Player Discussion Tuukka Rask - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Also goes to show how skewed the numbers are to modern goaltenders, which is why "all time save percentage" doesn't mean quite what people think it does.

I'd love to see those numbers weighted to their eras, the way Pedro's ERA in '99 and '00 are technically not the lowest ever, but are still the best ever.

Also goes to show what a monster Hasek was. I think there's an argument that he was 5th best player of all time.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Also goes to show what a monster Hasek was. I think there's an argument that he was 5th best player of all time.

God I f***ing hated him.

Which is why I've always been reluctant to admit how good he was. Not sure I'd go top 5, but at his best he might have been the best goalie ever. Definitely a legit argument.

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
He is on a hot streak and I'll give him that, but lets not forget he started 4-15-2 I believe. Still not ready to throw him or the team a parade yet as they really have not accomplished anything. That being said they are fun to watch and I admire this team as they don't give up and work there butts off!!

I want to see Rask push this through a full season, not just 15-20 games in the middle of the year.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
He is on a hot streak and I'll give him that, but lets not forget he started 4-15-2 I believe. Still not ready to throw him or the team a parade yet as they really have not accomplished anything. That being said they are fun to watch and I admire this team as they don't give up and work there butts off!!

I want to see Rask push this through a full season, not just 15-20 games in the middle of the year.

Exactly. The fact that he is only the NHL all-time leader in career save percentage, just above Hasek and Dryden, tells me that this 15-20 games of dominant play in the middle of the season could be a fluke. Really worried about him being 13-0-2 in his last 15 games because that's not very indicative of how the NHL all-time career save percentage goalie performs.

Reactions: BB88

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

Looks like others beat me to it, reminding young Ryan that Rask only has 8 losses on the season. It's always nice to let an agenda get in the way of a good point though.

Reactions: hrdpuk

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

4-15-2

Yah ok

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Exactly. The fact that he is only the NHL all-time leader in career save percentage, just above Hasek and Dryden, tells me that this 15-20 games of dominant play in the middle of the season could be a fluke. Really worried about him being 13-0-2 in his last 15 games because that's not very indicative of how the NHL all-time career save percentage goalie performs.

This fact keeps coming up but its really misleading.

The save percentage stat wasn't an official statistic in the NHL until 1983-84. So none of the old timers are considered. Hall, Plante, Sawchuk, Bower, Durnan, Brimsek, Dryden all probably had better save percentages. And because the 1980s and early 90s were so wide open, the save percentage's of the best goalies that played in that era are like the worst goalies today.

Consider, of the top 22 goalies listed in career save percentage, 19 are playing right now. The other three were Hasek , Tim Thomas and Tomas Vokoun.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
This fact keeps coming up but its really misleading.

The save percentage stat wasn't an official statistic in the NHL until 1983-84. So none of the old timers are considered. Hall, Plante, Sawchuk, Bower, Durnan, Brimsek, Dryden all probably had better save percentages. And because the 1980s and early 90s were so wide open, the save percentage's of the best goalies that played in that era are like the worst goalies today.

Consider, of the top 22 goalies listed in career save percentage, 19 are playing right now. The other three were Hasek , Tim Thomas and Tomas Vokoun.
Nonetheless, Rask is still number one, above all of the dozens of goalies who have played since the stat was made official. Dryden's pct. was below Tuukka's according to Quanthockey, btw.

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
Sorry type-0

4-8-2....not 4-15-2

My point was simple, Rask is playing well but before everyone here jumps on the HE'S THE BEST..lets at least finish the season see what happens.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
He could quietly push himself into Vezina consideration at this rate. Vas is starting to fall off and Crawford is out. A lot of people are going Bob again but it's a mess at the top otherwise.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Rask is one of the best goalies ever . Real numbers don't lie. My eyesight isn't so poor that I don't see it game after game.

Every professional athlete will have a slump or two ,no big deal ,it happens

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
He's 16-8-4 on the season (which means he started the season with a 3-8-2 record). Where on Earth are you getting your numbers? Drunk or using common core math?

I vote drunk, because I always vote for drunk!

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
So you mistakenly typed a '1', then a '5', instead of just an '8'?

[`][1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9]0[][-][=]

Yeah . . OK.

Umm yes that is what happened. As I stated It was a type-0. It can happen quite easily on a smart phone. Apologies it effected so many peoples day on this board.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Umm yes that is what happened. As I stated It was a type-0. It can happen quite easily on a smart phone. Apologies it effected so many peoples day on this board.
It happens..... I’ve been known to say I have a 15”............ er, .........foot.......

Joking here. Just having some fun.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad