Speculation: TSN and Sportsnet are sellouts to the Nhl possibly.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Everyone saw the puck? Or the Holtby motion? The motion isn't conclusive evidence by the rules. I believe the puck was in the net... but I don't see anything, SHOWING the puck itself, in the net.

Can you please post a link to the outrage, by anyone in the Leafs organization, about this non-goal? I mean, they know the rules, and while this sucks, it's the way it is.
Yes they did show him dragging it out

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Guys, it's just bad luck. None of the available camera angles were able to show anything conclusive.

We all know the puck went in, but Holtby covered it up just well enough to get away with it.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Some type of chip, or technology that triggers a signal off, when the puck goes over a line. It shouldn't be hard at all.

Not even shitting you... I was thinking of adding that in but figured a bunch of people would say take off the tin foil hat. There's still purist and I get in sports you don't want to change too much sometimes.

Chip in the puck... and in the post/crossbar. If the puck goes fully across the line there is no way it can be called back. No human error. I'm usually more of a traditionalist on this but the refs are so f***ing inept maybe its time to look at some different ways to do things.

I know it may be an unpopular opinion but don't be surprised in the future if there is a lot more technology being used to decide plays in a game etc.

How they don't have a better camera to catch goals like that seems ridiculous.

Last edited:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Sorry to hurt your feelings but there is nothing that shows, conclusively, that the puck crossed the line before the whistle.

There is no video or picture that shows it. So what you posted and/or looked at was simply you hoping it was in.
GDT post#415 on PAGE #14 clearly show the puck going in off Holtby’s arse

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Yes they did show him dragging it out

Really... please show pictorial evidence, that clearly shows the PUCK over the line. This has to clearly show the PUCK itself, while over the line. The links to page 14, do not show a puck, at any point. Show the puck over the line... if there is nothing, the play cannot be overruled, and changed to a goal.

If the referees saw that motion, they have the discretion to call it a goal, but that is left to human error. Once they made that error, or didn't see it, we need video evidence, showing the PUCK over the line. An action that suggests he dragged it out, without showing the PUCK itself, while over the line, is not conclusive evidence by the NHL. We can disagree with that, but it is the rule. Maybe we can agree that sucks... but show my a PUCK over the line, at any point. Just the puck.

Reactions: Cams

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
R
Really... please show pictorial evidence, that clearly shows the PUCK over the line. This has to clearly show the PUCK itself, while over the line. The links to page 14, do not show a puck, at any point. Show the puck over the line... if there is nothing, the play cannot be overruled, and changed to a goal.

If the referees saw that motion, they have the discretion to call it a goal, but that is left to human error. Once they made that error, or didn't see it, we need video evidence, showing the PUCK over the line. An action that suggests he dragged it out, without showing the PUCK itself, while over the line, is not conclusive evidence by the NHL. We can disagree with that, but it is the rule. Maybe we can agree that sucks... but show my a PUCK over the line, at any point. Just the puck.
Read right the F*** above your post where i have posted where the video is. Thats about the 5th time in put it in here. If thats not enough. Well sorry I’m getting frustrated :)

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
This shows that it likely went it...

It NEEDS to show the puck itself, over the line, to over turn the on the ice call.
Wow ok whatever. It went in,he dragged it out ,the ref was hanging at the net. Inconclusive? Surely not

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
R

Read right the F*** above your post where i have posted where the video is. Thats about the 5th time in put it in here. If thats not enough. Well sorry I’m getting frustrated :)

I'm sorry you are frustrated. Perhaps it's in not understanding the rules.

This shows that it likely went it...

It NEEDS to show the puck itself, over the line, to over turn the on the ice call. They need pictorial evidence, of the puck having crossed the line. The puck itself... that doesn't show it.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Wow ok whatever. It went in,he dragged it out ,the ref was hanging at the net. Inconclusive? Surely not

I agree... looked in to me as well. But if the ref on the ice, called no goal.... even if we can all agree that's an error, it's not getting overturned, without video evidence, showing the puck over the line.... which doesn't exist.

Human error is regular in hockey... could be just didn't see that motion, or action from the angle they were at. It sucks, but this is the rules man.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
I find it curious that you are so sure yet post no video evidence.

Anyway, I'm done with you.
Bye.

And you wonder why fans of other teams call out Leafs fan on here....... every bad or missed call (and apparently interpretation of a replay rule) is a conspiracy (or a fix?). Not that HF Boards should be taken that seriously most of the time.

Reactions: IceNeophyte

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
And you wonder why fans of other teams call out Leafs fan on here....... every bad or missed call (and apparently interpretation of a replay rule) is a conspiracy (or a fix?). Not that HF Boards should be taken that seriously most of the time.
For the most part, all fans are the same.

We are to Leafs/Hockey what my in laws are to Alabama/College Football.

You'd think they were Leafs fans they way they talk about the fix being in and broadcasters openly cheering for the other team.

They'll have their idiosyncrasies but the biggest difference (by a country mile) in fan bases is size.
The bigger, the louder. And as the old saying goes, those who know the least, know it the loudest.

Reactions: Cams

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
For the most part, all fans are the same.

We are to Leafs/Hockey what my in laws are to Alabama/College Football.

You'd think they were Leafs fans they way they talk about the fix being in and broadcasters openly cheering for the other team.

They'll have their idiosyncrasies but the biggest difference (by a country mile) in fan bases is size.
The bigger, the louder. And as the old saying goes, those who know the least, know it the loudest.

Go Vols! ;)

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
When looking for the replay of the goal they stole from us,neither network touched it with a ten foot pole. It’s nowhere to be seen or mentioned on either network. The goal was clearly in and listed with video proof in post #415 page 14 of the GDT.

How can a network not have that video released to the public? Are they controlled by the Nhl to not release this. They are deciding what news to give us by looks of it. Scumbags corporations dictating what news we get is getting on my last nerve. I’ll check in the morning but doubt they will show we got ripped off a goal.

I will reserve judgement until then. Looks shady them not reporting the news

Sportsnet has purposely neglected to put up the video of 1 Holtby dragging the puck out with his foot 2 the angle they have live of it going in off Holtby’s butt. They are holding it back and have cut it out of the game highlights video also.

The GDT POST #415 PAGE#14. HAS Conclusive view of the goal going in. The ref watched Holtby kick it out also. Game fixing

I don’t know about all of that..

but on a related note, does anyone notice how they refuse to show scrums after the whistle anymore? Any time there’s a dust up they’ll zoom in on a random player/coach on the bench, or scramble to jam an instant replay in your face in order to not show the scrum. Absolutely irritating as a fan.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I don’t know about all of that..

but on a related note, does anyone notice how they refuse to show scrums after the whistle anymore? Any time there’s a dust up they’ll zoom in on a random player/coach on the bench, or scramble to jam an instant replay in your face in order to not show the scrum. Absolutely irritating as a fan.
They are terrible broadcasters of the game yes. They have ruined the experience since taking it on. Just terrible. This is what they have been doing is showing you what they choose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad