Traverse City Prospects Tournament 2019

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Zadina C- - 0-5-5. -2. 15 shots. Something is off about this guy. Doesn't seem to skate very well with the puck. Lots of floaty, lazy passes over the middle. But most importantly, misses the net a lot, and doesn't seem to have that release and velocity. Not saying Zadina isn't still a top 6 prospect. But he seemed like a sure bet for a top line winger at one point. It seems like he should be further ahead than he is. Maybe he wakes up and tears it up in camp, but it's looking almost certain he starts in GR.
m.
I know everyone has great expectations on this kid, but if just a few pucks had gone in for him it would have looked like a pretty great tournament for him imo..
I'm worried about guys like this if they're not getting chances and not creating offense.

Reactions: SirloinUB

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I know everyone has great expectations on this kid, but if just a few pucks had gone in for him it would have looked like a pretty great tournament for him imo..
I'm worried about guys like this if they're not getting chances and not creating offense.
Fair enough.
But he was out there for what? 15-20 powerplays?
You're gonna get opportunities on the first unit.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Just too many conclusions about a bad puck luck.

Zadina had 23 scoring chances and with normal hitting accuracy it would have meant ~2 goals.

Veleno scored 7 goals with 41% shooting percentage. That was way too lucky and on the long run those goal amount would be more even.

Patrik Laine has scored 110 goals during last 3 seasons, and at last season did have 15 and 12 game stretches without a goal, on his 30-goal season.

It's just goes that way.

Reactions: AttilaTheFun

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
Zadina was generating offense at the end of close games.

He's not a puck carrier, and he's not a pure sniper. He's a guy with great hands and natural opportunistic instincts.

He won't win you the puck, but when he gets to a loose one he's coming over the line at a dynamic angle and has a good sense for developing a play and not forcing it.

He's an icing on the cake kind of player imo. Give him good linemates with good chemistry and he will settle and keep pucks alive, make plays and make the offense run at a high efficiency.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Unscreened wrist shots from the top of the circle are not scoring chances. 0% shooting percentage is pretty expected... no matter how excited Art Regner got each time he put the puck toward the net.

He's had "bad puck luck" and has been "trying too hard" and has needed to "just build his confidence" for over a year now... Maybe those are NOT the issues?

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
Unscreened wrist shots from the top of the circle are not scoring chances. 0% shooting percentage is pretty expected... no matter how excited Art Regner got each time he put the puck toward the net.

He's had "bad puck luck" and has been "trying too hard" and has needed to "just build his confidence" for over a year now... Maybe those are NOT the issues?

Those are things people like Art Regnar say instead of what I said a couple posts back. He has no clue what he's talking about when he says those things.

Zadina isnt struggling in any public way. The media is struggling to have anything to say about a 19 yo whose game hasnt emerged yet.

Zadina has yet to be put into a position where shooting %, puck luck, nerves or confidence is an issue. He's a teenager doing a respectable job staying afloat in his development.

He had some great possessions in the pre-pre-pre-season to build off of. The stakes don't warrant the kind of analysis that is being thrown around imo.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Those are things people like Art Regnar say instead of what I said a couple posts back. He has no clue what he's talking about when he says those things.

Zadina isnt struggling in any public way. The media is struggling to have anything to say about a 19 yo whose game hasnt emerged yet.

Zadina has yet to be put into a position where shooting %, puck luck, nerves or confidence is an issue. He's a teenager doing a respectable job staying afloat in his development.

He had some great possessions in the pre-pre-pre-season to build off of. The stakes don't warrant the kind of analysis that is being thrown around imo.

Zadina had 35 points in the AHL as an 18-19 year old, in only 59 games. Had he played a full season he likely would've hit 50 points which would have been one of the best seasons, all-time, for a kid his age in the AHL.

He just needs time. For comparison, Tatar had 32 points in 58 games as a 19-20 year old.

The kid has a lot of potential, he's only 19 and it's only his third year in NA.

Reactions: Henkka and vladdy16

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad