Speculation: Trouba Contract Negotiations not close?

Thorburnt

Jul 16, 2015
MTS Centre
Welp. Hopefully Trouba's agent can convince Chevy he deserves time on the top pairing while Chevy convinces him to play on the left. I want Trouba - Buff

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I really wish we knew troubas demands... if he's asking more than the recently signed Barrie and jones, he is out of his mind... basically imo if jets are offering less than 5, they are crazy.... if Trouba is asking over 5.5, he's crazy.... settle at 5.25!!

I really wouldn't doubt if he's trying to demand 6 ish... dream on Trouba

He'll he shouldn't even be getting more than riellys 5 per year, but that was a steal

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Jets fans who don't believe this are in denial.

Is the contents of this tweet really all that surprising?

Doesn't mean he isn't getting signed. But this had all the makings of a tough negotiation going all the way back to last season.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If Winnipeg can't sign him to terms that they are comfortable with the Oilers should be on the horn to Chevy.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Trouba to the Leafs? Leafs have a spot for him on the right side on the top pairing with Morgan Rielly. They also have the assets to acquire him and the money to sign him.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I wanna see Chayka continue this unreal offseason of his and get something done with Trouba

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
What do fans honestly feel is a fair contract?.. I would love to hear... I am saying no more than 5.25 over 5 - 6 years

And 5.25 is the very highest I'd go

zsam

Mar 26, 2016
Winnipeg
Trouba to the Leafs? Leafs have a spot for him on the right side on the top pairing with Morgan Rielly. They also have the assets to acquire him and the money to sign him.

You do have assets that Jets need? Does that asset name start with Morgan by any chance?

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014

And the Jets have a hole on the top line left wing for Joffrey Lupul, it's a match made in heaven.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If Winnipeg can't sign him to terms that they are comfortable with the Oilers should be on the horn to Chevy.

Not really.

He's likely asking for the moon and doesn't exactly fit our needs or salary structure.

Acquiring him would probably hurt the team more than help it this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad