• TMo..png
    TMo..png
    361.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
8.2m tied up on Iafallo and Moore.

I do like Trevor’s game, but with all the forwards you’ve drafted, you should have been able to replace him with someone younger and cheaper.

People keep saying trade Iafallo/Kempe/arvidsson as if it’s easy to do. In reality it’s very difficult to move contracts of significant salary these days.
It may not be easy but trading one (at least) is necessary because the cap situation is going to demand it if we hope to fill the LHD spot. I think one goes in that sort of trade personally because we’d need to send salary back to acquire anyone that will move the needle. I’m certain there will be intent to get it done this season if possible. So we send out one of those guys, a RHD + picks. It wouldn’t shock me is is Chychrun but he’s definitely not the right type of player IMO.

Moore is actually one of those guys I’d keep, so resigning him is fine. It’s not as if he’s replacement level, he isn’t a mercenary and want to be here. He’s one of the guys that gives it all every shift.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Can't agree with this at all. Last year, he was leading the charge on entries, particularly on the powerplay. He would engage a lot more physically.

He still has his lethal shot, but he's largely been less engaged in his play without the puck, he struggles with entries. Heck, how many times have there been issues caused by him taking too long to get to the bench during OT during the road trip alone?

He plays like he has on his mind that all he has to do is get open and his shot will take care of the rest.
For years I read nobody can put the puck into the net and and now we have one again. Yes he might be less engaged but 30+ goals at the end of the year is what counts.

If you rather watch zone entries, no problem. Goals are also part of his play.

I think we constantly move from one “problem” to another “problem“ with any player.

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
For years I read nobody can put the puck into the net and and now we have one again. Yes he might be less engaged but 30+ goals at the end of the year is what counts.

If you rather watch zone entries, no problem. Goals are also part of his play.

I think we constantly move from one “problem” to another “problem“ with any player.
In a way, sure. There is no player that everyone is completely okay with. That gets magnified when the team is mediocre and bad.

But these aren't general, all-encompassing gripes like when some complain that Kopitar "doesn't demand enough of himself" or Doughty having struggles quarterbacking a powerplay. These are gripes about Kempe who used to have a couple flaws of lacking discipline and hockey sense to having a couple more flaws in exchange of improving a trait.

Vilardi hasn't scored a goal in the month of December, and he still leads the team in scoring. Kaliyev and Fiala are also only 3 goals behind Kempe. Yes, Kempe scores goals, but it's not like he's the only one doing so - and people are much more complimentary of their abilities than he.

Heck, Kopitar is only 2 goals behind Kempe, and with all the criticisms he's getting, most of it is still due to age.

If you think Kings fans should just be happy with what the Kings have in Kempe, I'll respectfully disagree and simply move on. But if you're saying people are exaggerating his deficiencies or subconciously making up gripes (which is my interpretation of your last sentence), then I think there's a flaw in defending this streaky goal-scorer whose best quality still isn't making him the best contributor on the team.

Reactions: Frolov 6'3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad