Tuomo Rutuu vs Milan Michalek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I would prefer Ruutu for his great defense, but Michalek is much more likely to become a star player.

X-SHARKIE

Oh man, two of my favroite prospects, tough call.
I'de take Ruutu though, Both players are both great two way players and they both hustle like he*l, but Ruutu just seems to play with more of a physical edge and I Like that, although Michalek has more skill. Very tough call, but i'll take Ruutu.

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Ruutu.

He's been gettin better every game since around game 20.

I expect him to finish with about 20-25 points.

He's already a very good passer. When the rest of his game comes around, watch out.

CFABoy

Mar 27, 2003
Richmond, BC
Visit site
Ruutu with his style of play may wear his body down as his career progresses...and so much of his play revolves around that. So I would go for Michalek now, but its close.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I would say it really depends on the need of that particular team. I think they are at the same overall level of quality.

One guy is much more aggresive and is an agitator with good playmaking ability, and the other guy is a more sound, defensive two-way player with better offensive upside.

It's a really close call. It would depend on the team's needs at that point.

Although I will say the kind of player that Ruutu is is more of a rarity. But it is too early in their careers to say anything.

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
What everyone overlooks in Ruutu is that he has a world class work ethic. He refuses to be average.

Next time you watch him- watch how many pucks he deflects around the net. Then go read at how he never did it in the finnish league at all, saying that it wasn't part of the game.

He practices after practice deflecting pucks- every day. Because he has seen how successful that is in the NHL. Other than Calder, there isn't anyone better on the team at it now.

This is what Ruutu brings to the table. And why he will just get better and better.

I'm also firmly in the camp that we won't see the real Ruutu until he gets an offseason to get into NHL condition. That is the biggest thing about his knee. It still hasn't been a year since he tore it up...

I haven't seen enough about Michalek to comment on who's better.. But I can tell you this: the people that are dogging Ruutu all the time, will eat their words. The kid is a winner- and plays hockey as it should be played. What will he top out as... nobody knows. If I had to guess he'll be a 55-70 pt guy who will be as physical as anyone on the ice.

-fullmetalninja

#37-#93-#27*

I'll say Ruutu.

Ruutu 50-60 points +++++ defense
Michalek 60-70 points +++ defense

VanCanuck

May 9, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Personally I think Michalek is far more valuable than Rutuu!
His skill is great, he is gifted with good puck handling, and can put the puck in the net...

X-SHARKIE

Backing up by boy Michalek here,

YOu said Ruutu has a great work ethic, well thats adzactly what Michalek has, he put on 15 pounds of muscle from the draft to training camp with hard gym time. Doug Wilson also said that " I've never seen anyone rehab this hard". Plus I think MIchalek may be even better defensivly then Ruutu.

But in a year or two Ruutu is going to be a b*tch to play against, and his kind of play is a rarity these days, I like Ruutu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad