TSN's picks to win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
dunno, they all say something to the effect of "canada's goaltending is unproven, or a question mark, but that's not a weakness!"

can't say i agree with that...having a question mark in net IS a weakness until proven otherwise. you look at the rest of canada's roster and then look in net... :dunno: it's the weak point on the team until the goalies prove otherwise

espo*

I'd go with what they say in the article.Canada's,U.S.A's and Russia's strentghs are as advertised and you can't count out those other teams. This is going to be a good tournament.

chicpea*

It's always about the apostrophic skills of its web editors.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
I think, at least, 9 out of every 10 years Canada is the favourite. Makes some pretty boring news, IMO.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
chicpea said:
It's always about the apostrophic skills of its web editors.

Exactly true, and TSN's must have had the afternoon off for shopping. Apostrophe be damned, it's almost Christmas. :D

chicpea*

Unlike yourself (and me for that matter), McKenzie's not a homer.

BobMckenzie

Jul 23, 2003
Douggy said:
its his job to promote the team, :

No, it's not. Of course the focal point for our broadcasts is Canada, but whether it's Gord, Pierre or myself, we call it as we see it. When we praise Canada, those who are looking for homerism will say they hear it, when we criticize Canada, the guys looking for homerism choose to ignore that. Whether Canada wins or loses, Gord and Pierre and myself don't lose any sleep one way or the other. It's called being a professional and what should separate us from the fans. But at the end of the day a lot of fans don't understand that or choose not to believe it. C'est la vie.

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
BobMckenzie said:
No, it's not. Of course the focal point for our broadcasts is Canada, but whether it's Gord, Pierre or myself, we call it as we see it. When we praise Canada, those who are looking for homerism will say they hear it, when we criticize Canada, the guys looking for homerism choose to ignore that. Whether Canada wins or loses, Gord and Pierre and myself don't lose any sleep one way or the other. It's called being a professional and what should separate us from the fans. But at the end of the day a lot of fans don't understand that or choose not to believe it. C'est la vie.
Well I understand that you're unbiased, all I'm saying is that your network is going to be covering all of Canada's games, not of the Czech Republic's games (for example).

I think that people here called you a homer because you mostly talk about Canada. Well why would you spend all of your time talking about any other team, when TSN (usually) carries only Canada's games?? (This year is different)

The network wants people to watch the games, So they need to get people to get pumped up about the team.

Most of my friends haven't heard of more than 3-4 players on this team. But by the end, everyone I know is totally on the band-wagon by the end of it.

I'm not trying to say that Bob isn't objective, because everyone knows he is. All I'm trying to say is that its his job to talk about the Canadian team.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Bob, if you're still there, why isn't TSN showing more games from this tournament? I'd love to see the U.S.-Russia game, for example. Hell, I'd love to see all the games and I don't think I'm alone in that. Especially since there's a lockout, why not?

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Macman said:
Bob, if you're still there, why isn't TSN showing more games from this tournament? I'd love to see the U.S.-Russia game, for example. Hell, I'd love to see all the games and I don't think I'm alone in that. Especially since there's a lockout, why not?
I was wondering that too. It's kind of disappointing that more games aren't going to be shown.

BobMckenzie

Jul 23, 2003
Macman said:

Here's the TSN broadcast schedule...as near as I can tell, we are doing the U.S.-Russia game, but on tape delay from the night of the 25th to the morning of the 26th. In addition to every Canada game, we are also doing a Czech-Swiss game, a Belarus-U.S. game, a U.S.-Czech game and both quarter finals, both semi finals, the bronze medal game and the gold medal game. That's a lot of days with two games. How hard do you guys want me, Gord and Pierre to work? :eek:

Monday, Dec. 20 Canada vs. Finland (Exhibition) 8:30pm et
Wednesday, Dec. 22 Canada vs. Switzerland (Exhibition) 8:30pm et
Friday, Dec. 24 Preview Show 11:30pm et
Saturday, Dec. 25 Canada vs. Slovakia 4pm et
Sunday, Dec. 26 Canada vs. Slovakia (encore) 8am et
Russia vs. U.S.A. 2pm et
Monday, Dec. 27 Canada vs. Sweden 4pm et
Tuesday, Dec. 28 Canada vs. Sweden (Encore) 3:30am et
Canada vs. Sweden (Encore) 1pm et
Canada vs. Germany 7:30pm et
Wednesday, Dec. 29 Canada vs. Germany (Encore) Midnight et
Czech Republic vs. Switzerland 4:30pm et
Belarus vs. U.S.A. 8:30pm et
Thursday, Dec. 30 Canada vs. Finland 4pm et
U.S.A. vs. Czech Republic 8:30pm et
Friday, Dec. 31 Canada vs. Finland (Encore) Midnight et
JANUARY
Saturday, Jan. 1 Quarterfinal Game 4:30pm et
Quarterfinal Game 8pm et
Sunday, Jan. 2 Quarterfinal Game (encore) 12:30am et
Semifinal Game 4pm et
Monday, Jan. 3 Semifinal Game (encore) 12:30am et
Semifinal Game #2 7 pm et
Tuesday, Jan. 4 Bronze Medal Game 4pm et
Gold Medal Game 7:30 pm et

Macman

May 15, 2004
Thanks Bob. That's great. I thought it was just going to be the Canadian games. Who needs time off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad