OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

Say Hey Kid

Baby, you can drive Makar
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I'm watching the original B&W Addams Family TV show. I'm also a fan of The Munsters, The Twilight Zone, and Alfred Hitchcock Presents.

Last edited:
Reactions: NickyFotiu

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Watched Lisa Frankenstein. I enjoyed it. It reminds me of Tim Burton stuff. Very heartfelt for a murder filled movie, haha. Robin Willams’ daughter made it.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Just binge watched the entire Monk series. I love detective shows and this one hit the spot. Reminded me of the classic BBC detective shows that I grew up watching at my grandparents’ houses. TV valium. The list of guest stars is pretty great too.

Reactions: leetch99 and Cmox

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
3 Body Problem and Shogun are two shows on my immediate list to watch after I finish Fargo. Just finished watching The Gentlemen and it was excellent!

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
3 Body Problem and Shogun are two shows on my immediate list to watch after I finish Fargo. Just finished watching The Gentlemen and it was excellent!
Shogun annoys me with the pervasive subtitles. I just finished up Tokyo Vice and feel like I’ve been in an immersive Japanese linguistics class..

• Haha
Reactions: kovazub94

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Just binge watched the entire Monk series. I love detective shows and this one hit the spot. Reminded me of the classic BBC detective shows that I grew up watching at my grandparents’ houses. TV valium. The list of guest stars is pretty great too.
I am addicted to detective shows, but I could not get through one episode of Monk.

Reactions: leetch99

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Shogun annoys me with the pervasive subtitles. I just finished up Tokyo Vice and feel like I’ve been in an immersive Japanese linguistics class..
It's in Japanese? I might have to settle for the Richard Chamberlain version again. I am really tired of subtitles right now.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
It's in Japanese? I might have to settle for the Richard Chamberlain version again. I am really tired of subtitles right now.
Its back and forth.
the non Japanese people are speaking Portuguese which is spoken as English.
Japanese people speak Japanese.
It’s really well done.

Reactions: Chytilmania

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Its back and forth.
the non Japanese people are speaking Portuguese which is spoken as English.
Japanese people speak Japanese.
It’s really well done.
I've read and heard good things -- the book was excellent and the original series was just as good......with that material, it would take a lot to screw it up.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I've read and heard good things -- the book was excellent and the original series was just as good......with that material, it would take a lot to screw it up.
Never read the book or remember seeing the original, I’ve watched 7 episodes and it’s fantastic.
Seriously it’s comparable to the best of game of thrones in terms of just political maneuvering.

Reactions: kovazub94

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Never read the book or remember seeing the original, I’ve watched 7 episodes and it’s fantastic.
Seriously it’s comparable to the best of game of thrones in terms of just political maneuvering.
As well it should be......the book was a masterpiece and the story itself was well crafted.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Saw Civil War this afternoon in Dolby, last 30 minutes could blow out your eardrums. Thought it was very good.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I watched
There's a Colin Farrell P.I. show called Sugar on Apple. Watch it.
I watched it last night ......I will watch one more show. Also watching a WW2 series on the Nazi persecution of the Jewish people in Poland starring Joey King . I think it is called , We Were the lucky Ones .

I watched
There's a Colin Farrell P.I. show called Sugar on Apple. Watch it.
I watched it last night ......I will watch one more show. Also watching a WW2 series on the Nazi persecution of the Jewish people in Poland starring Joey King . I think it is called , We Were the lucky Ones .

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad