Speculation: Trades that didn't happen

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
Thought Ullmark was gone when he said he want to test the market in UFA.. But no.. Buffalo will sign him now to 6 years at 7 million :help:

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Lebrun mentioned the Hawks were listening on Zadorov but didn't like any of the offers and he was actually scratched tonight to make room for Stillman's debut. Have to think some of those talks get revisited leading up to the draft, especially if Stillman starts playing well for Chicago

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
In Chevy's presser, he said he was after players that didn't get moved. That probably includes at least 2 of these:

-Zadorov (price too high?)
-Ekholm (Nashville not selling)
-Manson (wouldn't waive NTC?)
-Bonus of Savard (got outbid)

Isles727

Nov 20, 2010
I read that the Islanders had a deal worked out with Bufalo for Hall (before the Zajac/Palmieri deal) with the return to the Sabres expected to be the same as what the Isles got for Palmieri/Zajac but it was implied/hinted that Hall used his NMC to block it.
It seems that way. Hall said today that NTC led him to Boston. Think Boston was his only choice all along.

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
Ryan Murray was not traded from NJ because Fitzgerald didn't want to burn the teams 3rd retention slot now. He wants to keep it open for trades prior to expansion draft.

I actually think that the return (even with 50% retention) would be lower than what Kulikov got so it's actually even better to let him walk than to turn our defence into swiss cheese for let's say 6th round pick.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I read that the Islanders had a deal worked out with Bufalo for Hall (before the Zajac/Palmieri deal) with the return to the Sabres expected to be the same as what the Isles got for Palmieri/Zajac but it was implied/hinted that Hall used his NMC to block it.
I heard it was a 1st, Bellows, Komarov and I forget the other part but NJ came in with the offer including Zajac and Lou went in that direction.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Ducks and Knights discussed Getzlaf but Vegas wouldn’t meet our ask

Same deal with Manson and Carolina, who then pivoted to Hakanpaa because he was cheaper to acquire.
Pitt also inquires about Ryan G...

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Of the Flames players traded I thought that Ryan would have been the one to go. I'm kind of curious as to why - were the Flames asking too much?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad