Speculation: Traverse City Tournament on MSG?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Do not know, and am hoping to jettison cable for smart tv via internet soon, and will be interested in knowing what options exist to have coverage, both generally for NYR games and also Traverse City.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I feel like the Rangers are the only team that has released nothing on the TCT. I really want to know the roster already!!!

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I don't know the rules to the roster but can krieder play ?
I'm not sure. I know Luke Adam played in the last tournament, and he had NHL experience.

I'm sure Rangerboy will swoop in at any moment to provide the rules, however.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
How do they determine pro experience? NHL/AHL or anywhere?

Fasth and Lindberg have 2+ pro seasons in Sweden.
Assuming they define it the same way as the CBA:

Fasth and Lindberg would only have one season pro experience--the season of pro hockey they played in Sweden while under NHL contract.

Normally a pro-season would be gained when:
■A player aged 18 or 19 plays in 11 or more professional games
■or; a player aged 20 or plays in 1 or more professional games

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
Sending Kreider would be a complete waste of time. He has nothing to prove against CHLers and AHLers. I don't know why we'd want him to go even if he was eligible.

Green Blob*

Sending Kreider would be a complete waste of time. He has nothing to prove against CHLers and AHLers. I don't know why we'd want him to go even if he was eligible.

Yea, wouldnt make a drop of sense. They wouldnt send him even if he was eligible.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Yeah Kreider dominating the AHL last season......................... dot dot dot

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
Yeah Kreider dominating the AHL last season......................... dot dot dot

Completely besides the point. Majority of the AHL players that go to Traverse City are the Blake Parlett's and Jason Wilson's. And even those are in the minority compared to the number of CHL guys that will be playing. He's going to start the season in the NHL. There's literally nothing to prove against those guys.

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
Okay, let me amend my statements.

Chris Kreider has nothing to gain in attending a casual, pre-training camp tournament consisting largely of CHLers/NCAAers getting their first taste of professional hockey and Europeans getting their first taste of North American hockey. And for a handful of tryout guys to try an earn a contract. He's going to have the entirety of training camp and the pre-season to prove himself against the players he needs to prove himself against. There's nothing that Traverse City offers him exclusively.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Well it seems like the Rangers have their first player to be named to the Traverse Squad. According to the training camp invitees page on the trade & free agent talk page, Jimmy Oligny is representing NYR in the Traverse City Tournament. All I know about him is that he plays for Rimouski Oceanic.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I would send Danny Kristo, JT Miller, Dylan McIlrath, and Hrivik out there. The last time this tournament took place, Detroit and Buffalo loaded up their rosters with guys that had NHL and AHL experience, so why not stack up your closest NHL prospects that are eligible.

Hell I'd do Lindberg over Hrivik if eligible.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Arggg! Don't tell me I'm going to miss the first bit of relevant hockey this year... Is there a way someone could record and upload the games?!

Putting up the Unicorn Signal for Charlie!

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

No matter what, he has nothing to gain from playing in Traverse.

You can make the argument that the new guys, Lindberg and Fasth, who has played many more pro-games than Kreider, at least would get a taste of the small ice and get to know a few faces before camp starts. Like Erixon did.

Kristo should be a given too.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Okay, let me amend my statements.

Chris Kreider has nothing to gain in attending a casual, pre-training camp tournament consisting largely of CHLers/NCAAers getting their first taste of professional hockey and Europeans getting their first taste of North American hockey. And for a handful of tryout guys to try an earn a contract. He's going to have the entirety of training camp and the pre-season to prove himself against the players he needs to prove himself against. There's nothing that Traverse City offers him exclusively.

I kind of disagree. If nothing else it gets Chris a few more games and an extra week of training camp. Those things will not hurt him. Every team is pretty likely to have guys on the verge of making their NHL teams. Chris fits that bill as well. Kreider's first pro season was not particularly great. He's eligible to play. He should go. He still has a lot to prove.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Kreider may not be eligible. They allow 4 players with 1 year of pro experience. Kreider has 2 including 11-12.

Should change it then to 'if he were eligible'.

In any case then what happens to McIlrath who played 2 regular season AHL games in 10-11 and 5 AHL playoff games in 11-12 + 12-13 with our AHL team?

JT Miller also played 5 AHL playoff games in 11-12 and split 12-13 between the AHL and NHL and Hrivik played 8 regular season AHL games in 11-12 + all the playoffs + the 12-13 season though he didn't actually sign with the Rangers organization until the summer between the 11-12 and 12-13 seasons.

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
I kind of disagree. If nothing else it gets Chris a few more games and an extra week of training camp. Those things will not hurt him. Every team is pretty likely to have guys on the verge of making their NHL teams. Chris fits that bill as well. Kreider's first pro season was not particularly great. He's eligible to play. He should go. He still has a lot to prove.

If it was tangibly beneficial for players to get an "extra week" of training camp in... then why wouldn't they just start training camp a week early? The players are already gathering and doing drills together. Safe to say that, while Traverse City is going on, all the main squad guys are going to be in NY training. This is a guy that has played 23 regular season games and 26 playoff games at the highest level possible. Three or four games against everyone else's versions of Ryan Graves and Josh Nicholls would do absolutely nothing for Kreider.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I think it's more likely that Fast, Lindberg, Miller and Mcilrath are the ones that get the invites. That's if Fast and Lindberg count for this pro-experience rule. If they don't, Hrivik and Yogan will be invited.

Kristo is a given I'd say.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Should change it then to 'if he were eligible'.

In any case then what happens to McIlrath who played 2 regular season AHL games in 10-11 and 5 AHL playoff games in 11-12 + 12-13 with our AHL team?

JT Miller also played 5 AHL playoff games in 11-12 and split 12-13 between the AHL and NHL and Hrivik played 8 regular season AHL games in 11-12 + all the playoffs + the 12-13 season though he didn't actually sign with the Rangers organization until the summer between the 11-12 and 12-13 seasons.

Those games don't count. They were playing under an ATO (amateur try out).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad