Training Camp 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Also, last time players on entry level contracts were exempt. So that strikes off Scheifele, Trouba, Lowry, Ehlers, Petan and Copp from that protected list, assuming that this is taking place this summer and the RFA's haven't signed. I think I'm right here, but maybe not.

Players on an ELC were exempt.

GoldenJet89

Feb 4, 2012
Any chance Hellebuyck starts with the Jets, backing up Pavs, getting a few starts here and there to get him comfortable with hopes he takes over at somepoint?

Or let him continue to be the guy in the A and wait til either an injury or the inevitable slump to call him up and see what he can do?

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Any chance Hellebuyck starts with the Jets, backing up Pavs, getting a few starts here and there to get him comfortable with hopes he takes over at somepoint?

Or let him continue to be the guy in the A and wait til either an injury or the inevitable slump to call him up and see what he can do?

I doubt he starts with the Jets this year. I think more serious decisions will be made next year with regards to Hellebuyck and the Jets as Pavs will be in his final year of his contract and Hutch will be an RFA.

AngelicAssassin*

If Peluso is gone, Thor is still 12. He only missed one game last year, and played regularly on our 3rd. Lipon would probably be 13, or Ehlers, if he struggles, as Scheif was as a 19 year old. The bonus being that Ehlers could get 9 games, with coach being selective about which ones, all the while still getting the pro experience, and practice.

I have no problem with Thorburn being in the lineup. If we are winning and Peluso is in the press box, then "oh well, so swell". if we are losing and Peluso is in the press box and PoMo decides to sit Thorburn or anyone else on the 4th line and put in Peluso to "shake things up" then I'll be WTF, this is year one all over again.

Especially if guys with the Moose or that were sent back to junior are tearing it up.

Pardy and an injured Postma(damn, damn, damn) being 7 and 8 while JoMo plays major minutes with the Moose(mastering the Jets system) is cool beans with me as well. he will get his time. Same with Armia. We are not going to dress the same 20 +3 for 82 games or I'll reconcile with my ex wife:cry:

Harrison/Halischuk with the Moose working with the young guys is not a bad thing. Cormier, love the guy but he's just been passed by in terms of ever getting a full time shot but he won't be claimed. Dan Paille with a boatload of experience just got cut if teams want the epitome of a 4th liner.

We many regress a little this year and not make the playoffs which wouldn't be fun but I'm not going to worry because we are a couple years away I feel from being a perennial playoff team. Unlike the Bombers who have been spinning their wheels for a couple decades now.

Bring on the season. Stoner's stocked me up on bear meat, Kane on women's phone numbers Voynov's been teaching me how to fight before he gets deported, Mike's hooked me up with more Oxy than I'll ever need, I've got plenty of coffee, and a friend gave me something for "the sniffles". Shouldn't have to leave the house till hockey season is over.:D

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Of all the players assigned to the Moose, Chase De Leo had impressed me alot. I have a feeling he will have a good season down there.

Me too. He stood out just about every time I saw him and I agree, I think he will have a good season too. His WHL numbers are more impressive when you consider that he was on a different line than Petan. He is one to watch for sure.

I am also interested to see how Olsen does on the Moose. He had a very strong development camp and a very good TC.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Never trust THW

Exempt from the Expansion Draft are (i) all first and second-year pros and (ii) unsigned draft choices (except unsigned draft choices drafted from European clubs in the 1996 Entry Draft or before and who remain unsigned).

https://web.archive.org/web/2003090...keyNHLDraft00/jun13_expansiondraft_rules.html

There is no guarantee the expansion draft will be done the same way as last time. Likely somewhat close but also likely with at least some differences.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If the draft were next year, this is who I would protect...
With ELC players exempt, we would only have 8 forwards to protect.

Scheif
Wheeler
Ladd
Little
Staf
Lowry
Perrault
Burmi
Enstrom
Myers
Trouba
Buff