TransPod FluxJet - Ultra-High-Speed Transportation

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
So it is faster than a Bullet train?

I wonder what the cost will be?

I wonder if obese people will be very sorry about the G forces?

I wonder if Elon Musk is going to sue over this or if it will complement is Boring Company ideas?

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
So it is faster than a Bullet train?

I wonder what the cost will be?

I wonder if obese people will be very sorry about the G forces?

I wonder if Elon Musk is going to sue over this or if it will complement is Boring Company ideas?
1,000 km/hr is over 600 mph, while the fastest public bullet train in operation is the Shanghai Maglev @ 268 mph. Big diff'.

As for g-forces, they are related to acceleration & not to speed. So as long as the FluxJet folks can figure out how to get up to max speed & slow down to stop at small rates and minimize/eliminate turning (all significant limitations), there's a chance neither obese nor skinny passengers will suffer. This recent American Bazaar article notes that Musk's plan for a San Francisco-L.A. hyperloop proposes a limit of no more than 0.5 g's, while this earlier PBS News Hour piece cites plans to mimic the 0.1 to 0.3 g acceleration of a commercial aircraft on takeoff.

My head is slowly beginning to wrap around the technical points of this extreme travel thing, but I don't expect to see any of these public transport options operating in my remaining lifetime. And I'm OK with that, because I've never liked rollercoasters either. o_O

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
1,000 km/hr is over 600 mph, while the fastest public bullet train in operation is the Shanghai Maglev @ 268 mph. Big diff'.

As for g-forces, they are related to acceleration & not to speed. So as long as the FluxJet folks can figure out how to get up to max speed & slow down to stop at small rates and minimize/eliminate turning (all significant limitations), there's a chance neither obese nor skinny passengers will suffer. This recent American Bazaar article notes that Musk's plan for a San Francisco-L.A. hyperloop proposes a limit of no more than 0.5 g's, while this earlier PBS News Hour piece cites plans to mimic the 0.1 to 0.3 g acceleration of a commercial aircraft on takeoff.

My head is slowly beginning to wrap around the technical points of this extreme travel thing, but I don't expect to see any of these public transport options operating in my remaining lifetime. And I'm OK with that, because I've never liked rollercoasters either. o_O
Taking off is the only thing that I like about jet travel, I dislike landings. Haven't been on a plane since COVID.

My 163 pounds might like to try the FluxJet once!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad