TSN's Craig Button's TOP 30 prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Oiler fan here. On our end we lost Riley Nash to the same loophole that they lost Schultz. Only difference was that we traded Nash before we lost him for nothing. I can't feel too bad for Anaheim, as they profited greatly on Pronger stabbing us in the back. But yeah, that loophole really should be taken care of.

So, Schultz (only 22 yrs young) became an Oiler on July 1st, 2012...because of some loophole... happy for your Oilers but this ''loophole'' business...still don't fully understand how Schultz became an Oiler but I won't push the topic anymore! :naughty: (bottom line...there's some glitch in the UFA system...and hopefully it gets fixed soon. Meanwhile...Oilers have Schultz! will be a VERY entertaining team to watch).

Pronger...apparently from this thread you guys got Eberle and Smid from of losing Pronger...not bad at all!! Anaheim...from what I understand just lost Schultz and got nothing in return? something obviously should be fixed with this glitch! good for Oilers but I'm sure we can all agree that this ''loophole'' glitch is a tad sketchy! Anyways...works out well since Oilers sure could use a dman like Schultz (so can our Habs!).

In a nutshell...it's like karma! Anaheim was the team that got Pronger out of Edmonton (UFA? or trade...I forget)... and Edmonton took Schultz away from Anaheim! (karma or...some loophole glitch of some sort!!).

Too lazy to look up the reason why, but it can't happen with Kristo and I'm 99% sure it can't happen with Bennett either. Their loopholes are closed.

Thanks for info. So, Anaheim just forgot to close their loophole?! (forgot or didn't properly protect Schultz,etc?). Anaheim must be asking Bettman for some kind of compensation for losing Schultz for nothing?! Imo, for our Habs...I thought we got lucky when we got a 2nd Rnd Pick as compensation for letting Fischer go (our former 1st Rnd pick)...NHL rules.

I'm happy our Kristo and Bennett are secured with our Habs (according to your info). Looking forward to seeing them in a Habs jersey within 2 seasons from now.

------------------------ -----------------------
My top 3 (if I can choose for our Habs):
1. Galchenyuk
2. Yakupov
3. Hamilton

And...I still think Dumba will be the better dman VS Rielly, Murray...we will know more in 2-3 years. Who knows...and maybe Dumba will end up better than Hamilton...one day. Again, only time will tell...

Last edited:

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Mr Hab,

Kristo and Schultz were drafted the same year and had the exact same path - Kristo played in the USHL/Schultz played in the BCHL in 2008-09 (they are basically equivalent) and both started their college careers in 2009-10. If Kristo wanted to be a UFA, last summer was his only chance as it can only be after 3 years of NCAA play (if you played in another league right after being drafted). It's complicated, but that's the situation.

Anaheim didn't forget anything, Schultz was holding all the cards and ****ed them over.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Mr Hab,

Kristo and Schultz were drafted the same year and had the exact same path - Kristo played in the USHL/Schultz played in the BCHL in 2008-09 (they are basically equivalent) and both started their college careers in 2009-10. If Kristo wanted to be a UFA, last summer was his only chance as it can only be after 3 years of NCAA play (if you played in another league right after being drafted). It's complicated, but that's the situation.

Anaheim didn't forget anything, Schultz was holding all the cards and ****ed them over.

Ah, thanks for helpful info...totally understand now.
So, Schultz held all the cards...and chose to go to Edmonton (good to know that there are UFA players that choose to go to Edmonton...'cause it doesn't always seem to be the case but Schultz is proving this theory wrong...good for Oilers).

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Terrible rankings, hilarious seeing some Leafs fans taking this as gospel though.

Definitely funny stuff.

The whole thing is funny, as far as that fan base is concerned. On draft day Gally was the concensus pick among Leafs fans, after he was off the board the fanbase was kind of split on whom to pick but very few actually had Rielly pegged.

He's a fantastic prospect, in the same league as our Gally ( IMO Gally is a better prospect today though) but the amount of homerism oozing from them since draft day is enough to drown a whale.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Whatever, didn't you guys get Jordan Eberle out of the Pronger trade?

Win for both teams. Anaheim won a cup with Pronger, but Eberle will heavily contribute to the coming Edmonton dynasty.

So, Schultz (only 22 yrs young) became an Oiler on July 1st, 2012...because of some loophole... happy for your Oilers but this ''loophole'' business...still don't fully understand how Schultz became an Oiler but I won't push the topic anymore! :naughty: (bottom line...there's some glitch in the UFA system...and hopefully it gets fixed soon. Meanwhile...Oilers have Schultz! will be a VERY entertaining team to watch).

Pronger...apparently from this thread you guys got Eberle and Smid from of losing Pronger...not bad at all!! Anaheim...from what I understand just lost Schultz and got nothing in return? something obviously should be fixed with this glitch! good for Oilers but I'm sure we can all agree that this ''loophole'' glitch is a tad sketchy! Anyways...works out well since Oilers sure could use a dman like Schultz (so can our Habs!).

In a nutshell...it's like karma! Anaheim was the team that got Pronger out of Edmonton (UFA? or trade...I forget)... and Edmonton took Schultz away from Anaheim! (karma or...some loophole glitch of some sort!!).

Thanks for info. So, Anaheim just forgot to close their loophole?! (forgot or didn't properly protect Schultz,etc?). Anaheim must be asking Bettman for some kind of compensation for losing Schultz for nothing?! Imo, for our Habs...I thought we got lucky when we got a 2nd Rnd Pick as compensation for letting Fischer go (our former 1st Rnd pick)...NHL rules.

I'm happy our Kristo and Bennett are secured with our Habs (according to your info). Looking forward to seeing them in a Habs jersey within 2 seasons from now.

------------------------ -----------------------
My top 3 (if I can choose for our Habs):
1. Galchenyuk
2. Yakupov
3. Hamilton

And...I still think Dumba will be the better dman VS Rielly, Murray...we will know more in 2-3 years. Who knows...and maybe Dumba will end up better than Hamilton...one day. Again, only time will tell...

Mr Hab,

Sure we got Eberle and Smid out of the deal, but at the time it was an incredibly giant blow. Let's not forget that at the time we just came off of one game away from being Stanley Cup Champions when Pronger started the mass exodus that resulted in the fantastic hockey Oiler fans have got to watch since '06. We got a young defensive defenseman and a 22nd overall pick that turned into Eberle. Meanwhile they got a franchise, hall of fame defenseman who clinched them the Cup. I know which one I would choose.

As for Schultz screwing the Ducks, I would say Ducks management should have dealt Schultz before it came to him being able to sign with us, like we did with Nash.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Craig Button stinks at player evaluation and his rankings once again prove this.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Definitely funny stuff.

The whole thing is funny, as far as that fan base is concerned. On draft day Gally was the concensus pick among Leafs fans, after he was off the board the fanbase was kind of split on whom to pick but very few actually had Rielly pegged.

He's a fantastic prospect, in the same league as our Gally ( IMO Gally is a better prospect today though) but the amount of homerism oozing from them since draft day is enough to drown a whale.

I looked at their draft thread and after we picked Gally it was nothing but them moaning and saying "I guess we'll get Forsberg or Grigorenko at least!" A few wanted Rielly, but ti was definitely a minority.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I don't get to see prospects such as Kotkaniemi, but I know better than to rely on the expert posters on this forum, who often turn out to have absurd predilections and prejudices, I forgive them because they aren't professional scouts. Thus far I haven't seen Suzuki or Poehling, so I have no idea of which them will bring more value when they get to the NHL level. Whom was I disappointed with in the past decade? McCarron comes to mind. I thought he would plaster Leafs against the boards for years to come. Oh well, he was a very late pick in the first round. So was Scherbak, who was picked slightly later than Pastrnak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad