Trotz reached out to Babcock, Quenneville, and Julien for advice on how to coach...

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
...a dominant team (not enough room in title lol).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...of-you-in-worrying-about-the-caps-motivation/

Not for Barry Trotz. For Washington’s coach, the danger came before this, during a 20-or-so game stretch when the playoffs were both inevitable and an eternity away. That’s when he reached out to a trio of the NHL’s most decorated coaches, asking Chicago’s Joel Quenneville, Boston’s Claude Julien and Toronto’s Mike Babcock how you keep sprinting when you’re all by yourself.

Firstly, respect to Barry Trotz to swallow any ego and admit you can always better yourself. I also think this goes to show how much respect the mentioned coaches have around the NHL for what they have accomplished in their careers.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
That totally sounds like a taunt reach-out.

"Hey other coaches, can anybody give me advice on my problem? My team is winning so much I don't know what to do!" ;)

But seriously though, good on him for that. Can always learn more.

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Wow, fire this man. He clearly doesn't have the confidence to lead and needs others to do it for him. Shows you need a good old Canadian coach to lead the boys or else they'll be running the team instead.

Group Chat Legend*

Wow, fire this man. He clearly doesn't have the confidence to lead and needs others to do it for him. Shows you need a good old Canadian coach to lead the boys or else they'll be running the team instead.

Damn him for asking for advice.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

But Trotz is a good old Canadian coach. Your joke doesn't apply here :)

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002

User name confirmed.

Although Trotz actually is Canadian.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
If I'm Julien I'd hang up the phone lol. Guy is most likely coaching for his job in the final stretch (he should stay on regardless but the NHL doesn't work that way).

MastuhNinks

Apr 30, 2011
The Iron Throne
And that's why Barry Trotz is at where he's at. Over 1200 games coached in the NHL and he's still trying to get better, still humble and working on his craft. We could all learn something from that mindset.

Bathcat

Slavin is mediocre
Jul 26, 2010
Oakland
And that's why Barry Trotz is at where he's at. Over 1200 games coached in the NHL and he's still trying to get better, still humble and working on his craft. We could all learn something from that mindset.

Look pal, I just got off work. I don't need another middle manager on my hockey forums.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Truth is: Trotz has never really done it before.

He has had good teams, and done OK...this is his first go round with having a great team.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Must have been quite the call for Babcock to take.

Caps in 1st, Leafs in 30th; Babcock at the helm of a complete dumpster fire for the first time in his career. Being asked to reminisce on his glory days with Detroit, compared with where he is now? I'm sure he had lots to say. :laugh:

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Well, Babcock famously picked Scotty Bowman's brain for 3 years when Bowman was still a consultant for the Wings.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I wonder if any of them advised him not to scratch his stars in game 7 for missing curfew.

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
Poor Trotz, this is a panic move, he knows the inevitable 2nd round caps loss is coming. He's trying anything to get help...:D;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad