Tucson Roadrunners

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
My brother moved to the Tucson area last year. Maybe I will go to a game if the Admirals play out there!

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
By the numbers.

This is the seventh pro team from Arizona to call themselves the Roadrunners.

This is the first Arizona based Roadrunners team not to be billed from Phoenix.

No AHL team has ever been called the Phoenix Roadrunners.

This is the third AHL team to carry the Roadrunners name after the Toronto and Edmonton Roadrunners.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
By the numbers.

This is the seventh pro team from Arizona to call themselves the Roadrunners.

This is the first Arizona based Roadrunners team not to be billed from Phoenix.

No AHL team has ever been called the Phoenix Roadrunners.

This is the third AHL team to carry the Roadrunners name after the Toronto and Edmonton Roadrunners.

Santa Fe and Topeka had teams called the Roadrunners too.

Arizona has an interesting history of minor league professional hockey.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The roadrunner in the logo is derived from the WHA roadrunner logo, but made "less edgy" than the IHL/ECHL update at the specific request of Arizona Coyotes majority owner Andrew Barroway.

For reference:

Original:
PHOROA1977SKED.jpg

IHL/ECHL:
180px-PHXRoadrunners.PNG

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Hmm. I swore the IHL team used the old standard Phoenix Roadrunners logo but with the red feathers. The ECHL team definitely used the crappy yellow beak one like above.

The other random thing I don't like about the ECHL and the new Tucson one is the proportions. The old logo had the sort of cartoon bird shaped body. The Tucson and ECHL logos look like human bodies with a Roadunner head. I like the Tucson version a lot better than the ECHL version though.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Hmm. I swore the IHL team used the old standard Phoenix Roadrunners logo but with the red feathers. The ECHL team definitely used the crappy yellow beak one like above.

The other random thing I don't like about the ECHL and the new Tucson one is the proportions. The old logo had the sort of cartoon bird shaped body. The Tucson and ECHL logos look like human bodies with a Roadunner head. I like the Tucson version a lot better than the ECHL version though.

This is the one.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/logos/logos.php?t=76&s=1996&sf=

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
WARNING! The following post is a fan project, not an official statement by the Coyotes or the Tucson Roadrunners. I don't want people thinking the City of Tucson was building a new arena when they are not.

I drew a fan arena seating chart for the Tucson Roadrunners. Basically it's similar to PPL Center in Allentown, PA, if the upper deck was extended all the way. But be warned: I don't draw well, and the picture is pretty crappy, and that's putting it kindly. Viewer discretion is advised.

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
WARNING! The following post is a fan project, not an official statement by the Coyotes or the Tucson Roadrunners. I don't want people thinking the City of Tucson was building a new arena when they are not.

I drew a fan arena seating chart for the Tucson Roadrunners. Basically it's similar to PPL Center in Allentown, PA, if the upper deck was extended all the way. But be warned: I don't draw well, and the picture is pretty crappy, and that's putting it kindly. Viewer discretion is advised.

You color good.

GindyDraws

Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Middle of August.

NO official website whatsoever!

There isn't a real way to get season tickets, and there's no information about the team that is available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad