Trouba Requests Trade - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Continued from: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2130063

Some previous posts:

I give up on Trouba. Guy's on a future playoff team, they're right around the corner and he wants to leave.

Sign a contract. Play a season and see what happens. Then talk about it with the management. Holding out is childish. It's like sitting with your arms crossed and not listening because you won't get what you want.

Apparently he's good friends with Copp and Scheif.

Dekeyser + Tatar would work.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Then we could get rid of Stafford.

Didn't mention but Streit is also a lefty. I think Philly should be bumped to 'preferred'. Radko Gudas is the only natural RD they have. Among their D prospects we get down to at least #5 before we find a right shot.

The only impediment from the Philly side should be their cap situation. We could (should!) take Streit off their hands. He could play 2nd pair until Morrissey is ready to move up. He is a lot better than any of our depth LD. His contract is 5.25 mil for only 1 more year. His actual salary is 4 mil. We could probably get something good for him at the TD. That is assuming that last year was not his 'last' year. In that case he is just a cap dump that we eat.

The only impediment from Chevy's POV would be having to take a prospect instead of a plug and play replacement for Trouba. I don't think we would have any chance of landing Provorov but Sanheim is a very strong, near ready prospect. With us taking a cap dump philly would need to add something to Sanheim to make up the value. Strit covers the hole for this year. Sanheim is (hopefully) ready next year and we are stronger, longer with this deal.

I may be wearing the rose coloured glasses but it looks like a near perfect fit to me. Mind you I have seen near perfect fits before. :laugh:

Philly fans refuse to acknowledge it (at least the ones I have seen) but they are absolutely desperate for a top 4 (2) RHD. Trouba and Philly should love each other. JMO :)

One thing we haven't talked about is trading Trouba for a guy like Johansen or Ducheme or something and then deal from our forward depth for the D we are looking for.

I'd imagine the starting point on ANY trade with them is Dekeyser. They would still have to add big time though.

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Originally Posted by TS Quint
Franzen and Vitale (5.07m) go to LTIR. Nyquist (4.75m) would be in the package.

Thank you. Missed the red cross symbol on Franzen. Didn't know about Vitale. Franzen alone nearly covers their overage though. So any return need only bring back enough to pay Trouba. More or less.

That makes Detroit a lot more interesting a possibility but only once Chevy decides he is willing to be more flexible.

Unholy goalie

Jul 11, 2011
Any team trading for Trouba will have the contract negotiated and agreed on with Overcharge. Jets are not negotiating a contract on behalf of another team rofl.

Come December 1, Trouba really has to sign with the Jets (almost certainly a bridge). It would be absolutely ridiculous for him to sit a whole year without getting a year closer to UFA.

You're misunderstanding my post. I also believe that teams will have negotiated with Overhardt before making a trade. I was responding to comments that suggest Trouba will sign with Winnipeg before being traded. I could only think of one scenario under which that could happen, which I shared. This isn't Turris 2.0 here. Jacob wants control over where he gets traded.

Why would he completely give up the little control he has by signing a contract (even if it's a bridge)?

Do you really think that he and his agent have been telling teams that they'd suffer if Trouba were traded there? Is the whole "I'm going to holdout again if I'm traded to you" somehow implied when he and his agent have told a team that he doesn't want to sign there? So far, what we know is that Overhardt has been telling GM's one of three things when they have inquired about Trouba coming to their team:

1. We won't sign with you
2. We will sign, but we want big money/term
3. We will sign, but we want reasonable money/term

Are you suggesting that teams who have already been told #1 would not trade for Trouba if the Jets had him signed? Why? If it is because he would be a negotiation nightmare after his contract is up, then who cares.. another team could just do what Chevy is doing right now. If it is because he'll coast and not play to his potential and this is bad for your team, then my question is why would Chevy run the risk of paying him to half-ass his play until a trade is made, especially with the current asking price?

Again, with the way this whole saga has unfolded, I would be shocked if Trouba and Overhardt do a complete 180 here, give up all leverage by signing a deal, and then Trouba plays his heart out so that a desired team comes to Chevy begging for Trouba with their best assets in hand, while the rest of the team and organisation just shrugs and says "well, we know you don't want to be here right now but let's make the most of this while you're here".

IMO this is either going to resolve itself with a trade while Trouba is unsigned, or he holds out completely and heads to Europe to collect a cheque.

If Trouba signs and there's no trade for weeks, Overhardt is dumber than I already think and the Jets may be playing someone whose performance is compromised.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
You're misunderstanding my post. I also believe that teams will have negotiated with Overhardt before making a trade. I was responding to comments that suggest Trouba will sign with Winnipeg before being traded. I could only think of one scenario under which that could happen, which I shared. This isn't Turris 2.0 here. Jacob wants control over where he gets traded.

Why would he completely give up the little control he has by signing a contract (even if it's a bridge)?

Do you really think that he and his agent have been telling teams that they'd suffer if Trouba were traded there? Is the whole "I'm going to holdout again if I'm traded to you" somehow implied when he and his agent have told a team that he doesn't want to sign there? So far, what we know is that Overhardt has been telling GM's one of three things when they have inquired about Trouba coming to their team:

1. We won't sign with you
2. We will sign, but we want big money/term
3. We will sign, but we want reasonable money/term

Are you suggesting that teams who have already been told #1 would not trade for Trouba if the Jets had him signed? Why? If it is because he would be a negotiation nightmare after his contract is up, then who cares.. another team could just do what Chevy is doing right now. If it is because he'll coast and not play to his potential and this is bad for your team, then my question is why would Chevy run the risk of paying him to half-ass his play until a trade is made, especially with the current asking price?

Again, with the way this whole saga has unfolded, I would be shocked if Trouba and Overhardt do a complete 180 here, give up all leverage by signing a deal, and then Trouba plays his heart out so that a desired team comes to Chevy begging for Trouba with their best assets in hand, while the rest of the team and organisation just shrugs and says "well, we know you don't want to be here right now but let's make the most of this while you're here".

IMO this is either going to resolve itself with a trade while Trouba is unsigned, or he holds out completely and heads to Europe to collect a cheque.

If Trouba signs and there's no trade for weeks, Overhardt is dumber than I already think and the Jets may be playing someone whose performance is compromised.

A lot there but let's focus on this:

If it is almost December 1, do you really think that Trouba would not sign a bridge with the Jets and go play in Europe?

Yes, he loses control of where to play by signing the bridge but what a cost. He basically postpones his UFA by a year, where he would have complete control, and he doesn't progress in the premier league of the NHL. And from the Jets perspective? They still control him for four years.

I would be absolutely stunned if he takes it to that level.

And I wouldn't be too upset if it goes that crazy. It sends a tough message to its young players to not screw around with the franchise.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
We heard earlier that Arizona was interested.

The one player that jumps off the page on that team is Ekman-Larsson.

Arizona is a bit of a joke, going nowhere fast, a replication of David Lynch's Lost Highway. There are near the cap ceiling but have nearly $18 million in dead salary this year, which has afforded them some good prospects.

I can not believe that Ekman-Larsson woild not like to play in Winnipeg, a real hockey city, especially one which is celebrating their Swedish heritage, Hedberg, Nilsson (and Sjoberg?) this year. He is on the books for 6.0 million, this year, going up to I'm in his final year, with a 5.5 m cap hit. Trouba can probably be signed for at least $1 million per year less. Gologoski, Michalek, and the ELC Chycrun are all candidates for LHD there. If they acquired him, the Yotes could probably move Stone for more prospects,

Acquiring a potential top 10 d-man would be a real endorsement to our group that we are trying to win in a a 3 year window. He is a true #1LHD.

It is well documented that defense is not our strong point, but OEL, Buff, Myers, Enstrom, Morrissey, Postma, Stu would be a well rounded d-corps, however configured, giving us strength at all positions. What's the cost, would Trouba, Lemieux, Copp, Comrie be enough?

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

Arizona is a bit of a joke, going nowhere fast, a replication of David Lynch's Lost Highway. There are near the cap ceiling but have nearly $18 million in dead salary this year, which has afforded them some good prospects.

I can not believe that Ekman-Larsson woild not like to play in Winnipeg, a real hockey city, especially one which is celebrating their Swedish heritage, Hedberg, Nilsson (and Sjoberg?) this year. He is on the books for 6.0 million, this year, going up to I'm in his final year, with a 5.5 m cap hit. Trouba can probably be signed for at least $1 million per year less. Gologoski, Michalek, and the ELC Chycrun are all candidates for LHD there. If they acquired him, the Yotes could probably move Stone for more prospects,

Acquiring a potential top 10 d-man would be a real endorsement to our group that we are trying to win in a a 3 year window. He is a true #1LHD.

It is well documented that defense is not our strong point, but OEL, Buff, Myers, Enstrom, Morrissey, Postma, Stu would be a well rounded d-corps, however configured, giving us strength at all positions. What's the cost, would Trouba, Lemieux, Copp, Comrie be enough?

7 million for OEL's last year.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

No way I see them moving OEL for that little. This is quantity for quality... something teams don't often elect to do. Ask this question to neutral fans and I'm sure the add on (name) to Trouba would involve Ehlers, Connor or Laine + something else (one of them plus). They don't do this and neither do we I assume.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
No way I see them moving OEL for that little. This is quantity for quality... something teams don't often elect to do. Ask this question to neutral fans and I'm sure the add on (name) to Trouba would involve Ehlers, Connor or Laine + something else (one of them plus). They don't do this and neither do we I assume.

I would definitely consider Trouba+Connor for OEL. Maybe even Ehlers+Trouba for OEL+medium add.
I know our guys are good but OEL is fantastic and Trouba isn't helping us at all right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad