Confirmed with Link: Turris to NSH for Girard, Kamenev, and a 2nd

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
I can't believe it. Finally real center depth. It's a dream come true. I'm not crying you're crying.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I'm old enough to remember when Nick Spaling was our top 6 center.

He's a top 6 forward!

Reactions: tulsytrid1

MusicCityPreds

Jul 27, 2015
Guys, this center depth. We've been begging for this for years. We can develop D; center..... not so much.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Wow. Girard and Kamenev. The top 3 centers though .... with Sissons, Freddie G, and Jarnkrok. Massive Center depth. This team is going deep in the playoffs barring injuries.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Treat Turris well you hear? He's a great guy in the community and is a hell of a hockey player.
He likes his gold necklaces, you could probably pay him that 6x6 contract in them and he'd be estatic about it.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Wow, another bond to the Preds/Senators alliance. What type of players does Turris play well with?
Turris didn't really have any line mates in Ottawa he really gelled with aside from Mark Stone (But everyone plays better with stone) he and Karlsson didn't have the greatest chemistry as both wanted to be the leaders of the offence so you never saw both on the ice together very much.
His most common linemates the past 2 seasons have been Ryan Dzingel and Zack Smith.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The part of me that has been freaking out over just how thin the prospect pool is here (even before this trade) is catatonic with horror right now.

The rest of me is thrilled to death, tho, so it more than balances out. :D

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Turris is money in the playoffs and a great guy in the community. Enjoy.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
The part of me that has been freaking out over just how thin the prospect pool is here (even before this trade) is catatonic with horror right now.

The rest of me is thrilled to death, tho, so it more than balances out. :D

Despite really liking Girard and Kamenev, I really think we got out of this relatively unscathed. Petterson and Edjsell have been good and we have Gaudreau and Sissons on the big club for center depth, but with Johansen and Turris we don't really need NHL ready top 6 center prospects now anyway.
Losing Girard sucks, especially since we're without Ellis, but we still have Fabbro and Allard, and we didn't give up our 1st in the deal.

Loving this move.

David Singleton

Jun 23, 2005
Dickson, TN
Still need to work on the 5/6 D man depth.
Salary cap space, or the lack thereof, will limit that. EDIT: After checking, they have more space than I thought. I still don't see another move coming unless Ellis has complications that prevent him from returning this year. But that would be at the trade deadline. Of course, injury can change that. /EDIT

The hope here is that the forwards can carry the play more now (and/or out-score the opponent) so that the 3rd pairing can be a bit more sheltered.

Given Subban's difficulties of late, it wouldn't shock me to see he and Ekholm re-paired to play a shutdown role. Let Josi carry Emelin/Irwin/Weber until Ellis returns.

Last edited:

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
We are really strong up the middle now. Johansen, Turris, Bonino, and Sissons. Plus Gaudreau ready to slot in for any injury.

I like it!

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Turris didn't really have any line mates in Ottawa he really gelled with aside from Mark Stone (But everyone plays better with stone) he and Karlsson didn't have the greatest chemistry as both wanted to be the leaders of the offence so you never saw both on the ice together very much.
His most common linemates the past 2 seasons have been Ryan Dzingel and Zack Smith.

Dzingle sounds like Fiala, Smith sounds like Hartnell!

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Wouldn't have been possible if the Preds kept Neal.....

Well that’s not exactly true assuming the following is true.

Preds have 4.7M in cap space
Preds keep Neal over Jarnkrok +3M
Preds keep Freddy and Aberg in the minors -1.3M
Preds trade Girard for Turris +2.72M

In other words, Preds drop to 8.745M in space and only add 8.5.

So we could’ve had:

Forsberg Joey Arvy
Hartnell Turris Neal
Fiala Bonino Smith
Salomaki Sissons Watson
McLeod

With 200K left in cap space. There are other ways we could’ve opened up some space too if necessary . It would’ve been possible.

Granted, in this scenario, in theory Neal is gone no matter what next season, unless you can move Smith, but damn look at that lineup.

Still very happy with that deal. Well done DP.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
If I was Laviolette it'd go something like this when everyone's hopefully healthy:

Hartnell-Johansen-Arvidsson
Forsberg-Turris-Fiala
Jarnkrok-Bonino-Smith
Watson-Sissons-Salomaki/Gaudreau

Josi-Ellis
Ekholm-Subban
Emelin-Weber/Irwin/Bitetto

We still have our 1st rounder for 2018, so possibly try to get one more top 6 winger at the deadline or a better 6th D.
Please lord dont put hartnell on the 1st line.
Jofa
Fiala turris smith
Hartnell bones jarny
4th line could be alot of combinations

Reactions: tulsytrid1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad