Tucson Roadrunners Discussion - Western Conference Champions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Gulls visit Tucson tonight, hopefully Hamer gets the start again as they've feasted on Hill and Miska in the prior two regulation losses.
Tyanulin called up from Fort Wayne, Allen was released.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Probably a good thing. He wasn't playing. 2 AHL games and 2 ECHL games. That's not going to help him. He's better off as on over-ager in the OHL getting shifts.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Lane Pederson also seems to be doing well which is pretty great. He's a free asset and you need to recognize those kinds of talents in order to be competitive long term

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Lane Pederson also seems to be doing well which is pretty great. He's a free asset and you need to recognize those kinds of talents in order to be competitive long term

Personally hoping that between Bunting, Looke, and Pederson, that someone replaces Martinook. Terrible this year.

Reactions: Mosby

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Jesus, Strome just froze everybody on the ice on that PP and picked his corner.

Merkley from Strome on a jam play, 1-0 RR

Strome from Capobianco on the PP, 2-0 RR

Seems like the whole game has been played within 20' of the Gulls net

Ha, Crouse dared two Gulls to drop em on his last two shifts, both decided they'd rather not

Last edited:

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014

Ha, Crouse dared two Gulls to drop em on his last two shifts, both decided they'd rather not
I like dis

I really need to make it down to a game, the drive just makes it juuuuust annoying enough to make me hesitate

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

Hopefully the RR Twitter posts some highlights.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
White just charged Clendening

Merkley and Looke ran into eachother hard on the ensuing PP

Wood set-up all alone weak side by Latta, 3-0 RR

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Ho boy that top shelf snipe is exactly why you can't give Strome time and space to wind it up.

I'm becoming conflicted about whether to leave him in Tucson or not. I want him in a winning environment, he's clearly dominating in the A as the go to guy and he's having fun. On the other hand, he could potentially be making an impact for the Coyotes, but it's a bit of a shitshow up there right now.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Ho boy that top shelf snipe is exactly why you can't give Strome time and space to wind it up.

I'm becoming conflicted about whether to leave him in Tucson or not. I want him in a winning environment, he's clearly dominating in the A as the go to guy and he's having fun. On the other hand, he could potentially be making an impact for the Coyotes, but it's a bit of a ****show up there right now.

That Crouse - Strome - Merkley line is clicking so well I'd just leave them together in Tucson until we can bring the entire line up.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
That Crouse - Strome - Merkley line is clicking so well I'd just leave them together in Tucson until we can bring the entire line up.

Yeah I'd love to see that.

Perlini-Stepan-Keller
Domi-Dvorak-Duclair
Crouse-Strome-Merkley

Make everyone else fight for peasantry 4th line spots :laugh:

Reactions: RemoAZ

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Report on Merkley please.
Is he a product of Strome or he is as good as the points indicate? Is he just as ”spicy” in AHL as in WHL when had no fear?

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Report on Merkley please.
Is he a product of Strome or he is as good as the points indicate? Is he just as ”spicy” in AHL as in WHL when had no fear?
Both score points on the PP, so sadly the best we can prob hope for is for them to turn in to ECHL tweeners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad