Pre-Game Talk: Turn the Page: Oilers at Kings Game 3 April 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Do people actually think we will start and run with Pickard?

It’s Stu or bust guys, it’s not going to happen

Well if he keeps posting .857 any able bodied male would be an upgrade on him. I’m sure Pickard could put up at least .880

Reactions: elmeroil

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Do people actually think we will start and run with Pickard?

It’s Stu or bust guys, it’s not going to happen
Idk. Pickard had lots of starts for Knoblauch and looked good. I'm pretty sure he played more and more. Pickard had the better stats

I'd think the whole team remembers last year too. It seemed like one hindsight criticism is that Woody should not have stuck to Skinner so religiously. This post season is playing out eerily similar

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
I wouldn't be surprised if we went with Pickard this game.
There is no chance. Absolutely zero chance. Coaches don't think like HF, it is the echo chamber here that makes it seem possible.

Abandoning your number one after two games is an emotional reaction

You sit a goalie when the team is playing great and the goalie is hurting you. Skinner hurt us, but the team was nowhere close to great. The oilers spotted the kings 3 goals and then started skating, which is a much bigger issue than the weak goal in the third because the chances of winning that game were already low coming out of the first

I agree woody should have sat Skinner last year, it might have cost a cup, but we are nowhere close to that point this year

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
There is no chance. Absolutely zero chance. Coaches don't think like HF, it is the echo chamber here that makes it seem possible.

You sit a goalie when the team is playing great and the goalie is hurting you. Skinner hurt us, but the team was nowhere close to great. The oilers spotted the kings 3 goals and then started skating, which is a much bigger issue than the weak goal in the third because the chances of winning that game were already low coming out of the first

I agree woody should have sat Skinner last year, it might have cost a cup, but we are nowhere close to that point this year
The team scored 4 goals. How many more did they need?

Here’s a name, Koskinen.

That is all.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Panthers are playing the Lightning who are MUCH better than LA, and are up 3-0 in the series. Games like last night is why I think the Oilers aren't ready to be contenders, as much as they talk about it. Teams like Florida and Vegas show up and play the same way every game, with incredible attention to detail. LA had way too much room last night. This team needs to focus fast. Playing your best and losing is one thing, but being asleep for large portions of the game in the playoffs is unacceptable.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Skinner should get game 3. A poor game 3 performance though should mean a Pickard start in game 4. With the way last playoffs played out we don't have time let Skinner try to find his game when we know he couldn't find it last playoffs.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Not worried about Skinner (we’ll see after game 3, thats when you give Pickard a shot if necessary)

Kinda worried about Nurse

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Panthers are playing the Lightning who are MUCH better than LA, and are up 3-0 in the series. Games like last night is why I think the Oilers aren't ready to be contenders, as much as they talk about it. Teams like Florida and Vegas show up and play the same way every game, with incredible attention to detail. LA had way too much room last night. This team needs to focus fast. Playing your best and losing is one thing, but being asleep for large portions of the game in the playoffs is unacceptable.
The lightning aren’t any better than LA. They’d have been lucky to make the playoffs in the West.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I’d actually bring Brown back in, but the problem is you’d probably have to take Perry out and there is that FOMO of Perry doing something clutch.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Better how? They had less points and a worse goal differential in the regular season. I really don't understand how people still live this far in the past because Tampa won 2 cups 3 and 4 years ago. Their roster turnover has been massive. Their star players have aged. And there isn't a single statistic anywhere that supports them being a better team than LA.

You guys really need to stop living in the past. Tampa has been a bubble playoff team for 2 years straight.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
No Kissel curse tomorrow.

(apparently there is a petition about this)

At least as long as he doesn't sing it on the jumbotron or something.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Hey guys, Jets fan here. Wishing you all the best against the Kings. Will be in Edmonton on Sunday. Jets play at noon so I was wondering where would be the best place to go and watch the game. Somewhere with big TV’s that would show the game and have the volume on. Thanks in advance.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

I guess the question is do we wait until we are on the verge of elimination before trying something else? I don't think it is early in the series anymore. We had to have 7 goals in game 1 to have an even series, so we are lucky we aren't down 2-0. We also aren't a team like Tampa or Dallas who has a #1 goalie who is an established elite with the track record of stats. We are in the tier of goaltending like Vegas, Colorado or Toronto. Teams in this tier will play different goalies.

I do point to defense as an issue but not by a ton. I see supposedly great teams have quite a few slip ups too. It's hard not to put the blame on the goalie when all those fancy stats about quality chances, etc say that our skaters have done their part and tilted the ice quite a lot in the Oilers' favor.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
All stars established goalie had way shorter leash than Skinner does.

Stu or bust is a ridiculous statement, it's playoff time, you go with whatever working and fat stu is not.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Hey guys, Jets fan here. Wishing you all the best against the Kings. Will be in Edmonton on Sunday. Jets play at noon so I was wondering where would be the best place to go and watch the game. Somewhere with big TV’s that would show the game and have the volume on. Thanks in advance.

1st Rnd usually has the games on. If you’re downtown and want a drink or two I would suggest El Furniture Warehouse. Good luck against Colorado tomorrow! Most of us are rooting for the Jets :nod:

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Just go to The Ice House by Rogers. Not great food but usually decent drink specials and a bunch of TVs with the games on.

How is this zero chance when other teams do this at times?
Coach already said he likes stus ability to bounce back. Plus he had a decent game 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad