Post-Game Talk: Tuba

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Only other thing I can think of is that they don't want Fox concentrating on playing defense on his whole shift which could happen if he's always out against the Crosbys of the world.
Which would be stupid TBH. Fox is one of the best defencemen in the league. Out of the young top defencemen, he's probably the best defensively. He's specifically to be used in a situation like this, to shutdown the opposition when they are killing us.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Which would be stupid TBH. Fox is one of the best defencemen in the league. Out of the young top defencemen, he's probably the best defensively. He's specifically to be used in a situation like this, to shutdown the opposition when they are killing us.
I don't disagree. Just trying to figure out Lav's thinking.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Most gutless performance we've put forth in some time.

I hate our captain, but I will never hate anything in hockey as much as I hate the Pittsburgh Penguins. I know all the cool kids hate the local rivals, but the Penguins have been gifted not one, not two, not three, but FOUR supreme generational talents in pairs resulting in 5 cups in the time I've watched hockey while I would give my left nut just to eke out a second one before I drop f***ing dead.

f*** them. I hope they lose all relevancy and only have medical compression sock companies sponsoring them until they relocate.
i stand united with you in undying hatred towards that franchise.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Bad game for Trouba, MIller and a few others. NYR are in the middle of one of their best regular seasons of all time but they are not dominant. They will not win every game. They have to be near their best to win in this age of parity. Throw this tape in the garbage. Be better for the next one. It is a long season and hopefully they still have around 25-35 more games to go.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
It’s brain dead coaching to treat Fox like he’s a typical offensive defenseman who needs to be sheltered from top competition. It cost us the game last night and will probably cost us games in the playoffs if Laviolette doesn’t change.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I acknowledge Trouba's suck, but people who aren't putting blame on KAM are out to lunch. Pair Trouba with Jones. Jones is at least decisive with the puck, can make an outlet pass or skate it out of the zone. that could shelter Trouba from what is clearly a weakness right now. KAM is a bigger, softer, less offensive Tom Poti. Dude is softer than baby food and will not ever take a hit to make a play. As soon as there is so much a breeze of pressure on him, he hot potatoes the puck away. And again last night he's skating the puck out and just quits on the play. Doesn't shoot it in, doesn't pass it, just kind does nothing and turns the puck over. Awful player.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Fox has had some defensive hiccups as well. If I'm Crosby I'd rather go against Fox for 2 reasons.

1. Crosby can physically grind Fox.
2. PTSD from Trouba putting Crosby out of the playoffs.

Trouba had a bad game. He hasn't looked 100% coming back yet. Fox did not look great when he first came back from his injury either. We need Fox, KAM, and Trouba to all be at the top of their games for us to have a chance in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad