Confirmed with Link: Trent Mann promoted to Chief Amateur Scout

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Solid research. Let me just amend/ refine that list a little.

Your Tally of 16-11-3 is a bit distorted as the "3" in that tally includes teams with at least 2 AGM's [as they are tallies of team with 3 AGMs]. The edited edition would tally up to be 17-13 in favor of teams with 2 Assitant GMs or more. So Yes, the majority of teams in the Nhl do in fact have 2 AGM's. Ottawa unfortunately does not atm. Not saying it can't change, just atm the position is vacant.

Dave McNab is Senior Vice President of Hockey Operations. Different title entirely. I also didn't consider Consultant to be the same as Assistant, because then it could be argued that 'Senior Hockey Consultant' falls under the same umbrella, putting Ottawa firmly in the two-or-more person tier.

Fair comment on Draper – he falls under the 'assistant TO the GM' rule, but I put the Isles in there so fair.

Edmonton is a tricky situation, though I'd argue that being assistant to the president of hockey ops as opposed to assistant GM implies that he specifically does NOT help with GM duties. Still, semantics no matter which side of the coin you fall on.

Regardless, the initial point stands – teams with two AGMs or more aren't as ubiquitous as you might think relative to teams with one.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
There is a large difference between Asst. General Manager, and "Special Asst. to the General Manager", but I digress, I have no horse in this race.

Alfredsson hold's the same role with a different title.

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
Dave McNab is Senior Vice President of Hockey Operations. Different title entirely. I also didn't consider Consultant to be the same as Assistant, because then it could be argued that 'Senior Hockey Consultant' falls under the same umbrella, putting Ottawa firmly in the two-or-more person tier.

Fair comment on Draper – he falls under the 'assistant TO the GM' rule, but I put the Isles in there so fair.

Edmonton is a tricky situation, though I'd argue that being assistant to the president of hockey ops as opposed to assistant GM implies that he specifically does NOT help with GM duties. Still, semantics no matter which side of the coin you fall on.

Regardless, the initial point stands – teams with two AGMs or more aren't as ubiquitous as you might think relative to teams with one.

True. My only wish is for this organization is for them to not cannibalize itself though. Wish we would have brought someone in to refill the Assistant GM position vacated through the promotion & also hope we refill Trevor Manns previous position that also been vacated thru promotion. That was my main thought.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Your Tally of 16-11-3 is a bit distorted as the "3" in that tally includes teams with at least 2 AGM's [as they are tallies of team with 3 AGMs]. The edited edition would tally up to be 17-13 in favor of teams with 2 Assitant GMs or more. So Yes, the majority of teams in the Nhl do in fact have 2 AGM's. Ottawa unfortunately does not atm. Not saying it can't change, just atm the position is vacant.

Kris Draper being a "special assistant to the general manager" where he "work closely with Detroit’s management team, assisting in player evaluation at both the professional and amateur levels. He will be asked to provide input regarding potential trades and free agent signings, as well as providing insight into potential selections at the annual NHL Entry Draft" sounds more like a scouting position as he really doesn't seem to be managing anything, or overseeing anyone.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
As long as it isn't the guy who likes taking a flier on those weird US high school and overage picks in the mid rounds.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008

If you're adding consultant/assistant to the GMs to the titles, then we also fall into the '2 or more' category because Murray is a 'Senior Hockey Advisor'... as well we have Alfredsson as a 'Senior Hockey Advisor of Hockey Ops.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: