OT: Travis Green

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
So, I was perusing the main boards and came across the "Value of Corey Perry" thread. They op asked what is value is and if they could see Anaheim moving him. One poster claimed that since they brought back Carlyle and wanted to win now it would be unlikely, but if they had gone with Travis Green more of a rebuild might be in order.

So I had to go look. Didn't realize Travis was coaching. Lookout Capuano, the next Isles coaching retread is hot on your heels bubba!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travis_Green

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
He interviewed for both the Flames and Ducks spot I believe. He is going to be a very sought after coach soon.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Stay away from him!!! He's ours. Off limits!

May we interest you in a slightly used Willie Desjardins instead?

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
I'm intrigued but a little uneasy about a guy who hasn't had any NHL coaching experience.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I would prefer Brent Sutter, I think he'd be perfect for the Isles. But I don't think he will ever leave Western Canada.

Yashin for President

Jan 14, 2007
Bestchester
Whoever is going to be the next coach will have to be approved by JT. If we want him to stay this is what it takes. Wonder if Travis Green is his style of coach.

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
Sorry but the first thing i think of when hearing Travis Green is "gutless puke" from the mouth of the kind and gentle hearted Milbury lol.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Sorry but the first thing i think of when hearing Travis Green is "gutless puke" from the mouth of the kind and gentle hearted Milbury lol.

me too, lol. i also picture Milbury beating Travis with his shoe, trying to teach him to 'be a man'. an era of embarrassment.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Don't get the infatuation with him.

Same, Brent Sutter is still my all time favorite Islander. I worshipped him as a kid. In shop class I silk screened his name and number on my cheap Islanders jersey. In art class, I made a sculpture of him, lol. No joke. Even sent away his card to get signed. My jersey numbers for every sport I play are always 21 because of him.

However, I haven't been impressed with his coaching in the NHL. I don't think he's worth bringing in at all. Love him as a player, and still a huge fan...just not on board with him coaching us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad