Trying to Crowd Source A Trade In A Big Money league

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Alright guys, I require assistance.

I have Cutter Gauthier in a fantasy league and I'm moving him. The offers are outrageous, but I want him gone and can't decide. Can you guys tell me which offers you think are best? Maybe top 2 and I'll trade to one of them? I wanted to crowd source the trade just to liven it up a smidge

1 - Gulyayev, Josh Roy, Oscar Fisker Molgaard
2 - Shakir Mukhamadullin, Philip Mesar, Protected 2024 first
3 - Dimitri Simashev, Jagger Firkus, 2024 Second
4 - Two 2025 Firsts, Brad Lambert, 2024 Second
5 - Top 15 pick this year, top 15 pick next year, additional prospect
6 - Chinakhov, Frank Nazar, 2025 2nd

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
When a deal isn’t one-for-one, there are so many factors unique to your league that you can’t possibly expect people outside the league to have educated evaluation.

In this case,

a) how good of a player is generally available in the draft (is it just players from that year’s nhl draft or is there some degree of player redispersal? How many players deep is each round of your draft?

b) when you’re replacing one player with two (or three!), what impacts does that have on who you have to (immediately or eventually) cut to accommodate the extra body? Do you have unlimited roster size, or does replacing one player with two mean there’s someone you have to cut, either now or at draft time? And if so, how good is the player this makes you jettison? What is the ‘replacement level’ in your league?

c) scoring categories? Just points or something more elaborate giving value to things like PIM or +/- ?

Even if all of that is known there is the team specific question of ‘what is your planned window to be most competitive’. The value of a 2025 pick vs a young producing nhler like Chinakhov also entails the question ‘do you prioritize wanting to be better this year? Or are you in a rebuild and your main focus is peaking in 2028 or later?’

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
When a deal isn’t one-for-one, there are so many factors unique to your league that you can’t possibly expect people outside the league to have educated evaluation.

In this case,

a) how good of a player is generally available in the draft (is it just players from that year’s nhl draft or is there some degree of player redispersal? How many players deep is each round of your draft?

b) when you’re replacing one player with two (or three!), what impacts does that have on who you have to (immediately or eventually) cut to accommodate the extra body? Do you have unlimited roster size, or does replacing one player with two mean there’s someone you have to cut, either now or at draft time? And if so, how good is the player this makes you jettison? What is the ‘replacement level’ in your league?

c) scoring categories? Just points or something more elaborate giving value to things like PIM or +/- ?

Even if all of that is known there is the team specific question of ‘what is your planned window to be most competitive’. The value of a 2025 pick vs a young producing nhler like Chinakhov also entails the question ‘do you prioritize wanting to be better this year? Or are you in a rebuild and your main focus is peaking in 2028 or later?’
My team is pretty stacked as is: Stutzle, Tage, Förster, Reichel, Norris, Zegras, Greig, Seider, Sanheim, Heiskanen, York, Frost, Hintz, Peterka, Slafkovsky, Rossi, Faber, Pospisil, Bear, Eklund, Jiricek and Korchinski

I also have Reinbacher, Cutter, Wright, Konyushkov, Honzek, Lutz, Bonk, Bains, Forsmark in my prospect pool.

So this is more about getting players to fill my prospect pool

These are the final 3 trade options:

-Simashev, Firkus, 2024 2nd, 2024 3rd, 2025 1st, 2025 2nd, 2025 4th, 2025 6th

-Muk, Mesar, 2025 first, 2024 second

-2024 First, 2024 Second, 2025 first, 2025 second

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
5 looks the best, but is it fair to assume it's going to be a pick between 10 and 15 or will it be higher? If it's going to be higher with like 20-40% chance then I think it's by far the best.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I ended up having a bunch of my hockey teammates in our men's league vote on the trade, I got: Muk, Mesar, Lilleberg, 2025 First, 2024 Second, 2024 Third.

I'm ok with it. Plus, with my prospect pool and average age being 23. I could afford to wait a little bit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad