Turris Criticizes SM-liiga, Discusses Lockout

Kentti

Oct 5, 2012
FYI, Turris's former Finnish team Kärpät lost a home game today against HIFK 2 - 3.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
FYI, Turris's former Finnish team Kärpät lost a home game today against HIFK 2 - 3.

Which was reportedly due to their extreme state of depression following the comments of one Kyle Turris. When will the carnage caused by this young man's selfish attitude end!?!

Sanf

Sep 8, 2012
Witnessed all three lockouts and this isn´t the first whining about Finland. In 94 there was one player in my home town (then) who complained that the city was boring and there were no cable tv in hotels and he left bact to NA. So this gives me some flashbacks.

There has been more established players who has complained about Finland in earilier lockouts. Young guy gives some bit childish comments but regrets if he has offended someone. No harm done. What actually makes me sad/mad that they are actually talking about so unimportant thing in Finnish sports media.

source

Jul 13, 2008
I'm more surprised at how big of a deal some Sens fans make for such comments. He spoke his mind when asked a question. Just because he didn't answer it like you wanted it to makes it unacceptable?

You don't think his comments indicate he might have a **** attitude? I don't expect every player to be the class act that Alfie is, but Turris should either keep his yapper shut or check his attitude at the door.

I don't think this kind of thing is grounds for trading a player, but it looks like we just got a taste of the attitude that led to Turris' problems in Phoenix. Hopefully he is kept happy and is a productive player for us so the fans can be happy here in Ottawa. Otherwise we could have another Heatley-esque situation on our hands.

Last edited:

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
You don't think his comments indicate he might have a **** attitude? I don't expect every player to be the class act that Alfie is, but Turris should either keep his yapper shut or check his attitude at the door.

I don't think this kind of thing is grounds for trading a player, but it looks like we just got a taste of the attitude that led to Turris' problems in Phoenix. Hopefully he is kept happy and is a productive player for us so the fans can be happy here in Ottawa. Otherwise we could have another Heatley-esque situation on our hands.

Is this a serious post? lol You're reading way to much into nothing dude. It's not like he went out of his way to say it. He was asked, responded honestly, and then it caused a big deal. He sounded like he was sincerely sorry it caused such a commotion after too. Overreaction much lol

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
If anything Turris just needs to run his brain before he runs his mouth. Theirs a big difference between having an attitude problem and lacking a filter for your mouth.

source

Jul 13, 2008
Is this a serious post? lol You're reading way to much into nothing dude. It's not like he went out of his way to say it. He was asked, responded honestly, and then it caused a big deal. He sounded like he was sincerely sorry it caused such a commotion after too. Overreaction much lol

So because he could have come across as more of a ******, that makes what he said O.K.? You gotta be kidding me with that logic.

source

Jul 13, 2008
If anything Turris just needs to run his brain before he runs his mouth. Theirs a big difference between having an attitude problem and lacking a filter for your mouth.

It seems he has both problems.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
The people overreacting about the people overreacting to Turris' comments are worse than the originsl overreactors...

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

Not sure how his answer shows he has some sort of attitude problem though. He was asked a question and answered honestly. I don't understand the logic here. Like another poster already stated he did not go out of his way to belittle the city he was asked a question and he provided an answer. Just because its not the cliche answer that every damn player gives it seems its some sort of big deal.

This is why the NHL has the fans by the throat, NHL fans are a fickle bunch who LOVE to nit pick everything and make a big deal out of everything. See the Kane twitter picture as an example.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
Not sure how his answer shows he has some sort of attitude problem though. He was asked a question and answered honestly. I don't understand the logic here. Like another poster already stated he did not go out of his way to belittle the city he was asked a question and he provided an answer. Just because its not the cliche answer that every damn player gives it seems its some sort of big deal.

This is why the NHL has the fans by the throat, NHL fans are a fickle bunch who LOVE to nit pick everything and make a big deal out of everything. See the Kane twitter picture as an example.
This.

Done trying to explain it to trolls

source

Jul 13, 2008

So because his comments came in the context of answering a question, and they were "honest", that means they can't possibly indicate an attitude problem? Again, ya gotta be kidding me with that logic.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
So because his comments came in the context of answering a question, and they were "honest", that means they can't possibly indicate an attitude problem? Again, ya gotta be kidding me with that logic.

Where in his answer did he come off as having a **** attitude?

source

Jul 13, 2008
Where in his answer did he come off as having a **** attitude?

He came across as viewing the team in Oulu as beneath him.

Alfie is a class act who goes to CHEO visiting children who will be there over the holidays. Turris is a POS who disses the way of life for a team of hockey players in Finland who earn a salary primarily to support their families.

SensForLife11

Apr 28, 2010
Ottawa

Alfie is a class act who goes to CHEO visiting children who will be there over the holidays. Turris is a POS who disses the way of life for a team of hockey players in Finland who earn a salary primarily to support their families.

A-aliaGCEAIKqE1.jpg

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

Your post is much more indicative of a **** attitude than that of Turris'.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa

As opposed to majority of us that use our salary primarily to support our drug habits and the company of women who walk the streets. Seriously isn't this what everyone uses their money for? Have you seen Turris' financial records to assume that isn't what he would use his money for or what?

Turris said he does not like the lifestyle there. Why does that diminish the lives of the people that do enjoy it? I hate Indian food but that does not mean that I hate/find all of India to be beneath me.

SensForLife11

Apr 28, 2010
Ottawa
you're right Kyle Turris is a horrible person...

volunteering his time at CHEO:
1297354026795_ORIGINAL.jpg

voluteering his time with the Capital City Condors: http://capitalcitycondors.org/wp2/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Kyle-Turris-Christmas-Greeting.mp4

volunteering his time to help the Ottawa Humane Society: http://petswithpersonalities.com/buy/

volunteering his time with the Sens Foundation Bottle and Penny Drive:
296328_10151146215239371_1206142856_n.jpg

volunteering to participate in the Play On charity game:
tumblr_m5bppvelyt1qiw6fuo3_500.jpg

And give this a read: http://nicolekristen.tumblr.com/post/24481813334/meeting-kyle-turris

source

Jul 13, 2008

Guy goes over to Finland, signs a contract with a team so he can play hockey during the lockout, and takes the job of a bubble player. That's not so bad, but to quit the team and insult their ways, disregarding the fact that the players there aren't multi-millionnaires and actually need the $$ to support their families (including the guy Turris' spot replaced) - that is beyond low in my opinion. You can tell from the reaction of the team members that Turris' move (voicing an insulting opinion in a forum to which the public has access) was not appreciated. Their reaction does not surprise me.

If you disagree, that's fine, we (myself and the Finnish team included) probably just have different values to you.

source

Jul 13, 2008
As opposed to majority of us that use our salary primarily to support our drug habits and the company of women who walk the streets. Seriously isn't this what everyone uses their money for? Have you seen Turris' financial records to assume that isn't what he would use his money for or what?

Turris said he does not like the lifestyle there. Why does that diminish the lives of the people that do enjoy it? I hate Indian food but that does not mean that I hate/find all of India to be beneath me.

I should have the used the word "predominantly". Maybe I'm wrong in assuming that most/all of the members of that team have families, but basically they don't have that surplus cash which Turris has to enjoy a much more luxurious lifestyle.

But yeah, Turris is right. How dare the team Kyle Turris is on eat at ABC truckstops. How dare a city that Turris is living in not fulfill his entertainment needs. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad