Proposal: Trouba Mega Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Sure, he has the right to not sign with the Jets. I am ok with that; however, the jets have the right not to trade him as well. If he wants to wait until 27 to play in the NHL, that is his choice. If he wants to play in the NHL sooner, he will need to deal with the jets. it is still on him. The jets do not need to give in just because trouba wants them too.

Sure you don't have to trade him but you really should trying to make someone who doesn't want to be there isn't good for anyone.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Trouba wants a trade. The Jets value him highly and don't want to take a huge loss on a trade. Trouba has hurt his own value by publicly requesting a trade and then allegedly limiting the list of teams with which the Jets can negotiate said trade. The Jets are reportedly willing to offer him $5.5m x 6 years, which is a more than fair offer, and Trouba's camp refuses to even discuss the terms of a deal. So he sits. Completely of his own doing.

I'm not sure why people feel bad for him. He is free to refuse to play by the terms of the CBA and the Jets are free to let him rot. All's fair... except to the fan's of teams that want to acquire him for a bargain.

Some say Chevy's an ******* and hurting the reputation of the franchise. I say he's doing what he can to protect his franchise's rights under the CBA, both in this case and for the future. The Jets are not a free agent destination. If every young star demands to leave the team after their ELC, whilst also dictating the terms of the deal, the Jets won't be around much longer so I say dig in, Chevy.

I don't feel bad for him or anger. Bruins fans have had this happen twice to our top ten picks. First Kessel then Hamilton.

Both were RFAs and wanted out. Both were traded for picks. I get the want of Chevy to draw this out and get the best but twice in a row were watched the return be picks or prospects.

Maybe this time a team will be different and give 1 for 1 but going on our two recent experiences and EVERYTHING Chiarelli was saying about the Kessel return he was demanding, he ended up taking what he could get...picks.

Fast forward, Sweeney was worried about an offer sheet and his RFA RHD defenseman who didn't want to be with that franchise anymore and wasn't going to sign any deal. He moved the player for picks right away and now those picks are looking very solid while Hamilton has been underwhelming.

Again, four quarters for a dollar.

The Bruins won the Kessel trade and TBD on the Hamilton one. Jets fans shouldn't be at all disappointed if the return isn't a 1 for 1 because in our two experiences the trades for picks actually really worked out well for the Bruins.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Sure you don't have to trade him but you really should trying to make someone who doesn't want to be there isn't good for anyone.

Agreed. Fans didn't even know Hamlton wanted out before he was dealt. The Managment made the call one his intentions were clear privately and then moved the player to avoid any further issues or drama. They were also suddenly able to draft players immediately with the picks.

Stream*

Dec 13, 2015
Watching Jets' skating into each other in their defensive zone and giving up goals like a going out of business sale, no wonder he wants out.
:laugh:

I guess you are use to stop watching your team after 2 periods cause they do **** and give up.

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
Watching Jets' skating into each other in their defensive zone and giving up goals like a going out of business sale, no wonder he wants out.
:laugh:

Too bad the "golden" boy couldn't even become top-4 D on such a horrible team lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad