Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Well, the Caps did NOT pull up their socks and Fight Like a Brave... this was all my fault.

eMJyner28uIG5NIPrV3caFaQ_pDsHRr1bjkIbgy-a-kGhKzs1EaEuE5FyiqAGNV3vlGZgm0KTHtFtd_LdmBBmY8aUTzRaCGzN7RLEyuNNl1wvCd1uxNMaW9K5JgiJM5ZEA

Mods, please don't ban me for this... its art :)

illpucks

May 26, 2011
We really don't... it has held virtually no advantage for us for a decade.

Well not Presidents, but get 1st in division and hope the Isles can knock out the Pens. Otherwise its face Pens in round 2 again, and no one wants that.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
With this team only allowing 2 goals against should be a win on most nights with the offense they have. The top 6 need to dig deeper to score goals.

The difference in this game was the Coyotes scored a PP goal and the Caps didn't.

I didn't watch as I had expected the Caps to lose like they did. They seemed to revert back to old bad habits. Just because you beat the Avs doesn't mean you are going to easily beat the Coyotes. They didn't work hard enough and lost again.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Well not Presidents, but get 1st in division and hope the Isles can knock out the Pens. Otherwise its face Pens in round 2 again, and no one wants that.

I would love to play the Pens in round 2. One, because it means we won round 1, and two, because it would give us the same confidence boost that carried us to a Cup if we can win it. Pens don't scare me anymore.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Too many passengers. Bottom-6 plus Oshie can’t be the only ones giving full effort.
This. The bottom 6, Oshie, and Wilson are the only forwards that can be counted on to give a full effort every night lately. Wilson and Oshie’s effort is also easily wasted by their two line mates lack thereof. Ovechkin throws the puck around like it’s a grenade and Backstrom hasn’t been nearly as crisp with it as he usually is. Kuznetsov and Vrana are either flying around and look like world beaters or have no interest in working hard to get the puck or keep possession. Doesn’t matter what happens at the TDL, these guys need to be the best players and put in a more consistent effort if this team wants to go anywhere.

Reactions: tenken00

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Djoos was AHL player of the week last week too..,
Wouldn't his $1.2 million cap hit be an issue? Maybe they pushed Siegs too fast and he's better off in Hershey? Siegs is still on his ELC, so they could send him to Hershey and not lose him to waivers. If it's possible to send Siegs back to Hershey and bring up Djoos, then the Caps balance back to 3 RD and 3 LD.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Boo we lost, but holtby was good, ovie hit a post, and raanta was just crazy good. Lots of chances on the pp. I’m the only thing I saw that I really want cleaned up is the d turnovers in our zone. The playbook is out, pressure our d.

also not sure how kuzy is getting ripped in a game he didn’t play in.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
This. The bottom 6, Oshie, and Wilson are the only forwards that can be counted on to give a full effort every night lately. Wilson and Oshie’s effort is also easily wasted by their two line mates lack thereof. Ovechkin throws the puck around like it’s a grenade and Backstrom hasn’t been nearly as crisp with it as he usually is. Kuznetsov and Vrana are either flying around and look like world beaters or have no interest in working hard to get the puck or keep possession. Doesn’t matter what happens at the TDL, these guys need to be the best players and put in a more consistent effort if this team wants to go anywhere.
Better coaching would get those top 6 forwards working hard together. I'm talking about the Assistant Coach assigned to the forwards group, which would be Arniel.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I would love to play the Pens in round 2. One, because it means we won round 1, and two, because it would give us the same confidence boost that carried us to a Cup if we can win it. Pens don't scare me anymore.
They don't scare me either but they are still capable of beating us. The Caps coaching staff actually scares me the most. Since they been hired, the coaches have yet to fully get the best out of the roster.

Reactions: SpinningEdge

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Went to bed after the first period thinking they were unlucky not to be up by at least 1 goal if not 2 or 3 as Raanta was brilliant and I figured I'd wake up to Raanta stealing the game. That seems to be the case.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Djoos was AHL player of the week last week too..,

Its just a guess, but I think the Caps know what they have with Djoos. They gave Fehervary a couple games to see where he is but they know with Djoos. I think he is called up at the end of the season or after the trade deadline if they have cap space for it.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I was at the Bears game last night, tough loss but the Bears played half the friggin' game shorthanded.

Anyway, the Caps have some damn fine future dmen in Djoos, who looked really good, Nardella and Fehrevary (Alexeyev didn't play). Whether as trade chips or as the future I feel really good about the backend for the Capitals going forward.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Boo we lost, but holtby was good, ovie hit a post, and raanta was just crazy good. Lots of chances on the pp. I’m the only thing I saw that I really want cleaned up is the d turnovers in our zone. The playbook is out, pressure our d.

also not sure how kuzy is getting ripped in a game he didn’t play in.

He's the red-headed step child of the Capitals.
Some idiots on RMNB are talking about trade Kuzy while some team is willing to take on his "crazy" contract....after a game in which he didn't even play. They actually think Kuzys grow on trees. :speechles

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
He's the red-headed step child of the Capitals.
Some idiots on RMNB are talking about trade Kuzy while some team is willing to take on his "crazy" contract....after a game in which he didn't even play. They actually think Kuzys grow on trees. :speechles
He is one of the most skilled players in the league but is one of the worst players in the league without the puck. I’m not advocating trading him, just saying he does have some pretty big issues in his game that can easily turn him into a whipping boy when the team isn’t going well.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Man that game was just anti-entertainment.

Holts played well. Orlov didn’t, and it’s a testament to how important he’s become that it matters so much. But Nicky. Sigh. As Troyer noted, he was good on the 6x5, but otherwise it was more of what we’ve seen from him most of the year. His passes in transition aren’t sharp, he’s fumbling the puck more than I’ve ever seen, his board work (which has always been better than expected) hasn’t been good, and he’s just making bad decisions with the puck. He’s my favorite player on the team, but he just hasn’t looked like himself very much this year. The good news is we know he can play better

Reactions: max21

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Man that game was just anti-entertainment.

Holts played well. Orlov didn’t, and it’s a testament to how important he’s become that it matters so much. But Nicky. Sigh. As Troyer noted, he was good on the 6x5, but otherwise it was more of what we’ve seen from him most of the year. His passes in transition aren’t sharp, he’s fumbling the puck more than I’ve ever seen, his board work (which has always been better than expected) hasn’t been good, and he’s just making bad decisions with the puck. He’s my favorite player on the team, but he just hasn’t looked like himself very much this year. The good news is we know he can play better

Let me just take a moment to enjoy this...
anigif_sub-buzz-23353-1557319617-1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad