Confirmed with Link: Travis Green named new head coach

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
He had two years of Hughes in one of them they knocked off the Blues who were the defending stanley cup champs and lost in game 7 to Vegas. Are you going to do any research or just keep complaining?
Ok? I was responding to a post that indicated the Canucks transition game was bad and he may not face the same issues in Ottawa because he'll have Sanderson and Chabot.

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Interesting perspective... An observation... Not dissimilar to the diversity of opinion one can find in NHL fan bases around just about every issue, I expect broad opinions can be found in NHL circles. IOW, both positive and negative takes exist. The giant difference is that we are far less likely to hear NHL connected folks express negatives. While fans (sane or crazy) are free to express whatever they choose on social media with relative impunity (direct attribution or consequence), NHL connected folks have very real interpersonal relationships and reputations to protect. Many NHLers would be reluctant to risk burning bridges for little personal gain. Axe grinders have to be seriously aggrieved (real or perceived) to act.

All to say, the link you provided is valuable as it provides more perspective to consider as we form our personal opinions. Thanks.

Reactions: DrEasy and SensInTO

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Noodles talking about Green on Locked on Sens... I don't usually listen to that podcast, but here it is for those interested,

Another person saying Green is tough but fair btw.

Reactions: WallyD

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Like I said, don't usually listen to their show, but I do like hearing from Noodles.
Noodles is great. I try to tune into Overdrive on TSN live where you can rewind it if you don't get it on time.
They had Boudreau and the Walrus on yesterday. I like that show.

Not that I don't agree, but given your knowledge where is your podcast?
Well you are probably just funning.. but .. I don't have the personality or the desire to do that .... Knowledge isn't a requirement ... see LOS lol.
Its too tough a gig for me.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Noodles is great. I try to tune into Overdrive on TSN live where you can rewind it if you don't get it on time.

Well you are probably just funning.. but .. I don't have the personality or the desire to do that .... Knowledge isn't a requirement ... see LOS lol.
Seems like entertainment is the name of the game more than in depth knowledge and analysis, and that takes a certain personality.

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
So, who do we think are candidates for Assistant jobs?

Alfredsson, Gruden, Mckee, Capuano, an other prominent candidates?
In Vancouver he had Malholtra, Doug Jarvis, Jason King, Nolan Baumgartner and Newell Brown
Everybody is always waxing eloquent about accountability. All well and good, but I hope Green has significant lattitude in HIS choice of assistants. It's hard if not unfair to make a coach accountable if his assistants are not of his choosing, imposed on him. Not saying he can't or shouldn't consider management's suggestions, but he really needs to have significant say here, or why did you hire him?

Personally I hope to see a very strong focus on the Defence coach in particular. As for the Forwards coach, again I think we need a coach who can focus on team defensive play. When you have a group of highly skilled offensive forwards (opinions may vary) that part can be left to their creativeness and ability, but we need somebody to school and hold these forwards accountable for how they play without the puck. It's worthy of mention that goaltending coach matters too.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
All coaches try to be tough and try to be fair. That is the nature of the business of coaching in the NHL.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary

I think knowledge is important and I wasn't really funning. It would be interesting to see someone such as yourself with a podcast.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Ideally I'd like to see Claude Julien as an assistant. Someone that is Jacques-like on the bench is an asset IMO, to counteract Green. But in most likelihood they'll just go with a combination of whoever Green or Staios worked with in the past.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Alex Adams.. local reporter interview with Noodles

The interview is broken up into different topics.. you can see by hovering at bottom of the screen. The last segment is on your new coach.

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
Do not kid yourselves - 5-15 to start the season is incoming.
Gary B. is no dummy. He has massaged the NHL schedule for decades.

Bottom teams play an easier schedule at the outset. It is meant to ensure a near 0.500 for all teams. And so keep everyone in it. There have been many posts, on here, the last 3 years on this.

If you go back and do a real in depth look at bottom team schedules, you will see that they do in fact play one another disproportionately high in the first 1/3 of the season.

so a 5 - 15 start would mean a team is either unbelievable bad, or has experienced near cataclysmic misfortune in the time leading up to the start of the season. The Sens are not this bad, Travis Green is a far more competent coach.

A 9-11 is possible. That would be in keeping with the last 3 seasons.

9 -11, is still a salvageable season. All it would require is a 11-9 stretch to erase it. Factor in 3-4 OTL points and you are at 43/44 points after 40 games and still in it.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Dreger said LA and Seattle was also interested in Green. Probably why, the team give him 4 years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad