Value of: Travis Sanheim

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Pending ufa who has been intermittently the flyers best defenseman. Probably more of a 2/3 on a real playoff team. With provy under contract and York behind him there isn't room to commit more money at lhd.
Flyers need prospects with high end potential but specifically c and rhd

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
iafallo and a 2nd/kupari/vilardi
Flyers prob like that, but seems overpay for guy his team may feel they must move
And just cause OP types "intermittently the flyers best defenseman"
doesnt mean he's great, season before last was -22 while next worst D was -12
Maybe he's not worth more than say. Iafallo. Or 1 of those qst round F prospects, 1-1 in a 'hockey trade

Ristolainen was traded for a first plus at a higher cap hit Lindholm was extended shortly after being moved and also got a 1st plus.
The Risto deal, extension were both widely panned as excessive and unwise

Lindholm is universally lauded as very very good, a few classes above TS

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
Sanehim is the guy I've been targeting all off-season for 2LD on the Oilers. The fit with Ceci would be unbelievable, and give the team a legitimate second pairing for the first time since Oscar Klefbom was healthy. It would also push Kulak to the third unit, which helps everyone.

Cap's the problem though of course. Tyson Barrie would need to be moved without any money coming back, and that's with Warren Foegele already likely to be a cap casualty. Hopefully one of ARI/BUF/CHI decides they could use Barrie's services on the PP, and/or a team like Montreal ends up with LTIR space for him (the team I think needs him most).

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
IMO, the Flyers need a rebuild. But keep Sanheim. Get stuff for Provorov. I don’t think that the obc running the flyers would agree, but that’s the problem.

Reactions: TheKingPin

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
Flyers prob like that, but seems overpay for guy his team may feel they must move
And just cause OP types "intermittently the flyers best defenseman"
doesnt mean he's great, season before last was -22 while next worst D was -12
Maybe he's not worth more than say. Iafallo. Or 1 of those qst round F prospects, 1-1 in a 'hockey trade

The Risto deal, extension were both widely panned as excessive and unwise

Lindholm is universally lauded as very very good, a few classes above TS
iafallo's in it to make the cap work

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
IMO, the Flyers need a rebuild. But keep Sanheim. Get stuff for Provorov. I don’t think that the obc running the flyers would agree, but that’s the problem.
Yea this is what should already have happened, but they are delusional. It will still likely happen, hopefully before this trade deadline and draft.

You aren’t getting Sanheim for a 2nd.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Breakout year coming for Sanheim this year I think.
Something will go wrong, the Flyers can’t have anything nice...

Philadelphia should be keeping Travis Sanheim but Fletcher will probably deal him at the deadline in an underwhelming deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad