TSN: Rikard Gronborg a "candidate" for Sabres

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017
I read somewhere that Gronberg wouldn't play Dahlin in the Olympics because he didn't trust him, although he was the best defenseman on the team.

Not sure what their relationship is like, but I certainly wouldn't want a coach that doesn't trust Rasmus Dahlin given he's a Sabres cornerstone for the next 15 years.

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017
Oh I am not against him being coach. I actually posted in the sabres board i liked the idea. I just don't see this as a rumor. It just seems to be some guy saying he thinks Gron could be a good fit.
It's been reported by a few guys that his name was thrown into the conversation when McLellan chose Los Angeles.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I read somewhere that Gronberg wouldn't play Dahlin in the Olympics because he didn't trust him, although he was the best defenseman on the team.

Not sure what their relationship is like, but I certainly wouldn't want a coach that doesn't trust Rasmus Dahlin given he's a Sabres cornerstone for the next 15 years.
I read that Dahlin has a good opinion of Gronborg, although perhaps it's just ethics.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
It's been reported by a few guys that his name was thrown into the conversation when McLellan chose Los Angeles.

Well if those same sources are the ones saying McLellan chose LA over Buffalo when he wasn't even presented an offer by Buffalo then I dunno how much I trust them.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY

The Athletic has a profile of him where dahlin raves about him and his preparation, and he raves about dahlins work ethic and his preparation. They'd be just fine.

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
Grönborg is a nerd. Opposite to coaches that just yell "skate skate, hit hit". He breaks down games in molecules in a form that probably can be too much for some players. At same time, he is very pedagogic
and sees the human inside the hockey gear.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
Grönborg is a nerd. Opposite to coaches that just yell "skate skate, hit hit". He breaks down games in molecules in a form that probably can be too much for some players. At same time, he is very pedagogic
and sees the human inside the hockey gear.
You’be played for him?

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf

He was a teenager on a national team. Sometimes it's not smart to put them in a position of psychological pressure. Especially when a national team has it's own pecking order. For fans it might look different but I doubt that there is a problem.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

He was nearly a DECADE younger than the rest of the team. He was brought in when they would NEVER do that specifically because they believe he will be the face of Swedish international play for the next twenty years.

What a way to spin this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad