing between the two while skating at walking speed. Very Sedin-esque, will be interesting to see how that translates to higher levels.

Frondell has been good. I like his offensive skill-set more than any other forward I've seen. Shown some really good hands and I love his goal scoring instincts. Shown some good playmaking too. Looks a bit heavy on his skates though. Hopefully he can improve his footspeed, the would make his transition to J20 and senior levels much easisier.

Filip Ekberg has been okay but I was hoping for more. His skating also needs some improvement. Good hands and one-on-one ability though.

Haven't seen a single really high end defenseman. That's a bit worrying.

Last edited:

tpahe

Apr 14, 2022
Predictions on quaterfinals?

Kvartsfinalerna i TV-pucken 2022

Fredag 4 november Winpos Arena

10.30 Gästrikland-Stockholm Syd
12.10 Småland-Norrbotten
14.40 Ångermanland-Göteborg
16.20 Stockholm Nord-Västerbotten

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Predictions on quaterfinals?

Kvartsfinalerna i TV-pucken 2022

Fredag 4 november Winpos Arena

10.30 Gästrikland-Stockholm Syd
12.10 Småland-Norrbotten
14.40 Ångermanland-Göteborg
16.20 Stockholm Nord-Västerbotten

- Stockholm Syd (although could be closer than expected)
- Småland (tight match-up, could end either way. Stronger high-end players in Norrbotten perhaps, greater depth in Småland)
- Ångermanland (not impressed by Göteborg. Ivar Stenberg is fun though)
- Stockholm Nord (easiest win)

Reactions: HknAndn and tpahe

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Entertaining games. Unlike recent years, there are finally defensemen that stand out… with Oliwer Sjöström being the most obvious one. Kid skates like no one else, plays the body, moves the puck with great authority etc. Someone to definitely monitor closely in the future.

Some strong goaltending too with Härenstam shining. If he plays the same way in the SF we could see an upset,,,

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Assuming you have followed the 07 group closely based on your posts. Which defensemen in the Stockholm area do you consider being the best? (and in case you saw him before he left, how do they measure up against Sascha Boumedienne, who played 16U AAA hockey as a double-underager this past season)
Is Sascha even available to play for team Sweden?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Is Sascha even available to play for team Sweden?
I believe Sascha played with Lidingö for a couple of seasons after he turned 10, so if he has dual citizenships he should be. If he's only a Swedish citizen then he's automatically eligible to play.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Tim Tuzin impressed me in the 1st period

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Great games by Norrbotten, and obviously Love. Syd should've played Frondell more, and used him on the right for his shot on the PP.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Some general thoughts
- Love Härenstam sure is a great goaltender. Maybe the best I've see in TV-Pucken
- Jakob Ihs Wozniak is highly skilled. Really high-end talent. Could work on his speed
- Oliver Sjöström is the best defenseman I've seen at TV-Puck level in quite some time
- Stockholm Nord have a dynamic duo in Melvin Novotny and Eric Nilson, but they weren't able to dominate the same way as in the group stage
- Milton Gästrin is the player that is easiest to see that he will translate to a very good pro player. Great speed, strength and overall skills
- Hugo Hallin, smallish defenseman in Ångermanland, was the most flashy D. Really creative
- Anton Frondell is scoring machine and overall most of his offensive skills seem elite
- Gästrikland's twins Theo and Hugo Östberg are loads of fun
- Lots of talk about the skilled 2007 forwards prior to the tournament. Defensemen and goalies stood out way more in the playoffs
- In general, TV-Pucken teams are focusing so much more on defense nowadays. Less entertaining and more senior hockey like

Will be so interesting to see how the national team will look come December.

Last edited:

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
I’m really intrigued by this age group. Probably the best since the 2002’s, if not better. If their development curves stays on track, this age group should be able to bring Sweden several medals in future championships.
I had the chance to watch some games this year and here are some thoughts:

- Love Härenstam is easily the best goaltender I’ve seen at this age. The development curve for goalies is very random, but for me he is an even bigger talent than Wallstedt. No flaws and extremely strong mental game.
- I saw in another thread that Jakob Ihs Wozniak had some mixed reviews before the TV-pucken tournament. But I assume most of the hesitations around his game disapperad with this tournament. Outside of speed he is a complete player, with his hockey sense being his most important asset. I’m sure he will be able to add another gear to his skating and he actually already had some separation speed when needed. He reminds me of Mats Sundin a lot.
- I liked Ivar Stenberg. He obviously suffered from being physically immature and hence both speed and strength was missing. But his hockey sense and creativity was impressive. If he growns to similar stature as Otto, he won’t be far behind as a player.
- Anton Frondell. Intriguing prospect. Just like Jakob Ihs Wozniak he processes the game ahead of others. Not a speedster but everything else in his game screams elite. I think his skillset would make him a very good center in the future. But as he is very creative, I’m sure at least the national team will put him on the wing.
- I was also impressed by Oliver Sjöström. Not sure he will be a high scoring defender with PP skills down the road though. Might be more of a Brodin, Lindholm type of defender going forward. Very good skater with excellent transition game but limited PP skills. But I need to see more of his game to stand behind this opinion.
- Agree about Milton Gästrin. Very powerful and all around impressive player.
- I liked Smålands defender Karl Annborn. Very mobile with good passing.
- I also liked Harry Styf. A no fuss kind of player not afraid of going straight to the net. Good shot as well.
- Didn’t get to see Stockholm Nord much. It would be fun to get more opinions on Eric Nilson and Melvin Novotny for instance.
- I didn’t get to see Filip Ekberg play. But given his production everywhere, without physical maturity, he must be a specal talent. I need to catch some games asap.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Some general thoughts
- Love Härenstam sure is a great goaltender. Maybe the best I've see in TV-Pucken
- Jakob Ihs Wozniak is highly skilled. Really high-end talent. Could work on his speed
- Oliver Sjöström is the best defenseman I've seen at TV-Puck level in quite some time
- Stockholm Nord have a dynamic duo in Melvin Novotny and Eric Nilson, but they weren't able to dominate the same way as in the group stage
- Milton Gästrin is the player that is easiest to see that he will translate to a very good pro player. Great speed, strength and overall skills
- Hugo Hallin, smallish defenseman in Ångermanland, was the most flashy D. Really creative
- Anton Frondell is scoring machine and overall most of his offensive skills seem elite
- Gästrikland's twins Theo and Hugo Östberg are loads of fun
- Lots of talk about the skilled 2007 forwards prior to the tournament. Defensemen and goalies stood out way more in the playoffs
- In general, TV-Pucken teams are focusing so much more on defense nowadays. Less entertaining and more senior hockey like

Will be so interesting to see how the national team will look come December.
Eric Nilson is the son of Marcus Nilson btw. Hopefully he has some of his fathers grit.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Wild shot:

Love Härenstam

Oliwer Sjöström - Hugo Wallin
Karl Arnborn - Neo Hirsch
Zeb Lindgren - Lucas Grahn
Ruben Westerling

Frondell - Ekberg - Ihs Wozniak
Novotny - Nilsson - Gästrin
Skarby - Östberg - Östberg
Stenberg - Styf - Drott

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Wild shot:

Love Härenstam

Oliwer Sjöström - Hugo Wallin
Karl Arnborn - Neo Hirsch
Zeb Lindgren - Lucas Grahn
Ruben Westerling

Frondell - Ekberg - Ihs Wozniak
Novotny - Nilsson - Gästrin
Skarby - Östberg - Östberg
Stenberg - Styf - Drott
I'm pretty sure they will bring more meat and potato kind of guys for the 4th line, even if this is U16. Unfortunately.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad