Confirmed with Link: Travis Sanheim Signs Eight Year Extension ($6.25AAV)

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

Throw.png

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
This means the can finally put him on the powerplay without worrying that the stat boost will inflate the value of his contract!!!!

Did it with Ghost and the Provy

Woo hooo

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

This is honestly feels like San Jose years ago when they basically signed everybody of note they had to long term deals. But at least San Jose had a finals appearance to hang it’s hat. Even when you’re a contending team you’re taking on a big risk with that type of contract outlook. But at least you can somewhat justify it short term when your team is legitimately good.

The Flyers are essentially taking on all the risk long term with little to no short term benefit.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
At least we have the best part of our really shitty defensive core locked up now, I guess. Congrats on finally making a good move I guess, chuck?
Was going to be less shitty about it. But chuck did good.

Finally.

This just makes me sad. He deserves better than this shit team and he's just going to continue being wasted here.

Also, be less shitty.

Reactions: Starat327

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
Good deal for both the player and the team.

Also shows how much out to lunch the majority of the fan base is with how players feel about playing in Philly.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Good player however, not a defensive stalwart. They keep giving his offensive development/opportunities to other players

Terrible extension for a player they didn't development properly from day 1

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
He took comfort in the idea Ristolainen will be traded in 2 years with $2 mil retained. That leaves him 6 good years! (You do have to chuckle that signing Risto made signing Sanheim even more likely because of their purported elite chemistry.)

Sanheim isn't a boat rocker, so I'm not terribly surprised he didn't test UFA, even if I think that was the best career move. Hopefully, he's still a plus contributor in 4-5 years when this team might begin a turnaround. Or not. But I don't expect his prime years to be utilized to a winning product. I mean they can't even give him PP time and utilize his prime years as is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad