Player Discussion: Trouba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
f*** Trouba, he's a little out of touch, entitled baby who thinks the market was what was keeping him from being a star. Maybe look in the mirror you f***ing carrot stick you have no personality, you're dumber than a bag of rocks, and you've alienated your fans at every opportunity ("but what about my sleazy f***in' fan-engagement app?"). Here's hoping his toxic, whiny personality was just the poison that was permeating the Jets room and that his curse has been lifted, transforming the Jets like Theodin in Return of the King, but also his trashy stink will hover over midtown like a cloud of the boring walking thumb he is, not to mention every other locker room whose door he darkens.

Ball sack could play, though.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
I hope New York gives him a ridiculous extension and number 8 toils in mediocrity. F****** d***** canoe.

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Trouba was a good solid defenseman, but I just didn't like his attitude, and constant whining. First he asked to be traded, then he complained about playing left side defense, and he always wanted more than what he was worth, and continually went to arbitration.

Thank God - "he's gone" and I would have drove him to the airport, and even pretended I liked him, and made sure he got on the plane.

The St. Louis Blues won the Cup this year, and with no big Superstars like McDavid,Kane and Crosby, or maybe a couple of others. They won because they play hard as a team - "very blue collar like effort." They really exemplify a true team effort. I also think the Jet's still have way more natural talent than the Blues.

When you have guys like Trouba, it becomes a "huge distraction" and it just doesn't set the stage for team unity, and that's how you win, just like the Blue's did.

I'm not sorry to see Trouba go --I'm very happy :) and I also think the Jet's will have a better season this upcoming year without him.

Let the Ranger's babysit him, and New York likes to overpay for players -- good riddens to Trouba--see ya - :handclap:

Last edited:

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
E.Kane just passed the boo baton to Trouba.
giphy.gif

He deserves a boo every time he touches the puck in BMTSC from now on and until the day he retires.

Reactions: Guffman and GNP

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I think it’s clear he f***ed us over. HARD. Even our terrible return for him can probably be attributed to him not wanting to play ball with any team. I hope he faces boos whenever he returns to Winnipeg for the rest of his career.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I know the return isn't his fault but I have more bitterness towards him then I do/did towards Kane. Atleast Kane got us a good haul with multiple nice pieces. I hate the emotional rollercoaster he put us through every time there was time for contract renegotiation. Kane for all his faults signed a deal that made him tradeable and kept all the trade stuff private and in the background so we as fans didn't have to think or worry about it on a day to day basis.

I wish his ELC had come up 1 season earlier when Hamilton was being traded, we could have moved him to Boston for Hamilton and Boston would have loved it as they were after him a year later when he held out.

I wish we had drafted Forsberg instead of him like so many of us wanted.

Congrats Kane, you probably won't get the loudest boos at MTS Center anymore.

Reactions: snowkiddin

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
He deserves a boo every time he touches the puck in BMTSC from now on and until the day he retires.
I just came on this thread to suggest that. He not only held out, because he wanted to play RD, and demanded a trade, eventually breaking apart our d, played crappy enough without Myers that we missed the playoffs, then he forced the Jets to trade him, and chose his destination. He cost us game 5 against the Stanley Cup champs. He will get no love from this guy.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I wish we had drafted Forsberg instead of him like so many of us wanted.

Forsberg might have wanted out of Winnipeg as well for whatever reason. You just can't predict the future. It might have turned out worse. Of course I don't know it either but those hypothetical guessing games are just that... hypothetical guessing games.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
It's a business not a sport. The Jets knew what he wanted and that was out. The Jets had been playing him hard. If he had been on the #1 PP the last 2-3 years he'd be in the 10M number.

A bigger problem for smaller or Canadian markets is the complete league movement to sign young good players coming out of their 1st contract to big contracts. They are now signing until their a UFA so they can bend their current team over or go where they like. The game has become more about selfishness and putting points up and padding their stats so they can get the BIG DEAL! Winning the Cup is secondary to self fulfilment, which you can't blame them. It's not just about Winnipeg. I predict Mathews in TO will leave for Phoenix the first chance he has. If this trend continues the fan footing the bill will grow tired of being a farm system to the warm weather teams or the shining lights of the big city.

Lastly if you're not kissing this young stars butt and handing him the keys to the city he'll just go to the Sharks and play Pebble Beach in the morning and look for the points at night. Even if you do all that the CBA determines what they can and can not do. That spells trouble for us, long term.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Well, he played his best for the Jets and was clear he wanted out for years. No reason to believe he was an issue off ice.

Seems he did everything right for a guy who really wanted to play in the states.

I'll boo KO maybe.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
It's a business not a sport. The Jets knew what he wanted and that was out. The Jets had been playing him hard. If he had been on the #1 PP the last 2-3 years he'd be in the 10M number.

A bigger problem for smaller or Canadian markets is the complete league movement to sign young good players coming out of their 1st contract to big contracts. They are now signing until their a UFA so they can bend their current team over or go where they like. The game has become more about selfishness and putting points up and padding their stats so they can get the BIG DEAL! Winning the Cup is secondary to self fulfilment, which you can't blame them. It's not just about Winnipeg. I predict Mathews in TO will leave for Phoenix the first chance he has. If this trend continues the fan footing the bill will grow tired of being a farm system to the warm weather teams or the shining lights of the big city.

Lastly if you're not kissing this young stars butt and handing him the keys to the city he'll just go to the Sharks and play Pebble Beach in the morning and look for the points at night. Even if you do all that the CBA determines what they can and can not do. That spells trouble for us, long term.
Business is for the players and sports for fans.
Don’t expect fans to be calculating, we live here and although it’s his right to go fans feel rejected.
Hope he does well.

Reactions: kanadalainen

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He used the rules that were given to him to get to the UFA market. He played well for us and gave us 6 good to great years of hockey. In the end that is all he owed us. I'm dissapointed in the haul but won't boo the player for prioritizing things the way he did.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I think the Jets management failed to prioritize Trouba, for one reason or another, and it lead to an early divorce. Trouba was one of the least expendable players on the roster given the lack of D depth and his and Byfugliens age, and Trouba used that as leverage and I can’t blame him.

He had every right to be pissed about being stuck playing with Stuart or playing his wrong side. Maybe I’m naive in thinking it could have worked out under different circumstances, but I don’t begrudge him.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
He used the rules that were given to him to get to the UFA market. He played well for us and gave us 6 good to great years of hockey. In the end that is all he owed us. I'm dissapointed in the haul but won't boo the player for prioritizing things the way he did.

Totally agree. While not being wildly thrilled with the return I'm also not as disappointed as some......Repeatedly stated his value starts at TDL return is my basic expectation and could go higher. Well we got around that TDL value.......but at much better time when we were desperate for cap, this trade helped that. So I won't judge this one trade in a bubble, B/c it was a necessary step to create other movements/signings. I'm going to judge this summer and all our moves as a whole. When the summer is over I'll evaluate all Chevy trades/moves as a whole which is a more accurate way to judge them. IMO

Reactions: ps241 and Guffman

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Totally agree. While not being wildly thrilled with the return I'm also not as disappointed as some......Repeatedly stated his value starts at TDL return is my basic expectation and could go higher. Well we got around that TDL value.......but at much better time when we were desperate for cap, this trade helped that. So I won't judge this one trade in a bubble, B/c it was a necessary step to create other movements/signings. I'm going to judge this summer and all our moves as a whole. When the summer is over I'll evaluate all Chevy trades/moves as a whole which is a more accurate way to judge them. IMO

It's the only logical and sain way to approach it.

Reactions: ps241 and Hunter368

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
It's the only logical and sain way to approach it.

Logically speaking Chevy best move was to trade him, to open up cap for other signings......now let's see how he uses that cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad