Transit help

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
Hey saskatchawanian here
i was looking at going to a game Saturday March 31 in Vancouver at 1:00 and then a event in abbotsford @ 7:30.
What would be my best source of transportation post game to abbotsford ?
Thanks in advance folks.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Google maps is pretty good with showing transit options. Put in your starting and ending destination and be sure to click the transit tab for multiple options.

DqkxjMD.png

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Downtown to Abbotsford.... Rent a car. Or sign up for a car sharing service, thats far af on transit.

Reactions: Huggy43

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Game at 1 then Abby for 7:30?Public transit youre looking at 2 1/2-3 hours if things connect. IF

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
An uber driver wouldn't take you to Abbotsford after the game lol. I went to a jays game in Toronto and uber drivers refused to leave downtown. I was staying nowhere near as far away as Abbotsford is from downtown van.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Justing looking at Translink the lower mainland public transit system extends as far east as Aldergrove, which is right next door to Abbotsford I think. I'm not sure what happens when you get there though. It would be a monster bus ride, something close to three hours probably. And it looks like service to Aldergrove knocks off too early to get back out of town after a game on anyway.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Surprisingly, it looks doable from Rogers to to Aldergrove by public transit in the evening but it looks like you would be leaving the game with some time left on the clock in the third period as the last Aldergrove bus seems to leave King George station in Surrey at 10:27 which probably means leaving the rink at 9:15 or so as the train to Surrey is 50 ish minutes I think plus a short walk from the rink and a few minutes wait on the platform. I'm not sure what happens when you get to Aldergrove but you're in cab distance there anyway,.

Timetable for route 503 — Aldergrove / Surrey Central Station — TransitDB

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Hey saskatchawanian here
i was looking at going to a game Saturday March 31 in Vancouver at 1:00 and then a event in abbotsford @ 7:30.
What would be my best source of transportation post game to abbotsford ?
Thanks in advance folks.
I just now noticed that you're going to an afternoon game.:D

Yeah, if you don't want to take a Greyhound public transit would get you very close to Abbotsford without time pressure early in the day, provided you're not returning to the city.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i would rent a car from the main train station after your first event. it's the easiest place to grab a rental car and a straight shot to get to the freeway and out of town.

i think the car2go places charge a premium for long trips where the rental would be cheaper. abbotsford and back is at least 150km fyi.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Yeah I looked at the Greyhound thing out of curiosity. Tickets are only $13 but the buses only run in the morning or in the evening, and the closest arrival time in Abbotsford is 7:20PM.

Since you're making a trip to see both a Canucks game and a concert you may want to look into seeing what it takes to just rent a car for a few hours, if you can pick up near the rink and then drop it off in abbostford. I have no idea what that would cost but if you could get something for $50 that might be worth it.

Otherwise Abbotsford isn't part of the greater Vancouver region, so it's not connected by transit. You could easily take the train out to Surrey and then maybe see if a cab can take you the rest of the way, but that's probably going to be at least a $50+ fair.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
Yeah I looked at the Greyhound thing out of curiosity. Tickets are only $13 but the buses only run in the morning or in the evening, and the closest arrival time in Abbotsford is 7:20PM.

Since you're making a trip to see both a Canucks game and a concert you may want to look into seeing what it takes to just rent a car for a few hours, if you can pick up near the rink and then drop it off in abbostford. I have no idea what that would cost but if you could get something for $50 that might be worth it.

Otherwise Abbotsford isn't part of the greater Vancouver region, so it's not connected by transit. You could easily take the train out to Surrey and then maybe see if a cab can take you the rest of the way, but that's probably going to be at least a $50+ fair.
Thanks I think we will rent a car if we do go.
Thanks everyone for the help

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
It looks like there's something called the 21 Aldergrove Connector that runs from Abbotsford to Aldergrove:

BC Transit - Route 21: Aldergrove Connector

After that - it's the 503 Surrey Central Station out of Aldergrove to the skytrain:

Route 503: Aldergrove / Surrey Central Station — TransitDB

Finally, once you have reached the skytrain station in Surrey it's a mere train ride to Rogers Arena (you might be read to sing a hurtin' train song by this point if you've brought your guitar - your fellow passengers would enjoy that I think):

surrey central station to stadium chinatown - Google Search

Bon voyage :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad