TSN's coverage =lousy

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Okay, so yesterday after tape delaying the game but still updating it on the channel, today they spent almost zero time covering the time after Gold medal game. Shouldn't they have at least shown part of the medal ceremony? Its not quite as bad as not showing the Cup celebration after a Stanley Cup finals, but it still sucked.

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
TinCanCommunications said:
TSN's Coverage = Better Than Nothing

Exactly right. Why there's someone ragging on TSN all the time is beyond me. If they don't show it then we're just watching highlites.

May as well appreciate what you can get.

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
You want an explanation? Here are the two reasons:

1.) First, and most importantly, nobody really gives a rats *** about the World Hockey Championships in Canada (the Juniors mean much, much more). Especially with the Stanley Cup Playoffs going on...

2.) Canada was not in the final.

What do you really expect? Would any other network stick around for the medal ceremony of an unimportant event that their nation wasn't even involved in? Not likely.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
I was watching it on a German program and the comentator said how after the game and before the ceremony the whole transmission system from Riga failed and how nobody can see the ceremony.

If Peter bondra saw it in Slovakia I guess the comentator was wrong. What about other countries?

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
BigE said:
You want an explanation? Here are the two reasons:

1.) First, and most importantly, nobody really gives a rats *** about the World Hockey Championships in Canada (the Juniors mean much, much more). Especially with the Stanley Cup Playoffs going on...

2.) Canada was not in the final.

What do you really expect? Would any other network stick around for the medal ceremony of an unimportant event that their nation wasn't even involved in? Not likely.

They didn't show the ceremony for the Canada /Finland game either, which Canada was involved in, but lost. I guess I must be one of the few people on earth who likes players from several countries?

Oddly enough I have seen ceremonies almost every year for the WC and WJHC. Perhaps because Canada won a medal of some type in those? (though I am sure some did not involve Canada)

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
TORRUS said:
I was watching it on a German program and the comentator said how after the game and before the ceremony the whole transmission system from Riga failed and how nobody can see the ceremony.

If Peter bondra saw it in Slovakia I guess the comentator was wrong. What about other countries?
Well I didnt watch it whole but I saw the Czech players get silver medals and I saw the individual awards (I was switching channels so I didnt see everything).

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
Why the hate for TSN? They seem to be the only station who cares to even provide WCH coverage year in and year out. While the play offs are going on. Please stop the hate for TSN.

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
octopi said:
They didn't show the ceremony for the Canada /Finland game either, which Canada was involved in, but lost. I guess I must be one of the few people on earth who likes players from several countries?

Oddly enough I have seen ceremonies almost every year for the WC and WJHC. Perhaps because Canada won a medal of some type in those? (though I am sure some did not involve Canada)

As I said, the WHC is a rather unimportant event in Canada. Nobody really gives a flying **** because we've got the playoffs and it's a nothing tournament.

The World Cup and World Jrs. are much more important and thus receive greater coverage/attention.

Why else do you think Dave Randorf is calling the games? :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad