Confirmed with Link: Trevor Moore five year extension

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I’m fine with it as long as he and Danault are stapled to each other for the remainder of their deals. They’re magic together.

I think this pretty much means Arvidsson is gone after next year, and that one of Kempe or Iafallo could be moved. This team isn’t good enough with all of them playing top 9 roles for the money they’re making.

Last edited:

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I’m fine with it as long as he and Danault are stapled to each other for the remainder of their deals. They’re magic together.

I think this pretty much means Arvidsson is gone after next year, and that one of Kempe or Iafallo could be moved. This team isn’t good enough with all of them playing top 9 roles for the money they’re making.

I've always thought of RV as a placeholder anyways, even though he is really solid. His deal is up at the same time as Kopitar's, so there is a lot of cap to go around then.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I've always thought of RV as a placeholder anyways, even though he is really solid. His deal is up at the same time as Kopitar's, so there is a lot of cap to go around then.
I'm more thinking like is this even 82 full games of $4.2MM AAV hockey?

Kempe goes career year in a contract year and doesn't look like the same guy.

Cal gets the contract based on...hope on a limited sample size. Here we are.

I'm not asking for a moratorium on moves from Blake but anything he does is scary to me right now.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I don't think you can judge this deal to the off-season.....by its self, it's fine.......depends on how it works within the confines of the off-season, letting Arvidsson walk vs others walk etc.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
In all fairness to Trevor, he's posted 21 goals and 59 points in 81 games in the 2022 calendar year. A 60-point, defensively-responsible, top-six winger at $4.2 million -- and a local kid at that -- seems to be a pretty fair deal.

Hopefully he continues to improve and play well.

Edit: But I agree that the timing doesn't sit too well with me... right now is not the time that anyone on the roster should feel safe. Playing like complete shit should not be rewarded, but that's what happens at the LA Kings Beach Club I guess 🤷

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
In all fairness to Trevor, he's posted 21 goals and 59 points in 81 games in the 2022 calendar year. A 60-point, defensively-responsible, top-six winger at $4.2 million -- and a local kid at that -- seems to be a pretty fair deal.

Edit: But I agree that the timing doesn't sit too well with me... right now is not the time that anyone on the roster should feel safe. Playing like complete shit should not be rewarded, but that's what happens at the LA Kings Beach Club I guess 🤷
Wasn't sure about the amount of games at a high level so thanks for running the numbers.

That said, here we are with one good "season" leading to a five year contract.

For those saying "let RV walk in the offseason", he still has a year left after this one.

Going to be very interesting (and probably frightening) to see what Blake does. Does he go bigger game hunting with Kempe or does he move RV or Iafallo for less. He very well could just sit on his hands until the off-season as well.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I can see 2 of Iafallo, Kempe or Arvidsson getting moved
This is an absolute must.

Not a fan of the signing. Simply way too many years. Moore is a bit streaky and has some issues at times. In a vaccum it's ok. But with the log jam at forward, the need for size/etc., and all the young guys waiting in the wings for their opportunity -- it seems like a bad investment. Unless, as kings11 mentioned, a couple guys are traded and soon (by TDL preferably, but otherwise in offseason).

Reactions: AbsentMojo

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Moore is a glue player like Iafallo - glad to have 1 of them. The team cant afford to have all this salary tied up in wings - plus there are slots that need to open up for up and coming forwards with expiring ELCs (Vilardi, Fagemo, Kupari, JAD) not to mention cap space for a good 4 LD. At least 1 of Kempe, Iafallo and RV need to be traded. Lemieux prob wont be resigned but thats just a 4th line slot - maybe for Helenius.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego

If I was Trevor Moore, and I was interested in re-signing with the club, and that was the attitude the Kings gave me while on a .56 pts/game pace this season, after a .59 pts/game pace from the previous season, and currently playing with teammates not holding up their end.......I'd give the middle finger to the Kings and get paid "moore" elsewhere.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I am good with the deal but iffy on the future of fitting everyone on this roster :P He deserves a deal in the ballpark of Iafallo for sure, but some money needs to be moved around. Can't complain too much, he deserves it.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
And I was just saying they should consider trading him. Haha.

Not sure how I feel about this contract.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
that's not terribly much money and he's one of those guys that shows up with energy every night at a bare minimum, so i guess i can't be too upset

i think there's bigger fish to fry as far as the roster but i get that this is a long-term conversation

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Hopefully this means that Kempe is on the chopping block. He has value but he’s too much of a risk for the kings imo

Reactions: Trash Panda

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Kempe and Arvidsson just became trade bait, who goes first?
Kempe, without a second thought.

Younger, so teams may still cling to potential. But he's been getting favorable minutes, floating more, producing less. Even as far as PK ability, I'd trust Danault, Lizotte, Moore, and Iafallo over him.

Plus maybe Blake would actually do it since 1) he's a Lombardi pick/acquisition and 2) he can still try to rationalize the idea that he's making a push for the playoffs by trading a "young" player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad