Tucson Roadrunners Discussion - Western Conference Champions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Start of third today in Cleveland it’s 2-2. Strome with another goal (from Merkley). PC LaBrie with the other goal.

Monsters have had 5 PPs so far.... outshooting the Roadrunners 24-14

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I hope Dauphin heals quick and we can get him back down in a hurry. Also Raanta so we can get Hill back down. I hope Strome absolutely crushes it and we don’t send him back until after game 82.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Tucson swarmed the Stars net for the entire first period, their goalie stood on his head for the first three minutes just to keep it 1-0. Sislo got the first picking up where he left off in OT the night before.
Somehow our D didn't make it back onto the ice to start the 2nd, Miska faced several breakaways to start the period and we were down 2-1 on 4 shots against. Campbell was still practicing with the Coyotes, Capobianco is still on the shelf, and they played new guy Murphy with Hanley which is a scary game of who pinches first. Mermis - Wood and Mayo - Ekmann-Larsson were also supposedly playing last night, just no idea where they were in the 2nd.
Murphy set-up a nice goal in the 3rd off a point shot, be interesting to see how he develops defensively.

The story of the night was the hair guitar cam incident. Two contestants put on mullet wigs and rock out on inflatable guitars to the solo in Freebird, applause determines the winner. This is performed on a mezzanine above the ice on a riser with a back drop behind the contestants. At the end of the solo, one of the contestants fell backwards through the back drop and the video screen replayed his fall in slow-mo. As the game resumed, the promo staff disappeared behind the back drop and didn't come out for a concerning amount of time. EMTs were summoned and about 15 minutes later the contestant was rolled out on a stretcher behind my section. As I was watching them roll him out I saw Craig Cunningham at the top of our row watching the second person stretchered out of a RR game.
The injured contestant lost the hair guitar battle as well.

Last edited:

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
What's going on with Crouse?

He was producing points at a decent rate but he has been pointless for the last ten games.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
San Jose net-minder kicking out some juicy rebounds.

Still get the Gordie Howe even if you lose the fight?

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Anyone see what happened about 10 mins ago? Look like the puck went in and out but I guess it didn’t go in. No replay here in the arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad