OT: Trash talker Sean Avery unloads on Michigan Ball Hockey dude

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Nice!

I ran into Avery on the street in NYC shortly after I read his book a year or two ago. I stopped him, told him I'm originally from Detroit, and liked his book a lot. He's a nice guy. His public persona is mostly an act.

I just bought my friend a Roger Stone cameo for his birthday. $50 and Stone turned it around in under an hour -- the wonders of the Internet. Hilarious.

Reactions: MBH

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Nice!

I ran into Avery on the street in NYC shortly after I read his book a year or two ago. I stopped him, told him I'm originally from Detroit, and liked his book a lot. He's a nice guy. His public persona is mostly an act.

I just bought my friend a Roger Stone cameo for his birthday. $50 and Stone turned it around in under an hour -- the wonders of the Internet. Hilarious.

Amazing. Roger Stone? Seems desperate right? But If you can charge $50 for 5 minutes work and do this just 2 hours a week, that's $2400/week. That's a nice side hustle for sure.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Amazing. Roger Stone? Seems desperate right? But If you can charge $50 for 5 minutes work and do this just 2 hours a week, that's $2400/week. That's a nice side hustle for sure.
I felt guilty giving the guy money but it was worth the laugh.

Reactions: MBH

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Probably had to be to get where he went.

It seemed to also help punch his ticket out of the league as he seemed to focus more on that part of his game to the detriment of everything else. I liked him when he came up, but he just became too much of a circus act. Kind of a shame.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
It seemed to also help punch his ticket out of the league as he seemed to focus more on that part of his game to the detriment of everything else. I liked him when he came up, but he just became too much of a circus act. Kind of a shame.

Yeah.
He's pretty convinced he had to play/act that way to make it. hard to argue with him.
Undrafted. Made it to the NHL. Played in Detroit, LA and New York. Earned $20M. Dated some of the hottest women on earth.

Not sure how much of the $20M he still has if he's doing these videos.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona

Considering his post-career endeavors and his swank Manhattan condo I'd venture to guess he's doing okay.

Cameo is easy money for some. High Pitch Eric (frequent caller/guest/Wack Packer) from The Howard Stern Show made $60k+ doing Cameo spots. Sit there for 2 minutes or less a pop, spend and hour or two a day and make a killing.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017

I think years ago it may have seemed that way, but tons of celebs are on there. I was looking today and saw Bobby Hull, McCarty, Mrazek, Our Svech, Roenick, Avery to name a few hockey players, and to name some other celebs, Brett Favre, Charlie Sheen, and Snoop Dog. Some charge more then others though, Sheen charges $550 a video, $50 is on the lower end.

Check out all the players that do it Cameo

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I don't find him entertaining most of what he makes headlines about is just being rude and condescending. Its more than just chirping IMO. That time he waved his stick in Brodure's face during a power play was it for me. Glad he was shunned by the league. The shame is he was actually a pretty good hockey player and does seem like he is capable of being a charming decent person if he dropped the act. Anyway who am I to judge but if he disappeared from the news I don't see what would be missed.

Avery Rule

Jun 1, 2010
I love Sean, was heartbroken when he retired, I have a jersey of his and when he was still playing in New York I wore it to a Walleye game during the playoffs and got some weird looks, even from team personal haha.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
If people are willing to pay you for your likeness you take that easy money.

Samuel L. Jackson didn't need the Capital One spokesman money, but he took it because it was easy.

Last edited:

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Were you expecting a poignant scorching roast hitting on deep insecurities and personal mishaps about someone he knows absolutely nothing about?

Yes. I wanted that guy to feel the roast to his very core and see the scars that the villain Sean Avery inflicted upon his very soul.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Yeah.
He's pretty convinced he had to play/act that way to make it. hard to argue with him.
Undrafted. Made it to the NHL. Played in Detroit, LA and New York. Earned $20M. Dated some of the hottest women on earth.

The thing is, I don't think that was as big a part of his game early in his career. Chirping sure, but the antics got more pronounced the longer he'd been in the league and ultimately ended his career.

He was and could've continued to be a great utility player. At his best he was a 30 point guy who would hit, fight, agitate. Could play on the PK and PP if necessary.

Every team would love to have that guy, just not the baggage that came with it in his case.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
The thing is, I don't think that was as big a part of his game early in his career. Chirping sure, but the antics got more pronounced the longer he'd been in the league and ultimately ended his career.

He was and could've continued to be a great utility player. At his best he was a 30 point guy who would hit, fight, agitate. Could play on the PK and PP if necessary.

Every team would love to have that guy, just not the baggage that came with it in his case.

I don't know about that. The dude was all attitude as a rookie in Detroit.
I always thought Maltby was a first-class agitator. But Avery, as a rookie, made Maltby look like Jean Belliveau.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad