Proposal: Trouba for Eichel

scarbrow21

Feb 15, 2017
Winnipeg
Based off the Dan Bylsma issue that Eichel has. Also would be based on Trouba sign and trade at 8 years 7.6M per. This would also be based on Chevy and Trouba having a talk and him saying he won't sign here in 3 years.

WPG would absolutely need to get some FA D if they traded Trouba, but that forward group would be deadly. In FA you could spend that 7.5M over less term for 2 defensivly responsible dmen in Franson (4 years at 3.5M) and Smith (4 years at 4M)
and then let the FWDs do what they're meant to do and score. No team in the NHL could compete with that forward group.

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Eichel-Laine
Perrault-Little-Roslovic
Mathias-Lowry-Armia

Morrisey-Buff
Smith(FA)-Myers
Enstrom-Franson (FA)

Thoughts? Would it be doable? Who would have to add??

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Do we even want a player on this team that clearly feels entitles to use his position to get his way. I'd imagine after dealing with Kane TNSE would stay far away from Jack.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Based off the Dan Bylsma issue that Eichel has. Also would be based on Trouba sign and trade at 8 years 7.6M per. This would also be based on Chevy and Trouba having a talk and him saying he won't sign here in 3 years.

WPG would absolutely need to get some FA D if they traded Trouba, but that forward group would be deadly. In FA you could spend that 7.5M over less term for 2 defensivly responsible dmen in Franson (4 years at 3.5M) and Smith (4 years at 4M)
and then let the FWDs do what they're meant to do and score. No team in the NHL could compete with that forward group.

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Eichel-Laine
Perrault-Little-Roslovic
Mathias-Lowry-Armia

Morrisey-Buff
Smith(FA)-Myers
Enstrom-Liljegren

Was Just thinking about this, but it wouldn't work unless we threw in more, this guy is poised to be one of the best hockey players in a couple seasons, we would definitely have to through in a pick or 2(hopefully 2018 and/or 2019, so we can get Liljegren or Makar as Trouba's future replacement) and Little as well(IMO).

Last edited:

JBM

Feb 1, 2017
Canada

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Eichel-Laine
Perrault-Little-Roslovic
Mathias-Lowry-Armia

Morrisey-Buff
Smith(FA)-Myers
Enstrom-Franson (FA)

While our forwards would be the best in the league, those d pairings scare me. Myers is too big of a question mark and there is no guarantee we will lure a guy like Smith.

If Smith did come here, and Myers did stay healthy though... :amazed:

Trade our 2st round pick this year and 3rd in 2018 to Vegas for Raanta or Grubauer and look out.

*as mentioned above we would probably have to add a high pick/good prospect to get Eichel though

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
I don't think Buffalo or their fans would want D for F. However, it's probably pretty close in value, as defensemen currently have more value than forwards. I'd guess the Jet's have to add a 2nd or Roslovic to get Buffalo to consider it.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Do we even want a player on this team that clearly feels entitles to use his position to get his way. I'd imagine after dealing with Kane TNSE would stay far away from Jack.

But you have to admit it would be pretty enticing to have Eichel on our team, the guy will be a superstar in a team of suterstar forwards, I don't think any team would outscore us(GPG average wise), I wouldn't mind taking on another loud mouth as long as he's that good.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
But you have to admit it would be pretty enticing to have Eichel on our team, the guy will be a superstar in a team of suterstar forwards, I don't think any team would outscore us(GPG average wise), I wouldn't mind taking on another loud mouth as long as he's that good.

Talent wise definitely. But Buffalo looks to be such a disorganized organization where it appears there are substantial locker room issues given all the stuff that comes out every couple of days or so. I can't see him as being a TNSE type off the ice. But who knows.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

And Trouba isn't a problem child? At least Eichel's concerns seem to be related to team accomplishments, and not just that he doesn't get enough ice time, or wants to be with other wingers.

I'll leave others to figure out any adds needed to make this equitable, but as a basic framework for a deal, I'm in.

Chances are excellent though that Eichel is not going anywhere, and Bylsma is.

scarbrow21

Feb 15, 2017
Winnipeg
Eichel isn't going anywhere before Bylsma. Just fun to speculate.

If we had to add Roslovic with Trouba for Eichel I'd still be down.

Eichel isn't a problem child, you want a guy with fire when they're losing. I love that he's not satisfied with how the last couple years have gone and he has every right to be upset when he misses 20 games and STILL leads the team in scoring.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
And Trouba isn't a problem child? At least Eichel's concerns seem to be related to team accomplishments, and not just that he doesn't get enough ice time, or wants to be with other wingers.

I'll leave others to figure out any adds needed to make this equitable, but as a basic framework for a deal, I'm in.

Chances are excellent though that Eichel is not going anywhere, and Bylsma is.

Well sure they will chose Jack over Bylsma.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Eichel is good, Trouba gets reunited with Bogo...but we need D more than C.

Edit: also we end up with twice as many threads where Toronto compares their guy to two of ours. No deal.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Eichel is good, Trouba gets reunited with Bogo...but we need D more than C.

Edit: also we end up with twice as many threads where Toronto compares their guy to two of ours. No deal.

Draft them, we could get likely get Liljegren or Valimaki by our pick this draft

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
DO NOT post this on the main boards. Nothing good will come out of that one.

It's a no-brainer for us.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Value is fair, a little worried about Eichel's maturity if any of these reports are true.

I think we could use a signed Trouba more though, so this would have to be under the assumption that Trouba was walking for me.

We'd really have to turn any and all of our other prospects into another D as well.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I dunno...Blysma's a pretty ****** coach. Buffalo had solid goaltending and has a lot of pieces - underperformed this year for sure. 44 Quality Starts from their goalies this year - team SV% .920 and they only won 33 games? The Jets got 35 Quality Starts, .904 team SV% and won 40. 9 more QS and these Jets are still playing hockey right now.

Anyway, if you can't get a team with .920 goaltending into the playoffs and your star player is saying you're ****, then pack your bags.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I dunno...Blysma's a pretty ****** coach. Buffalo had solid goaltending and has a lot of pieces - underperformed this year for sure. 44 Quality Starts from their goalies this year - team SV% .920 and they only won 33 games? The Jets got 35 Quality Starts, .904 team SV% and won 40. 9 more QS and these Jets are still playing hockey right now.

Anyway, if you can't get a team with .920 goaltending into the playoffs and your star player is saying you're ****, then pack your bags.

I kind of don't want to say anything about Bylsma, on the account that I'm not familiar with him and therefore not the one to tell how he rolls and if it's the right thing or not, but something is very clearly not going as planned. A goalie as good as Lehner, who gave them every opportunity to move forward this year, and Eichel have the right to be mad about the rest of the team, which they have done. Whether it looks good or not to the people outside looking in is a completely different story.

I've said it before, this is the only time Eichel can go this route ever again.

He's fired all the shots the last month or so, whether it be this or calling out teammates.

If the Sabres do everything that Eichel wants and get the same results, then the finger can only be pointed to him from that point on.

This made me think about how it should be a no-brainer for Murray to can Bylsma. You have a widely criticized coach, whose regime hasn't been a successful one. You also have a franchise center, who is already producing like a star, but has a history of being a bit too entitled, so to speak.

Is this not the perfect opportunity and a free pass for Murray to give Bylsma the boot?

From day one of the era without Bylsma, only the small minority will criticize him for caving in, as his hands were properly tied by a franchise player, and to be honest, most people won't probably criticize him at all - if he was firing a good coach, it would be a different story. If things change for the better, the firing will be seen as a good move. If not... is there not someone in the locker room who specifically wanted a new coach, and things are still not working out? Yep, that's right. Most of the heat will be directed at Eichel (barring a miraculous 1,5 PPG season or so). I don't see the downside, expect for setting a horrible precedent, but after everything Buffalo did to acquire Eichel, that should be a minor issue at most.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I'd do it

As much as we need Trouba, it's a question mark whether he signs with us or not

Scheifele
Eichel
Little
Lowry

Would be deadly

If people feel like it's an unfair trade
I'd throw in roslovic

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Eichel for Trouba? Buffalo wouldn't do Eichel for Doughty/Karlsson.

The only reason trading for Doughty or Karlsson aren't slam dunk yes's for Buffalo is because of those players having 2 years left on their deals. If Karlsson had the same amount of term left as Eichel then it would be unquestionable that Karlsson would be worth more. I wouldn't move Laine for either of those 2 either atm.

No worries if the Sabres aren't interested in Trouba. Top pairing D and young #1's are tough to find, and probably slightly more valuable than #1C's at the moment (although close as those 2 are the most important things). If he would re-sign I'd probably rather keep him anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad