Trading for Crosby?

NerveFWC

Mar 25, 2013
I'm in a 16 team league where rosters are 30 players deep. The scoring stats are as follows.

G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, SOG, PPP, SHP, HIT, BLKS, FOW
W, GAA, SV%, SO

Goalies in our league are valued at a premium and I own Price, Quick and Bishop. The asking price the manager has for Crosby is a top tier goalie plus my 17th overall pick in this years draft (Draft is already underway). I'm just wondering how you would rank my goalies from best to worst and if I should take the deal even if I'm giving up my best goalie in Price or Quick with the roster that I have below?

C=Getzlaf, Spezza, Couture, Kuznetsov, B. Sutter, Boyd Gordon, John Mitchell
LW=Datsyuk, Benn, Pacioretty, Dubinsky, Van Riemsdyk, Erat
RW=Kessel, Callahan, Little, Brown, Horton, C. Stewart
D=Weber, Byfuglien, Ekman-Larsson, Seabrook, Giordano, Voynov, Hamonic, T.J. Brodie
G=Price, Quick, Bishop

Prospects = Michael DalColle, William Nylander, Jonathan Gaudreau, Nicolas Petan, Mark Jankowski, Oscar Klefbom, Jon Gillies, Joni Ortio, Tristan Jarry, Juuse Saros

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
I'm in a 16 team league where rosters are 30 players deep. The scoring stats are as follows.

G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, SOG, PPP, SHP, HIT, BLKS, FOW
W, GAA, SV%, SO

Goalies in our league are valued at a premium and I own Price, Quick and Bishop. The asking price the manager has for Crosby is a top tier goalie plus my 17th overall pick in this years draft (Draft is already underway). I'm just wondering how you would rank my goalies from best to worst and if I should take the deal even if I'm giving up my best goalie in Price or Quick with the roster that I have below?

C=Getzlaf, Spezza, Couture, Kuznetsov, B. Sutter, Boyd Gordon, John Mitchell
LW=Datsyuk, Benn, Pacioretty, Dubinsky, Van Riemsdyk, Erat
RW=Kessel, Callahan, Little, Brown, Horton, C. Stewart
D=Weber, Byfuglien, Ekman-Larsson, Seabrook, Giordano, Voynov, Hamonic, T.J. Brodie
G=Price, Quick, Bishop

Prospects = Michael DalColle, William Nylander, Jonathan Gaudreau, Nicolas Petan, Mark Jankowski, Oscar Klefbom, Jon Gillies, Joni Ortio, Tristan Jarry, Juuse Saros

Even though the Kings are not an elite regular season team I'd still keep Price and Quick over Bishop. I'd move Bishop since his stock is probably the highest it will get. I question his recent injuries and the threat of the young Russian goalie in a few seasons.

Also, I'd target a less expensive Ovechkin over Crosby with all those stat categories. However, if Crosby is the only GM talking then I'd trade Bishop and your 1st for sure. Advice would be to pick up Martin Jones to cover possible Quick injuries.

Last I think this is the offseason to trade Byfuglien. We will begin to see a decline in his durability. Ultimate target would be Karlsson, but Hedman would be a nice grab if you can get him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad