News Article: Tuukka Rask’s time finally arrives .

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
“He’s definitely a competitor, so I think he’s wanted this for a long time,†winger Shawn Thornton, Rask’s Charlestown neighbor and frequent carpool buddy, said yesterday at the players’ informal skate at Boston University. “We’ve had confidence in him ever since he got here, so I’m excited to see what he’s going to do with it. I think he’s going to do big things, because he’s been waiting for it for a while.â€

The 25-year-old Rask, once considered by some the top goalie prospect in the world, came to the Bruins in June 2006 on one of the most productive weekends in recent club history. With interim general manager Jeff Gorton heading the draft table in Vancouver, the B’s not only swapped goalie Andrew Raycroft to Toronto for Rask, but they drafted Phil Kessel (later traded for picks that begat Tyler Seguin and Dougie Hamilton), Milan Lucic and Brad Marchand.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruins_nhl/boston_bruins/2013/01/tuukka_rask’s_time_finally_arrives

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
“He’s definitely a competitor, so I think he’s wanted this for a long time,†winger Shawn Thornton, Rask’s Charlestown neighbor and frequent carpool buddy, said yesterday at the players’ informal skate at Boston University. “We’ve had confidence in him ever since he got here, so I’m excited to see what he’s going to do with it. I think he’s going to do big things, because he’s been waiting for it for a while.â€

The 25-year-old Rask, once considered by some the top goalie prospect in the world, came to the Bruins in June 2006 on one of the most productive weekends in recent club history. With interim general manager Jeff Gorton heading the draft table in Vancouver, the B’s not only swapped goalie Andrew Raycroft to Toronto for Rask, but they drafted Phil Kessel (later traded for picks that begat Tyler Seguin and Dougie Hamilton), Milan Lucic and Brad Marchand.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruins_nhl/boston_bruins/2013/01/tuukka_rask’s_time_finally_arrives

uh oh.. i hope he doesn't get the "shawn thornton carpool buddy curse".

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

I always was disappointed PC gave Gorton the boot. That off-season was tremendous. I assume PC had a good deal of influence on that but still, he struck me as a quality hockey guy.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Shortened season will be good for Tuuk... Start 40 or so games and be fresh and ready for the play-offs...He won't tire out this year, that's for certain. Predicting Vezina finalist like stats for him...

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I have no doubt Tuukka can play at an elite level for us, my worry is whether or not he can do so without popping his groin again

I do think with consistent play though he's less likely to be injured from random pulls

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
I have no doubt Tuukka can play at an elite level for us, my worry is whether or not he can do so without popping his groin again

I do think with consistent play though he's less likely to be injured from random pulls

I am almost positive this post can be considered baiting. :D

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
All he did last year was post numbers similar to when he was among the best in the league two years ago. Too many people are iffy of him. He will be spectacular this year.

Dominated the lockout too in the Czech league

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Shortened season will be good for Tuuk... Start 40 or so games and be fresh and ready for the play-offs...He won't tire out this year, that's for certain. Predicting Vezina finalist like stats for him...

I'll take 40 games, but that will still require decent consistent backup. In an 82 game season 8 games can be glossed over, but in a 48 game run up I doubt CJ will risk frittering away a potential 16 points in our quest to 55. If Tuuk is required to play 45 or 46 games with inadequate rest then I don't like our chances in the playoffs where he will be the one and only guy.

8spokesontheB

Cry Havoc!
Dec 24, 2008
It´s a weird feeling. We´ve seen 2 Tuukkas; the heralded focused, quick, elite-level performances, but we´ve also seen the other side, the hot-headed, soft-goal, tired-out Tookie. He´s at the right age now, though, to really be something, so here´s hoping. He´s also my mom´s favourite player, on account of his name. She calls him ¨Tuukkarass¨.

2 uu´s, 2 k´s, 2 points, baby!

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
All he did last year was post numbers similar to when he was among the best in the league two years ago. Too many people are iffy of him. He will be spectacular this year.

Dominated the lockout too in the Czech league

Our last goalie had two Vezinas and a Conn Smythe...that's what he will be compared too. I think it's a legitimate doubt that he ever gets close to that. Bruins hockey now is how far do you go in the play-offs...not having a good year, or winning a round. The bar has been set.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
It´s a weird feeling. We´ve seen 2 Tuukkas; the heralded focused, quick, elite-level performances, but we´ve also seen the other side, the hot-headed, soft-goal, tired-out Tookie. He´s at the right age now, though, to really be something, so here´s hoping. He´s also my mom´s favourite player, on account of his name. She calls him ¨Tuukkarass¨.

2 uu´s, 2 k´s, 2 points, baby!

I think he's going to have a great year. Will be mentioned as a Vezina candidate IMO.. I also think he will do well in the play-offs.

rickizbruin

Feb 7, 2010
ONTARIO
Given time i think he could turn out to be a great goalie.. my concern is fans will want him to win the cup.. con smyth ..and vezina in the first 10 games he plays...
gotta give him time.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I guess we will see.

I think Tuukka will be good...but will he be great ?? ...time will tell.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Our last goalie had two Vezinas and a Conn Smythe...that's what he will be compared too. I think it's a legitimate doubt that he ever gets close to that. Bruins hockey now is how far do you go in the play-offs...not having a good year, or winning a round. The bar has been set.

our last goalie had two Vezinas and a Con Smythe and people were still iffy on him as well.

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
Tuuka has already proven too me that he is ready to be the starter. Can't wait too see what he can do with a starting job when he knows it's his.

The fact that he knows the job is his could be either good or bad. I think his attitude is in the right place to do well. Expect big things from him this year.

rudos1

Oct 22, 2009
I can't wait for him to get out there and start his own legacy out of the Thomas shadow. Go Rask!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad