Training Camp Thread - First round of Cuts Made (10 players)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mckay

I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
Nothing to lose. If they win a job, great sign em cheap. If not "see ya!"

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Impressed with Tallinder accepting a try out.

Pushing Franson out is the key.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Tallinder? Well I hope he still has some gas in the tank, because he's an interesting tryout.

If he still has it, and we move on Franson, our d pairings are back to 3 LD and 3 RD

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Ohh like that they're giving Tallinder a shot ... Signs that perhaps Franson will start to get shopped as soon as preseason games start .. If Tallinder impresses perhaps he'll replace him

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Your point? He played well in the Olympics/NJ this season.

Tallinder played in Buffalo last season, recording 2-6-8 points and was a -21 on the year. :)

Our Leafs did give up more goals against than Sabres last year so perhaps Tallinder can help our D.

Leafs ideally need a #7 Dman with experience and Henrik might be that guy.

Last edited:

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013
Tallinder played in Buffalo last season, recording 2-6-8 points and was a -27 on the year. :)

Has been a solid possession player throughout his career except for last year. That said, is there anyone on Buffalo who DIDN'T suck last year?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Gives a bit of competition to the younger players.

Mikkelson would be someone I would bring for the Marlies as a #9/10 type defender on the depth charts.

I've always liked Tallinder to be honest. Decent veteran that could bring something interesting to the bottom pairing.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I'm glad that they're both left handed D. That means Franson is out and they keep Dion on the right.

It would seem like there is no other combination other than:

Gardiner - Phaneuf
Rielly - Robidas
(Tallinder) - Polak

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
Tallinder played in Buffalo last season, recording 2-6-8 points and was a -27 on the year. :)

Our Leafs did give up more goals against than Sabres last year so perhaps Tallinder can help our D.

Leafs ideally need a #7 Dman with experience and Henrik might be that guy.

Buffalo**

Mess you're better than that bolded point, Buffalo finished dead last in the NHL by a large margin. We are now going to knit-pick +/- of all stats, a stat in which is dictated by GA, in a league where the more goals win games.

You're telling me that the worst place team isn't going to have surprisingly inflated - numbers..

Thanks for the advanced statistic lesson, by golly my eye sure are open Mr. Mess.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Tallinder does make some sense.

With Robidas still out and yes, believe it, Franson's time up at $3.1M (Gorges says NTC.)

We gave up nothing to get Franson, year after year we have arbitration and they already had him moved. This wont be another Liles situation, they want him gone!

Defensively Tallinder is an upgrade on the cheap,short term.

You guys think a 2nd rounder for him?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Buffalo**

Mess you're better than that bolded point, Buffalo finished dead last in the NHL by a large margin. We are now going to knit-pick +/- of all stats, a stat in which is dictated by GA, in a league where the more goals win games.

You're telling me that the worst place team isn't going to have surprisingly inflated - numbers..

Thanks for the advanced statistic lesson, by golly my eye sure are open Mr. Mess.

I was pointing out that Toronto gave up 256 goals against and Buffalo gave up 248 goals. Buffalo was better defensively despite finishing lower in the standings.

I'm just having fun with you ;).. There is no risk to giving a player a tryout and perhaps Robidas health might be a underlying reason behind the invite. Tallinder has had a long and successful career only is there anything left at his age.

The only downside I see is that Granberg now has to beat out Tallindar and I'd perfer the Leafs to give Petter a fair chance. You know me "play the kids" and all.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Who would get waived if they sign one....as there is no cap room for a minimum NHL salary.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
You really need 8 D men.

I was pointing out that Toronto gave up 256 goals against and Buffalo gave up 248 goals. Buffalo was better defensively despite finishing lower in the standings.

I'm just having fun with you ;).. There is no risk to giving a player a tryout and perhaps Robidas health might be a underlying reason behind the invite. Tallinder has had a long and successful career only is there anything left at his age.

The only downside I see is that Granberg now has to beat out Tallindar and I'd perfer the Leafs to give Petter a fair chance. You know me "play the kids" and all.

If Percy needs more time,we need Tallinder to play that 7/8 D roles while Percy matures in the AHL. Granberg is a lock with Robidas down.7th Dmen dont play much so older guys become perfect for that role, especially when sitting in the pressbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad