Proposal: Trouba for Eichel

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It depends on how you see the Jets developing over the next few years. I think we have to go now. I also think Trouba's extended rest helped him have an above average year statistically.

Besides, none of these players are moving in the next five years anyways, so it's a useless endeavor. That's why I didn't name them at first.

The point I was trying to make, was the Jets need to trade Forward's for D-Men, not the other way around.

And that I agree with. This thread is clearly a bit of a fantasy to begin with.

Although ...... Eichel is that good I could think about it. We would have 2 first lines, 1a/1b. We could trade Little for D. He wouldn't return a Trouba equivalent but should net a pretty good player. We could even afford to trade Roslo for another D. Or keep him and go all in on the forward group.

I would hate the D corps though unless we got a bit of luck from Green, Stanley, Niku and the one we get for Little.

Still just fantasy.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
And that I agree with. This thread is clearly a bit of a fantasy to begin with.

Although ...... Eichel is that good I could think about it. We would have 2 first lines, 1a/1b. We could trade Little for D. He wouldn't return a Trouba equivalent but should net a pretty good player. We could even afford to trade Roslo for another D. Or keep him and go all in on the forward group.

I would hate the D corps though unless we got a bit of luck from Green, Stanley, Niku and the one we get for Little.

Still just fantasy.

Best defense is a good offense

Wed have the puck the whole time

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Best defense is a good offense

Wed have the puck the whole time

Not quite, but a lot. :laugh:

Whileee has mentioned a couple of times in other threads that the Pens are succeeding with a powerhouse group of forwards and a mediocre D corps. What he hasn't mentioned with that is goaltending. I think if you go with that model you need outstanding goaltending behind that less than stellar defense. Also note that Pitt added some defensively sound players at the TD to help out.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Not quite, but a lot. :laugh:

Whileee has mentioned a couple of times in other threads that the Pens are succeeding with a powerhouse group of forwards and a mediocre D corps. What he hasn't mentioned with that is goaltending. I think if you go with that model you need outstanding goaltending behind that less than stellar defense. Also note that Pitt added some defensively sound players at the TD to help out.

My theory on defense is basically another goalie who can play out of the net
All the defense really needs to do is be in the way of the opponent blocking off danger angles while either trying obtain the puck or just get the block shot/let the opponent get off a poor chance while the goalie really just needs to be in position

Also 4 goals is the magic number for a win

While 4 goals is not ideal every game, we still have a high scoring team that can do it(look at the very first game of the Jets seasn)

Mediocre defenseman aka defensive defenseman and a competent goalie go a long way when you can score 3 goals a game

And we already have guys like Trouba who are considered a necessity to win a cup
If Myers stays healthy we could afford to give up byfuglien for a "lesser" lhd who is more of a defensive player and maybe get a pick or a prospect
I dont mind not getting much for byfuglien as long as it fills a hole for the team since we have Trouba and (hopefully) Myers on the right

Last edited:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I have to believe in would be Trouba for Ristolainen, especially if Housley became the coach of Buffalo. Trouba gets to be the big cheese (in Buffalo lol), and gets overpaid, we get a long term contact that fits our salary structure going forward, and another Finn to fit in. Add Copp to the deal and maybe we get a player like Girgensons. I think a Latvian would like playing in Winnipeg.

Defense is

Ristolainen-Buff
Morrissey-Myers
Enstrom-Chiarot (PK)/Nogier/Poolman
F.A/trade

Ristolainen I think has more potential as a PP QB, especially on the point with Laine/Ehlers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad